Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

American politics in 2018....Never miss an opportunity to be a complete dick.

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

Stay confused or figure it out.

It has nothing to do with it, does it?

I'm done with this.

Good, because you really weren’t making any sense.

You're either ill informed or intellectually dishonest, either way, it's not my concern.

Well, I started commenting in here asking, what does raking have to do with politics? So I was trying to become informed. But apparently to some folk (usually I use an ‘s’ in the end of that word, but it’s not appropriate here) trying to become informed is behavior to be mocked and down-voted.

I don't trust your motives or objectivity in the least bit on this subject, I won't be dragged down a rabbit hole.

Will you cut it out with the paranoid/schizophrenic shtick and just spit it out what it is that makes you think raking has to do with politics?

I THINK this is something about how Trump said the forests out there need better maintenance on the ground or something to better clear out the small dry brush so fires don't spread as quick. I duno, It was something to that effect. But you know how the massive leftist hate propaganda media machine is. They will take anything and run with it to spread the agenda "Orange Man BAD".

@levander said:
    You know, just when you start to like WC... then he turns on you!

Looks like I’ve got another DV stalker.

Where is YaleDog? Why isn’t he DV’ing me in this thread too?

LOL, Yale started doing that to me. I really didn't get it

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Guess who made the comment bobby mentioned ? That post is what took the thread down this road.> @RxDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

I'm done with this.

You're either ill informed or intellectually dishonest, either way, it's not my concern.

Well, I started commenting in here asking, what does raking have to do with politics? So I was trying to become informed. But apparently to some folk (usually I use an ‘s’ in the end of that word, but it’s not appropriate here) trying to become informed is behavior to be mocked and down-voted.

I don't trust your motives or objectivity in the least bit on this subject, I won't be dragged down a rabbit hole.

Will you cut it out with the paranoid/schizophrenic shtick and just spit it out what it is that makes you think raking has to do with politics?

I THINK this is something about how Trump said the forests out there need better maintenance on the ground or something to better clear out the small dry brush so fires don't spread as quick. I duno, It was something to that effect. But you know how the massive leftist hate propaganda media machine is. They will take anything and run with it to spread the agenda "Orange Man BAD".

Well...bye.

• HRDHRD Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:
    Pardon my ignorance and please know I mean no disrespect to the many who've died, but I'm having a hard time grasping how so many people have died through all this. How fast are these fires moving? Are they stubborn and refuse to evacuate? Does anyone have any firefighting experience that can shed some light?

If this has been addressed already, my bad. Saw that the thread got derailed and just skipped on down to the bottom.

Go Dawgs!

All I can tell you is that, apparently, in California leaf raking is a political issue in 2018. That's what I've taken from this discussion...

Shiit what isn't a political debate in 2018?

If you watch news you probably know Trump used the fires to criticize California policy.
    If you're intellectually honest you probably know he does that sort of thing all the time.

Not here to debate politics. This is my escape from politics.

I responded to your post.
    I don't know of but one person who politicized these fires.

Probably the dude who posted "American politics in 2018....Never miss an opportunity to be a complete dick."

24 post, most in the past 4 hours, guess his alt.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

seemingly, a lot.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This has been shiitposting for a while now. Nothing of substance is gonna come from this.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can talk to a forestry grad from UGA about it. We used to have a great Forestry school. We probably have some foresters on board. Controlled burns used to be the answer to reducing forest fire risk. Perhaps the forests out there are different, and maybe the environmentalists oppose it, despite the safety benefits.

24 post, most in the past 4 hours, guess his alt.> @PerroGrande said:

You can talk to a forestry grad from UGA about it. We used to have a great Forestry school. We probably have some foresters on board. Controlled burns used to be the answer to reducing forest fire risk. Perhaps the forests out there are different, and maybe the environmentalists oppose it, despite the safety benefits.

As the experts explained after orange man spouted ignorance, these are urban transition fires, you don't set fires near towns.

edited November 2018

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Guess who made the comment bobby mentioned ? That post is what took the thread down this road.> @RxDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

I'm done with this.

Well...bye.

You really have to stop drinking that koolaid they're selling man. It's not as bad as they want to make it. They're trying to manufacture crisis to you guys so you stay tuned in for money. But... do your thing.

@WCDawg said:
    24 post, most in the past 4 hours, guess his alt.

I'm Hell Raising Dawg from the old Dawg Rant. Been using this handle since '99 on the old AA board.

Never had an "alt".

I'm also Hotel Romeo Delta on the SEC Rant.

You sure do see a lot of ghosts. Are you psychotic?

If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart.
    If you're not a conservative by 40, you have no brain.

@PerroGrande said:

I actually figured it was just mass space. Cali is huge. That's a lot of dry woods to maintain.

edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:
    If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart.
    If you're not a conservative by 40, you have no brain.

I'm an Anarchist at 43. I have no soul and no fks to give...

edited November 2018

@WCDawg said:
    24 post, most in the past 4 hours, guess his alt.> @PerroGrande said:

As the experts explained after orange man spouted ignorance, these are urban transition fires, you don't set fires near towns.

You're losing it, man. Everybody is an alt, huh? The real problem is that you are a disrespectful, know-it-all, and you have offended about half of the people on this board in the past with your your rudeness. You lost me when you said you wanted Fields to transfer. I just can't understand why someone would want to see the guy who could possibly become the best QB in UGA history to leave. And then you turned that debate into an insult-fest, which is your MO here. I would take some time off from the DN Forum and try being respectful to other people, WC.

edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

I actually figured it was just mass space. Cali is huge. That's a lot of dry woods to maintain.

There's a good post, about time.
    Many things factor in to make California such a fire hazard. Everything from seasonal rains surrounded by very dry periods, Santa Anna winds that come during the driest periods, the mountainous terrain, the types of trees and undergrowth that are common, encroachment by towns, many many factors.

edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

I think the environmentalists don't like it, so it probably isn't popular in CA. And I haven't done much with forestry in a long time; it may not be considered best practice any longer. But, that used to be a specific selling point for doing it--it cleans out the kindling that helps the fires spread. CA is dry and it can be really windy, so it is possible that firebreaks and controlled burns don't do much.

edited November 2018

@PerroGrande said:

@RxDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

I think the environmentalists don't like it, so it probably isn't popular in CA. And I haven't done much with forestry in a long time; it may not be considered best practice any longer. But, that used to be a specific selling point for doing it--it cleans out the kindling that helps the fires spread. CA is dry and it can be really windy, so it is possible that firebreaks and controlled burns don't do much.

NM.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

There's a good post, about time.
    Many things factor in to make California such a fire hazard. Everything from seasonal rains surrounded by very dry periods, Santa Anna winds that come during the driest periods, the mountainous terrain, the types of trees and undergrowth that are common, encroachment by towns, many many factors.

Cali is in the midst of a 5 year drought - the main culprit from what the forest service guy said today on the radio

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RxDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

That is just uneducated nonsense.

Good ole WC...insult first, ask questions later.
    http://www.gfc.state.ga.us/forest-management/prescribed-fire/