Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is the scariest thing about the Missouri Game .

Comments

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ghostofuga1 said:
    The fact that I won't crack my first beer until way after halftime. These noon games take their toll if I start at kickoff and I usually like to see all of the 3:30 games......until the end..... Dang scary to me....

I'm seriously considering an all-nighter to watch this one at the only 24-hour bar in my town (Brisbane, Australia). Game starts at 2 am local time, Sunday morning.
    So the scary part will be sitting at the bar with Irish expats watching boxing and getting roudy, while I fork over $9-$12 / beer.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@DobroMattInOz said:

@ghostofuga1 said:
    The fact that I won't crack my first beer until way after halftime. These noon games take their toll if I start at kickoff and I usually like to see all of the 3:30 games......until the end..... Dang scary to me....

I'm seriously considering an all-nighter to watch this one at the only 24-hour bar in my town (Brisbane, Australia). Game starts at 2 am local time, Sunday morning.
    So the scary part will be sitting at the bar with Irish expats watching boxing and getting roudy, while I fork over $9-$12 / beer.

you might develop a Dawg Pound type situation there with some of your mates. share some beers and play a few tunes on your resophonic...priceless.

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    How many people will start saying Vandy has a shot to beat us after we destroy Mizzou.

"well they beat us at home in 2016...they've been playing better...they might have a shot against us..."

Or they almost upset the Irish.

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

you might develop a Dawg Pound type situation there with some of your mates. share some beers and play a few tunes on your resophonic...priceless.

I know they exist, I just haven't managed to befriend them yet.
    Beers, Dobro, and football. All I need now is some fig preserve and I'll be right.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scariest thing is having to listen to these negative posters saying the Dawgs are going to get torched in the secondary the rest of the week because Dawgs don't have enough sacks, pressures, etc....

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    How eerily similar this Missouri team seems to b to the Chad Kelly led team that thrashed and outclassed Georgia a couple years back. Kirby will remember those.

That Rebs team had a strong defense. This Mizzou team does not. I really like Lock, but if we get 200 on the ground, it’s a wrap.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@DobroMattInOz said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Dang, @DobroMattInOz - That's more than the beers here in Paris...or right around the same amount. It always depends on the start time in the States as to whether or not I can find the game at a bar, but I don't particularly like having to go to one to see the game.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah it would be a pain in the arse trying to follow Beth Mowins with French subtitles.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:
    Yeah it would be a pain in the arse trying to follow Beth Mowins with French subtitles.

hahahahaha (no comment)

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The scariest thing about the Missouri game? That it's in Colombia....Home of Poop Swastikas, SJWs, and screaming professors participating in student uprisings.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgy_Fresh said:
    Or they almost upset the Irish.

Who seem to be in the midst of another overrated season because they beat a similarly overrated Michigan team.

• stubbornthingstubbornthing Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

@cfc136 said:
    The scariest thing about the missouri game in my opinion is if the tigers can get a running game going .What is your take ?

That we're not playing a better team.

Missuori gave up 600 yards to a backup QB on winless team. This game won't be close.

• Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only thing that scares me is the way they are approaching game. Seem to be business minded and not running their mouths. I do think they will be focused, but extremely outmatched at every position.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DobroMattInOz said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

You gotta spread the gospel of Kirby and convert em

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will Drew Lock exploit Tyson Campbell?