Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What if I've been wrong about Meyer ?...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited November 2018 in General

Some times it's hard to open up to other possibilities when I've held certain opinions as fact.
After reading about Aaron Hernandez's advanced CTE and his hidden gay life style which may have led to a perceived threat of being exposed by the man he murdered my little internal voice has slowly been working on my conscious. The news that Meyer might also suffer from brain abnormalities set the little voice into even more action. What if Meyer knew about Hernandez's sexuality and mental struggles and he genuinely wanted to help him ? What if he wrong headedly, perhaps because of his own hidden struggles, sympathized with an assistant who had impulse control issues ?

In the interest of communicating, I suspect if my brain is ever put under a microscope, CTE or something like it will be found. I don't know the answers, but I'm now open to the questions.

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to know or understand what goes on in someones personal life. From an outside perspective Meyer does not seem like the person who "genuinely wants to help people." ... but that comment comes from my own glass house. Those who know him may say he is a great person and blah blah blah. At the end of the day we all have to live with our own personal decisions while some peoples personal decisions are on more of a public display.

I follow your thought process, but have no idea if it is true or not

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Hard to know or understand what goes on in someones personal life. From an outside perspective Meyer does not seem like the person who "genuinely wants to help people." ... but that comment comes from my own glass house. Those who know him may say he is a great person and blah blah blah. At the end of the day we all have to live with our own personal decisions while some peoples personal decisions are on more of a public display.

I follow your thought process, but have no idea if it is true or not

He has been very wrong headed, that's for sure. But has it come from empathy, self interest or a combination of places ?

Does the catholic lad suffer from illness related to brain abnormalities himself ? if so, does that perspective help explain a sympathetic empathy for these people ? All I know is the little voice has opened a door that I'll have to peek through, the little bastard can be a pain.

edited November 2018

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:
    This thread done gave me the CTE...

Are you sure it's not just the beans and meth ? They are an explosive combination in some people.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:

Are you sure it's not just the beans and meth ? They are an explosive combination in some people.

FRANKS AND BEANS!!!!!

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

Watch the you tube video on the culture Meyer created at Florida before left, there’s some pretty sick stuff.

For example he berated one kid endlessly in the weight room until the kids thigh muscles blew out or something. Meyer is not a good guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjMbg

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:

FRANKS AND BEANS!!!!!

Just don't touch the guy's ears, he's killed for less.

@Midnite_Train said:
    Watch the you tube video on the culture Meyer created at Florida before left, there’s some pretty sick stuff.

For example he berated one kid endlessly in the weight room until the kids thigh muscles blew out or something. Meyer is not a good guy

I know he's sick, but is he SICK or just a sick bastard ?

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Some times it's hard to open up to other possibilities when I've held certain opinions as fact.

LOL @ sometimes.

But I guess this is WC making at least some kind of effort...

Good for you, WC.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@WCDawg wrong about something? H e l l has indeed frozen over

• dawgferlyfesauntdawgferlyfesaunt Posts: 5 ✭✭ Sophomore

@WCDawg said:

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:

That was funny right there!

(I hate beans though)

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Interesting take. I’d be more inclined to agree if urban didn’t have an extensive history of being a P(ile)OS

There’s a great podcast series out now about Aaron Hernandez where Urban appears...he does not come off well

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perish the thought.

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgferlyfesaunt said:

That was funny right there!

(I hate beans though)

I love beans, but they don't love me, unless a loud fart translates to 'I love you' in bean speak.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    After reading about Aaron Hernandez's advanced CTE and his hidden gay life style which may have led to a perceived threat of being exposed by the man he murdered my little internal voice has slowly been working on my conscious. The news that Meyer might also suffer from brain abnormalities set the little voice into even more action. What if Meyer knew about Hernandez's sexuality and mental struggles and he genuinely wanted to help him ? What if he wrong headedly, perhaps because of his own hidden struggles, sympathized with an assistant who had impulse control issues ?

In the interest of communicating, I suspect if my brain is ever put under a microscope, CTE or something like it will be found. I don't know the answers, but I'm now open to the questions.

Urban Liar is the poster boy for narcissism. He could give a rat’s rear end about his coaches, players, fans, etc. He only cares about UL. I hope we play OSU in the playoffs and beat them worse (33-0) than Clemson did a few years ago. That said, I wouldn’t mind if Nebraska upset them today.

• dawgindawgin Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2018

Meyers is a scumbag and hope the imaginary brain cyst causes untold harm to him. Anyone remember the scumbag pulling timeouts few seconds left in the Georgia game after the blowout? I really do hope he dies and his family suffers. This gator scumbag did negative recruiting like no other. Let’s not even discuss his history of abuse and sick culture he created at UF.

• dawgindawgin Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

@WCDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

I know he's sick, but is he SICK or just a sick bastard ?

He's a sick bastard. He's getting what he deserves.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgin said:
    Meyers is a scumbag and hope the imaginary brain cyst causes untold harm to him. Anyone remember the scumbag pulling timeouts few seconds left in the Georgia game after the blowout? I really do hope he dies and his family suffers. This gator scumbag did negative recruiting like no other. Let’s not even discuss his history of abuse and sick culture he created at UF.

Woah woah woah dawgin bro. Death and harm to his family over a timeout... seems extreme

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@JRT812 said:

@dawgin said:

Woah woah woah dawgin bro. Death and harm to his family over a timeout... seems extreme

I concur. Way over the top. I'm fine with him losing to Michigan and not making it to the FCP. The rest, not so much.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brain abnormalities or not, the victims left in his wake should not be forgotten.