Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

Love the McNair comparison in that article

He definitely has a cannon. Highlight film displays more playmaker than true quarterbacking. Hopefully senior film shows a bit more.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

Love the McNair comparison in that article

He definitely has a cannon. Highlight film displays more playmaker than true quarterbacking. Hopefully senior film shows a bit more.

For being on film, the ball does get from point A to point B in a short period of time.

• Options

@JeffSentell said:
    Criswell folks. That thing has had some legs to it.

Lots of things to like about that young gun.

Thanks Jeff- regarding QBs, some chatter on concerns about Ashford's productivity. Where do things stand now with Ashford and UGA?

• Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:
    So Darnell Wright definitely will not make an OV to UGA? Was there an article on that?

I was told he wasn’t going to visit. Not sure if an article has been released or not.

Tennessee bound

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rivals100 athlete Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby is a man of few words, but he can play multiple positions on the football field. The No. 38 prospect nationally in the class of 2020 is already approaching 35 offers, with some on the defensive side of the ball. But he knows he wants to play on the offensive side at the next level.

Georgia is happy to oblige, with Dell McGee and Kirby Smart recruiting the four-star athlete at the running back position.

“We have a really close relationship," Bigsby said of running back coach Dell McGee. "He talks to me and tells me things a lot. I've been up there two times. I was up there for the Georgia-Auburn game. It's good, just really nice.”

Having an elite offensive line is an incentive the Peach State' No. 5 overall junior is seeking.

“If you have a good offensive line, then I don’t get touched as much," Bigsby said. "So yeah, it is important.”

Having the big men up front is important, but are there any guys in particular the Callaway High standout would like to play with?

“I'd like to play with anyone who can help me get to the next level. I want to create my own legacy," Bigsby said. “I don’t have to play with big time players. I just want to play against other big time players. Make my own mark.”

Bigsby plans to visit schools he hasn't seen during the spring.

“I'm going to go up north and see how those schools are," Bigsby said. "I've already been to all the schools in the south.”

MORE: “I want to trim it down this month or next month. I'll commit probably before my senior season.”

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:
    Rivals100 athlete Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby is a man of few words, but he can play multiple positions on the football field. The No. 38 prospect nationally in the class of 2020 is already approaching 35 offers, with some on the defensive side of the ball. But he knows he wants to play on the offensive side at the next level.

Georgia is happy to oblige, with Dell McGee and Kirby Smart recruiting the four-star athlete at the running back position.

“We have a really close relationship," Bigsby said of running back coach Dell McGee. "He talks to me and tells me things a lot. I've been up there two times. I was up there for the Georgia-Auburn game. It's good, just really nice.”

Having an elite offensive line is an incentive the Peach State' No. 5 overall junior is seeking.

“If you have a good offensive line, then I don’t get touched as much," Bigsby said. "So yeah, it is important.”

Having the big men up front is important, but are there any guys in particular the Callaway High standout would like to play with?

“I'd like to play with anyone who can help me get to the next level. I want to create my own legacy," Bigsby said. “I don’t have to play with big time players. I just want to play against other big time players. Make my own mark.”

“I'm going to go up north and see how those schools are," Bigsby said. "I've already been to all the schools in the south.”

MORE: “I want to trim it down this month or next month. I'll commit probably before my senior season.”

Sounds like a kid who understands what’s up. He will not be between the hedges at RB unless there are 3-4 significant misses. He’ll do well at another SEC school.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Sounds like a kid who understands what’s up. He will not be between the hedges at RB unless there are 3-4 significant misses. He’ll do well at another SEC school.

Not sure about that assertion

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Not even with a good senior year?

• Options

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Not even with a good senior year?

Don’t see it. Even with a good senior year.

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

We’ll see, pretty confident here. Reminds me of guys like J. Humphries and J. Perry. Fan base higher on them than staff.

• Options
    Swamp_LizardSwamp_Lizard Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

i’ll take a thank you card if you’re offering.

also, what are these techniques you speak of? i haven’t met anyone yet that had the opportunity to observe UF practice, so i’m curious to hear.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

We’ll see, pretty confident here. Reminds me of guys like J. Humphries and J. Perry. Fan base higher on them than staff.

Dude it's way too early in his recruitment to be that confident in the staff's position.

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Dude it's way too early in his recruitment to be that confident in the staff's position.

OK. That sounds familiar too.

This discussion has been closed.