Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What if I've been wrong about Meyer ?...

2»

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:
    Watch the you tube video on the culture Meyer created at Florida before left, there’s some pretty sick stuff.

For example he berated one kid endlessly in the weight room until the kids thigh muscles blew out or something. Meyer is not a good guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjMbg

I know he's sick, but is he SICK or just a sick bastard ?

Holy smokes... could you imagine if there was a video out there like this about Kirby? Or Richt when he was coaching? And just having that kind of guy running your program... That'd be a hard pill to swallow even with the W's.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:
    Watch the you tube video on the culture Meyer created at Florida before left, there’s some pretty sick stuff.

For example he berated one kid endlessly in the weight room until the kids thigh muscles blew out or something. Meyer is not a good guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjMbg

I know he's sick, but is he SICK or just a sick bastard ?

Holy smokes... could you imagine if there was a video out there like this about Kirby? Or Richt when he was coaching? And just having that kind of guy running your program... That'd be a hard pill to swallow even with the W's.

I'm blessed and cursed with having a compulsion to speak my mind. I have no doubt I'd piss off a lot of rose colored glasses type UGA fans if we had that in our program.

edited November 2018

@GrayDawg said:
    Brain abnormalities or not, the victims left in his wake should not be forgotten.

I get that, it does matter to me whether a person is mentally ill or has organic issues though.

The University Of Texas Tower shooter Charles Whitman in 1966 was a Marine vet sharpshooter who had been a model citizen till he became erratic in the 2 years leading up to then . He climbed to the top of the school clock tower after murdering his wife, his mother and his dog the night before, then he murdered 16 strangers and wounded 31 more with a rifle.

He left a note asking that his brain be examined after his death. A large tumor was found pressing on his brain during the autopsy. I don't think it was a coincidence.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:
    Brain abnormalities or not, the victims left in his wake should not be forgotten.

I get that, it does matter to me whether a person is mentally ill or has organic issues though.

The University Of Texas Tower shooter Charles Whitman in 1966 was a Marine vet sharpshooter who had been a model citizen till he became erratic in the 2 years leading up to then . He climbed to the top of the school clock tower after murdering his wife, his mother and his dog the night before, then he murdered 16 strangers and wounded 31 more with a rifle.

He left a note asking that his brain be examined after his death. A large tumor was found pressing on his brain during the autopsy. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Maybe not, but almost every other way possible to bring attention to your brain's abnormalities would've been better. If he was cognizant enough to write the letter why was he not cognizant enough to seek help before murdering innocent people? You feel sorry for him, I'll feel sorry for the actual victims.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@GrayDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:

Maybe not, but almost every other way possible to bring attention to your brain's abnormalities would've been better. _ If he was cognizant enough to write the letter why was he not cognizant enough to seek help before murdering innocent people? _ You feel sorry for him, I'll feel sorry for the actual victims.

Or stick the gun in his mouth and pull the trigger prior to killing others.....

@GrayDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:

Maybe not, but almost every other way possible to bring attention to your brain's abnormalities would've been better. If he was cognizant enough to write the letter why was he not cognizant enough to seek help before murdering innocent people? You feel sorry for him, I'll feel sorry for the actual victims.

He didn't commit the shootings to bring attention to his condition, at least not in a way you're likely thinking. The violent compulsions were not driven by a desire for fame or as a tool to make a point about mental health. The tumor caused rage, he just recognized there was something in his brain causing his condition.
    No doubt anything, even suicide would have been a better outcome, but obviously insanity, regardless of the cause, doesn't always lead to sane choices.

@ghostofuga1 said:

@GrayDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:

Maybe not, but almost every other way possible to bring attention to your brain's abnormalities would've been better. _ If he was cognizant enough to write the letter why was he not cognizant enough to seek help before murdering innocent people? _ You feel sorry for him, I'll feel sorry for the actual victims.

Or stick the gun in his mouth and pull the trigger prior to killing others.....

Well....da.
    Where does this mass cultural swagger get us ? We have this old west mentality that values macho over clinical solutions. Violence begets violence. As long as we see guns as the solution, guns will be the problem.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@GrayDawg said:

He didn't commit the shootings to bring attention to his condition, at least not in a way you're likely thinking. The violent compulsions were not driven by a desire for fame or as a tool to make a point about mental health. The tumor caused rage, he just recognized there was something in his brain causing his condition.
    No doubt anything, even suicide would have been a better outcome, but obviously insanity, regardless of the cause, doesn't always lead to sane choices.

Clearly.