Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is the verdict of the OSU investigation?

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@BoulderDawg said:
    I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

i suspect you are corr ct , but that’s not the way that they worded it in this article at all. Did you read the same one that I did? Ive never hear of them before, so it may not be true though. Still, news often gets broken from somewhere before it becomes official. I agree that if it were the case, it would likely be reported on other sites by now though.

Sources out of Columbus, Ohio tell Par The Course that after a 14 day investigation, Ohio State is firing head coach Urban Meyer after concluding a “thorough, in-depth investigation”.

That would be mildly shocking. And I agree with @bmauldin that some team, like UF, would sell its soul to get Meyer.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

@bmauldin said:
    Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

That would be some interesting controversy

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My guess is 4 game suspension to be back for penn state game

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

Maybe he could come back as Mullen's OC. Would that be irony?

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

Maybe he could come back as Mullen's OC. Would that be irony?

Or a slightly different twist:

Ousted HCs tend to do a stint at Alabama as penance before going back out into the world...

See: Kiffin, Sarkesian, etc.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Trust me he will never go back to Florida. If he still wanted to be there he would be.

Instead he will likely go to Notre Dame or to the pros.

All this will be moot bc he’s gonna keep his job

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OSU will find that he was within policy and suspension will be time already served. He's back on the field for game 1.

edited August 2018

@Kasey said:
    Trust me he will never go back to Florida. If he still wanted to be there he would be.

Geez, do you really think ND would hire him now? I don't see that happening.

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

Geez, do really think ND could hire him now? I don't see that happening.

Winning covers a multitude of sins. Probably happening at Ohio as we speak

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018
    Fire Urban Liar

If he were fired under these conditions I don't think another top program could touch him. ND fired George O'Leary for basically lying on his resume. I can't imagine how they would justify hiring Meyer.

@PTDawg said:
    If he were fired under these conditions I don't think another top program could touch him. ND fired George O'Leary for basically lying on his resume. I can't imagine how they would justify hiring Meyer.

George O’Leary doesn’t have the same amount of wins that urban liar has

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

@Kasey said:

@PTDawg said:

A program like Louisville's will offer him a job at some point. The upside is too good for borderline programs to ignore. I think it will be a couple of years before he's offered though.

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@PTDawg said:

A program like Louisville's will offer him a job at some point. The upside is too good for borderline programs to ignore. I think it will be a couple of years before he's offered though.

He might last a while at L'ville. They seem pretty slow to pull the trigger and seemingly have no problems hiring a coach with "baggage".

Fire Urban Liar

@Kasey said:

@PTDawg said:

He also wouldn't have even close to the amount of baggage that Meyer would, particularly in today's cultural climate. O'Leary's issues could have been explained away as some sort of clerical or logistical error had ND chosen to go that route. The fact that they didn't tells me that they wouldn't touch Meyer.

edited August 2018
    Fire Urban Liar

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@PTDawg said:

They might historically but look at what they're being drug through with Pitino right now. They've also been attached to some of the drama going on with Papa John's by association. I have to believe the next major hire that athletic dept makes will have to be squeaky clean.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I don't think Meyer's pride would allow him to coach at a team like Louisville. He will want to coach a team with strong recruiting and playoff potential.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Suspension...which really won't be one, because he will still be running the show from afar.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@bmauldin said:

Nah. Notre Dame, after they fire Kelly for another lack-luster season in South Bend. Meyer has always had it written in his contracts that if Notre Dame called, he was free to go without penalty. ND is his 'dream job.'

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

I know it's not a popular thing to say, but OSU as a state institution, does have integrity. There is simply no way they can keep Meyer. The school is bigger than the football program. There is less risk in finding a new coach than in retaining a severely damaged one like Meyer. Meyer will probably go to the NFL where that kind of thing really doesn't matter.