Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What is the scariest thing about the Missouri Game .

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seeing it’s a 11am game for me. It’s not knowing if my grass will need to be cut again by Saturday.

With that being said, nothing scares me about the game

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@kelly_b said:
    The Momo, or the Missouri Monster, which is evidently a "giant ape-like creature...reportedly seen in the area around Louisiana, Missouri since the 1940s, but sightings in the 1970s brought serious attention." That's pretty scary.
    https://mentalfloss.com/article/12965/10-legendary-monsters-north-america-part-two

This guy gets it.

Isn't that their superb tight end?

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    The fact that I won't crack my first beer until way after halftime. These noon games take their toll if I start at kickoff and I usually like to see all of the 3:30 games......until the end..... Dang scary to me....

No joke. I can’t plan anything around these 11am games. Fire the smoker up, chores, beer drinking screws me all up.

330 or 230 where I am at fits best.

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@ghostofuga1 said:
    The fact that I won't crack my first beer until way after halftime. These noon games take their toll if I start at kickoff and I usually like to see all of the 3:30 games......until the end..... Dang scary to me....

No joke. I can’t plan anything around these 11am games. Fire the smoker up, chores, beer drinking screws me all up.

330 or 230 where I am at fits best.

Hang in there. I have confidence that you can dispel this early start time demon.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@kelly_b said:
    The Momo, or the Missouri Monster, which is evidently a "giant ape-like creature...reportedly seen in the area around Louisiana, Missouri since the 1940s, but sightings in the 1970s brought serious attention." That's pretty scary.
    https://mentalfloss.com/article/12965/10-legendary-monsters-north-america-part-two

This guy gets it.

@VaBeachDawg - Really, I can't think of anything scarier than that up in Mizz.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@kelly_b said:

This guy gets it.

@VaBeachDawg - Really, I can't think of anything scarier than that up in Mizz.

Depends... me and you alone in the woods? terrified.

Me and you with Fromm and Big Ben looking like some Duck Dynasty outtakes? I think we would be alright.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The traveling to and from Columbia.

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:
    How many people will start saying Vandy has a shot to beat us after we destroy Mizzou.

"well they beat us at home in 2016...they've been playing better...they might have a shot against us..."

Vandy may be the second best team in the East, for what it's worth. That's a bet I would make, if I had a spine.

• Options
    DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

@ghostofuga1 said:

I'm seriously considering an all-nighter to watch this one at the only 24-hour bar in my town (Brisbane, Australia). Game starts at 2 am local time, Sunday morning.
    So the scary part will be sitting at the bar with Irish expats watching boxing and getting roudy, while I fork over $9-$12 / beer.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@DobroMattInOz said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

I'm seriously considering an all-nighter to watch this one at the only 24-hour bar in my town (Brisbane, Australia). Game starts at 2 am local time, Sunday morning.
    So the scary part will be sitting at the bar with Irish expats watching boxing and getting roudy, while I fork over $9-$12 / beer.

you might develop a Dawg Pound type situation there with some of your mates. share some beers and play a few tunes on your resophonic...priceless.

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    How many people will start saying Vandy has a shot to beat us after we destroy Mizzou.

"well they beat us at home in 2016...they've been playing better...they might have a shot against us..."

Or they almost upset the Irish.

• Options

you might develop a Dawg Pound type situation there with some of your mates. share some beers and play a few tunes on your resophonic...priceless.

I know they exist, I just haven't managed to befriend them yet.
    Beers, Dobro, and football. All I need now is some fig preserve and I'll be right.

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scariest thing is having to listen to these negative posters saying the Dawgs are going to get torched in the secondary the rest of the week because Dawgs don't have enough sacks, pressures, etc....

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    How eerily similar this Missouri team seems to b to the Chad Kelly led team that thrashed and outclassed Georgia a couple years back. Kirby will remember those.

That Rebs team had a strong defense. This Mizzou team does not. I really like Lock, but if we get 200 on the ground, it’s a wrap.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@DobroMattInOz said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Dang, @DobroMattInOz - That's more than the beers here in Paris...or right around the same amount. It always depends on the start time in the States as to whether or not I can find the game at a bar, but I don't particularly like having to go to one to see the game.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah it would be a pain in the arse trying to follow Beth Mowins with French subtitles.

• Options

@Catfish said:
    Yeah it would be a pain in the arse trying to follow Beth Mowins with French subtitles.

hahahahaha (no comment)

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The scariest thing about the Missouri game? That it's in Colombia....Home of Poop Swastikas, SJWs, and screaming professors participating in student uprisings.