Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

PB&J

Comments

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apply PB to one slice, wipe knife clean with paper towel, apply jelly to other slice.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty simple formula. Although I’d prefer JIF.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@benjaminwgregg said:
    Y'all ain't even talked about the real game changer.
    Toast the bread before you spread

Yes

Nope. Won’t ever do that.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I should start off with, I use spoons as in 1 for the PB and 1 for the J, I find that it’s easier to spread everything around and to scoop.

I use 2 pieces of bread and put PB on both sides and then spread jelly over 1 side and stick them together. My dad told me back in elementary school that you do it this way so that when you get to lunch time your bread isn’t soggy from the jelly soaking into it.

Lastly, the only PB is JIF. Because choosy moms choose JIF and I was a picky SOB growing up.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter. They do some different flavors that are delicious

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Always agree with SWMBO on everything like this.

Let her save up a million wins and you'll be granted the big ones.

Who cares about silly stuff like this? It's not even football. Answer: We all do, but it's not worth it. Football is.

Her kitchen. Her rules. (Even if you do most of the cooking)

Go, Dawgs!

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:
    PB minus the J is the winner :*

Or just add bananas

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Apply PB to one slice, wipe knife clean with paper towel, apply jelly to other slice.

Not in this house. You gotta lick that pb off da knife

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You put peanut butter on both pieces of bread. Spread all the way to the edge. Then put some jelly on with s spoon. Spread with same knife that used for peanut butter. I’m a Jif man myself.
    Also have any of y’all tried peanut butter beer while we are on the subject of PB.

• finesse92finesse92 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

Separate slices and no, I don't mind not cleaning the knife in between. This thread did randomly remind of how much I used to love Mayhaw jelly as a kid though and now I'm definitely having a midnight craving a pb& mayhaw jelly sandwich. Best jelly i've ever had by far. My aunt used to make it from scratch and give me hella jars for the holiday season/birthdays/etc. Anybody ever had mayhaw jelly before and/or know where the hookup for it at a decent price is? That **** usually don't come cheap unfortunately lol

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I dunno wife makes em and I just eat em

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I apply peanut butter first then jelly on top on one piece of bread. Put other piece on top and press together a little. I don’t rinse the knife between.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Power is out, may be having one for breakfast, lunch,..... .

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like my pb and j seperate slices. Rinsed knife. Sometimes i mix up some pb and some j on a plate and est it by its self, never met anyone who does this but its delicious.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    Power is out, may be having one for breakfast, lunch,..... .

Yes the timing was perfect, as PB & J is a hurricane survivalist staple food. You can survive for a week with nothing but bread, PBJ, and water. Now, in light of the situation with Michael I’m going to share a secret I normally wouldn’t divulge: the PB & J triple decker. This one is a man’s sandwich only. Follow my directions above for making a PB & J, but you take one more piece of bread and put PB on one side. Then take the finished sandwich and put jelly on the top of it on the outside of one side. Then put them together and you have the triple decker. You can do that if you are trying to lose weight after the storm—less bread. The reason it is so good is that your PB & J to bread ratio is higher on this one...very tasty. And GLTA without power due to Michael.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:

@mattmd2 said:
    Two words to save your marriage: squeeze jelly

Yes! PB on left slice with butter knife, then squeeze jelly on right slice and spread with same knife, no need to rinse.

PB - left side; J - right side. .......

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    About to file for a divorce over this debate... First, pb&j on separate slices of bread or jammed all together on a single side? I prefer separate sides for the peanut butter and jelly. What hairchested man ooor woman does single side?

Second, do you clean the knife in between spreading peanut butter before moving onto jelly spreading? I sort of understand this side which is clean the knife, but I’m the only one using these products. I could care less if there is peanut butter in the jelly jar.

Apparently, it’s the same difference. Look forward to the insight and prove me wrong.

Each side, I wipe the knife off on the jelly side, before putting the jelly on. Putting both on the same side is divorce worthy.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People! You gotta put soft butter on the fresh white bread before anything.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    About to file for a divorce over this debate... First, pb&j on separate slices of bread or jammed all together on a single side? I prefer separate sides for the peanut butter and jelly. What hairchested man ooor woman does single side?

Second, do you clean the knife in between spreading peanut butter before moving onto jelly spreading? I sort of understand this side which is clean the knife, but I’m the only one using these products. I could care less if there is peanut butter in the jelly jar.

Apparently, it’s the same difference. Look forward to the insight and prove me wrong.

PB and J on the same side of the bread for me; use separate utensils for each product.