Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Apple has lost 35% of it's market value since Oct 2nd....

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hold on folks, this is getting serious. I'm too old for a slow climb back.

Comments

• CFPTitle_DawgCFPTitle_Dawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Time to buy more? I have taken the hit since buying earlier this year but could go for more.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CFPTitle_Dawg said:
    Time to buy more? I have taken the hit since buying earlier this year but could go for more.

I wouldn't touch a stock till there is some indication the bottom is close.
    Alan Greenspan of all people thinks we're in for a really deep downturn.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be greedy when others are fearful

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@CFPTitle_Dawg said:

Another deep recession would be good for my wife’s bar business. The coming recession has been predicted by some economists since before the the last presidential election and is actually about a year late.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If it weakens some of these tech companies that have gotten a little too monopoly-ish it won’t be all bad

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@CFPTitle_Dawg said:

Another deep recession would be good for my wife’s bar business. The coming recession has been predicted by some economists since before the the last presidential election and is actually about a year late.

In other words, it's not Trump's fault ?
    Greenspan and many others think Trump's trade policies are starting to show up in markets.

@Kasey said:
    If it weakens some of these tech companies that have gotten a little too monopoly-ish it won’t be all bad

I'm not sure if Apple and Samsung being dominant have any real negative affects on American consumers, that might be over my head.

• a_rattlera_rattler Posts: 337 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

Everyone knew that iPhone sales would slow down as they went from being cultural phenomenons to regular products. Apple staved this off first by introducing larger screens then by boosting Chinese sales to compensate for falling US sales but they finally ran out of tricks. Their attempts to turn India into another China for them failed for regulatory reasons as India's government did not want too much competition for their own domestic smartphone industry, and there are no other big markets for them to expand to.

The iPhone had a great run ... the longest in history for a product that expensive at that volume and scale. But it is finally over. Apple knew this was coming in advance and it is the reason why they have been pivoting to being a services company for some time. Even though they can make as money that way as before that doesn't excite the stockbrokers as much as selling 100 million iPhones a quarter used to.

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

Everyone knew that iPhone sales would slow down as they went from being cultural phenomenons to regular products. Apple staved this off first by introducing larger screens then by boosting Chinese sales to compensate for falling US sales but they finally ran out of tricks. Their attempts to turn India into another China for them failed for regulatory reasons as India's government did not want too much competition for their own domestic smartphone industry, and there are no other big markets for them to expand to.

The iPhone had a great run ... the longest in history for a product that expensive at that volume and scale. But it is finally over. Apple knew this was coming in advance and it is the reason why they have been pivoting to being a services company for some time. Even though they can make as money that way as before that doesn't excite the stockbrokers as much as selling 100 million iPhones a quarter used to.

Apple is just my example though, it's virtually the entire market, from tech to heavy industry to services. It's the stock market, not jobs, etc, those generally lag behind the market.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strong argument to be made Greenspan's economic policies in regard to holding inflation artificially low contributed to the last big one.

Trump's fault? Im just telling you what I was told a little after he took office by a guy who has been on MSNBC

@Bankwalker said:
    Strong argument to be made Greenspan's economic policies in regard to holding inflation artificially low contributed to the last big one.

Trump's fault? Im just telling you what I was told a little after he took office by a guy who has been on MSNBC

The last big one was in 2008,that was clearly caused by fraud on Wall Street and in London.
    The last tech bubble to burst was addressed by Greenspan 2 years before it manifested in his ''irrational exuberance'' statement.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@WCDawg said:

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

Apple is just my example though, it's virtually the entire market, from tech to heavy industry to services. It's the stock market, not jobs, etc, those generally lag behind the market.

You gotta know your audience by now. Most people here wont want to admit we're heading for another bad recession and they will definitely get mad for you pinning blame on trump. You're trying to get the forum riled up at this point.

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

I'm not sure if Apple and Samsung being dominant have any real negative affects on American consumers, that might be over my head.

I meant more like amazon Facebook and google

@Bankwalker said:

Sure, Obama's 8 year expansion is to blame.

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

You gotta know your audience by now. Most people here wont want to admit we're hearing for another bad recession and they will definitely get mad for you pinning blame on trump. You're trying to get the forum riled up at this point.

Orange manbaby is guiltless

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

word is out out updating your phone kills it....fan boys and haters are great to drive price....people who dump the product and dont make waves ...they just ignore it ...bad sign....it will still hold it just won't dominate....new norm will set itself

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

You gotta know your audience by now. Most people here wont want to admit we're heading for another bad recession and they will definitely get mad for you pinning blame on trump. You're trying to get the forum riled up at this point.

That wasn't my original intent, but when it seemed there was a subtle shift to Obama bad I was quick to react. No doubt I knew this was possible or even likely though. Also, I use the word ''though'' too often, I usually have to edit most out.

edited December 2018

@3rdshift said:
    word is out out updating your phone kills it....fan boys and haters are great to drive price....people who dump the product and dont make waves ...they just ignore it ...bad sign....it will still hold it just won't dominate....new norm will set itself

I did a factory restore on my Brother's older laptop and couldn't get Windows to download, they'd deleted the drivers used in Windows 7 and effectively killed his computer. This is planned obsolescence to use an old term.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

That wasn't my original intent, but when it seemed there was a subtle shift to Obama bad I was quick to react. No doubt I knew this was possible or even likely though. Also, I use the word ''though'' too often, I usually have to edit most out.

Yeah the Democrats are the root of all evil posts are predictable. It's best to stay away from online political interactions. Incredibly unproductive and turns into a giant pi ssing match

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@a_rattler said:

@WCDawg said:

Yeah the Democrats are the root of all evil posts are predictable. It's best to stay away from online political interactions. Incredibly unproductive and turns into a giant pi ssing match

It's almost like both sides should stop demonizing the other and maybe work together to fix things