Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Zion Williamson

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Atl, Chi, Cle, Phx, and NY all losing to get Zion.

We can always get a center, or SF at 20, or wherever Dallas ends up.

Comments

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sacre Bleu!

Id love to see him and Collins on the court together.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Sacre Bleu!

Id love to see him and Collins on the court together.

Collins was a # 19 pick I think. Good player. Need a few more solid guys like him.

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They MAY need someone like RJ Barrett e help take some ball handling responsiblity from Trae. If we had Luka, then yeah take Zion because he look to set Zion up first.

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    They MAY need someone like RJ Barrett e help take some ball handling responsiblity from Trae. If we had Luka, then yeah take Zion because he look to set Zion up first.

I agree, adding the perimeter length and scoring ability in RJ will allow more of a steph and klay style of back court. Besides Zion is good, but he will take a while to get his offensive game where we can rely on him to give us 16pts-20 a night

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

I agree, adding the perimeter length and scoring ability in RJ will allow more of a steph and klay style of back court. Besides Zion is good, but he will take a while to get his offensive game where we can rely on him to give us 16pts-20 a night

I don't care who is available. Zion Wiliamson is the nost exciting dunker since Dominique Wilkins. I cant stand to watch basketball. Bring him in and I will watch just to see if he can rip the rim off.

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

I don't care who is available. Zion Wiliamson is the nost exciting dunker since Dominique Wilkins. I cant stand to watch basketball. Bring him in and I will watch just to see if he can rip the rim off.

Yeah your right BUT basketball doesn't work like that. The Hawks would have to be able to play defense and make stops to get those fast break points and exciting dunks.

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

Yeah your right BUT basketball doesn't work like that. The Hawks would have to be able to play defense and make stops to get those fast break points and exciting dunks.

The Hawks organization has to do something to get people like me interested in their organization again. I am THE demographic that has abandoned them - 40-60 year old caucasian with disposable income. I would rather go see a play at the Fox theater than go to Phillips or whatever it is called now....and I dont like going to plays, at all.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would welcome him with open arms

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

I'd take Barrett over Williamson right now, it's close and could flip though. Barrett is a bit more of a modern, high basketball IQ both ends of the court player. Williams is an absolute athletic freak though. It's amazing to think how he'll play when the NBA trims him down to 245lb or so.

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

The dunk means far less than it used to. The NBA is a perimeter shooting motion offense league dominated by shooters, passers and defenders who can guard the whole court.

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

It's interesting that the game you enjoy was once derided by old timers. Today's game is a lot closer to the early days of the game where passing, spacing, shooting and driving were what mattered on offense.

@Bankwalker said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

The Hawks organization has to do something to get people like me interested in their organization again. I am THE demographic that has abandoned them - 40-60 year old caucasian with disposable income. I would rather go see a play at the Fox theater than go to Phillips or whatever it is called now....and I dont like going to plays, at all.

Lol. I THINK they going to take the patient route. Building up through the draft and not necessarily worried about attendance. But I don't live in Atlanta anymore so I'm not quite sure

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

Lol. I THINK they going to take the patient route. Building up through the draft and not necessarily worried about attendance. But I don't live in Atlanta anymore so I'm not quite sure

Agreed, this GM was a prime architect of the GS roster, he won't go for splash. Whether he gets it right or not, who knows, but his approach will be to build a roster through the draft that can play 5 man motion offense, and HOPEFULLY defend will.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

The dunk means far less than it used to. The NBA is a perimeter shooting motion offense league dominated by shooters, passers and defenders who can guard the whole court.

I'd go along with passers and shooters. Defenders? Hmmm.

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

I'd go along with passers and shooters. Defenders? Hmmm.

Absolutely.

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

The dunk means far less than it used to.

Wait. You don't still get 2 points for a dunk?

It's the entertainment value. Much more exciting than a shot from the top of the key.

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

It's the entertainment value. Much more exciting than a shot from the top of the key.

Most fans seem to have lost interest in the dunk. As far as value. Players are hitting a high percentage of 3 pt shots now, they also force defenses to space wide and far from the basket. It's a perimeter centric league, not a low post league now.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

It's interesting that the game you enjoy was once derided by old timers. Today's game is a lot closer to the early days of the game where passing, spacing, shooting and driving were what mattered on offense.

Heck yeah he can jump out the gym but he knows shooting is a must in the NBA.
    Plus I think LBJ is great but travels 50% of the time when driving the lane.

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

Most fans seem to have lost interest in the dunk. As far as value. Players are hitting a high percentage of 3 pt shots now, they also force defenses to space wide and far from the basket. It's a perimeter centric league, not a low post league now.

Watch his videos. The people in the stands dont seem uninterested, wishing he would pull up for a jumper.

Saying fans have lost interest in the dunk is like saying baseball fans don't care about a homerun and soccer fans get bored when a game goes to penalty kicks.