Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Current TV Shows

Comments

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

I like the Chicago trio as well, also like Manifest and Criminal Minds

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I've been avoiding all trailers. I usually hate trailers for these shows because I get all indignant like "I'M GONNA SEE IT SOON EVENTUALLY!!!" but I really just don't want to be spoiled. I'm already excited, I don't need anything to get me more excited

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jack Ryan

Longmire

Ozark

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

GOT... I was a bit late to this one as I tried to read the books but they were just too dark for reading for me, however... the TV show is fantastic. High hopes for wheel of time on Amazon.

The rookie

The good doctor

The magicians

Big bang theory/young sheldon

The orville

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Slow time of year....

MLB network

Golf channel

SuperX on Sat

NBA and college hoops

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm looking forward to binging on the 5th season of Bosch on Amazon Prime in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    edited March 2019

ftn49. People who fear being labeled ''nerd'' and won't watch The Big Bang Theory are missing a good show, especially the earlier seasons. The cast members look a bit preoccupied now, maybe thinking about how they'll spend their many millions. Every show eventually gets stale if it plays long enough.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m into

Blue Bloods

true detective was good this season

Strike back

binging Ray Donovan when I can

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't watch that much tv, very little

I like shark tank, black mirror, stranger things

netflix allows me to binge hard one week or two and then I am done with that show for a year, or whenever the next season drops

I watch nothing live except football. shark tank I'll DVR

outside of that I don't think there is another tv show that is on the air I watch

I am currently watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I have never seen before and just started season 6

• Options

tfk_fanboy. Amazon dumps entire new seasons of their original series at once. It's impossible NOT to binge watch them. I watched every episode of every season of Orphan Black over a 3 week period. I watched the entire opening season of Jack Ryan in 1 night.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

now that you mention amazon I remember there is a show on there I watched too. only one season but it is kind of like black mirror/twilight zone. Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams. worth checking out if you like that type of show

• Options
    edited March 2019

Electric Dreams was pretty good. The title was derived from Dick's Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep, which was made into the film Blade Runner if I'm not mistaken.

Dick was a bit of tragic figure. He struggled financially and with depression much of his life. He was barely in the ground when Blade Runner and other great books of his were made into successful movies.

FYI. Dick had a **** March 2nd 1982, he died 5 days later. On June 25th that year ( less than 4 months after he died) Blade Runner was released. It was the first in a line of very successful movies made from his books.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you like Amazon, Man In the High Castle is good. It’s a show that takes place as if Germany/Japan won WWII.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

60 days in

Walking dead lost me last year

Ozark

Apparently I need to watch Bosch

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Simpsons

Family Guy

The Voice

GOT

Last Man Standing

Then it's news, sports, netflix stuff.

• Options

Teddy, The Man In The High Castle is another PK Dick story.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Wow, **** is on the edit list. Ok, so Dick had an aneurism which led to paralysis and death.

• Options

Oh yeh, and I watch the Oriville. Although I'm a few episodes behind. The beginning of the this season was really subpar to me.

• Options

And Ray Donovan. Great show.