Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2019 MASTERS PICKS....WIN, PLACE, AND SHOW ....

Comments

• Options
    SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

1. Rory

2. Fleetwood

3. Tigger

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Fleetwood
    2. Rory
    3. Rose
  • Options
    Henley79Henley79 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

Spieth

McIlroy

Tiger

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Henley If Spieth wins it will be a huge story. He looked like a future all time great. It seems he simply might not have the makeup for it though.

• Options
    JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Eldrick

Tiger

Woods

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin Thomas

Snedeker

Spieth

I played in the qualifier for US Amateur Public Links with Snedeker the year he won it and he qualified for the Masters. I was the 3rd alternate, he beat me by 12 stokes over 2 rounds. Nothing quite like playing what was some good golf for me and getting beat by that much.

• Options
    Henley79Henley79 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

He may not, but always seem to play well at Augusta National., and wouldn't bet against him.

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

His meme has been good to the state of Georgia recently, so I expect the state to repay him with a title

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TNDawg71 said: I played in the qualifier for US Amateur Public Links with Snedeker the year he won it and he qualified for the Masters. I was the 3rd alternate, he beat me by 12 stokes over 2 rounds. Nothing quite like playing what was some good golf for me and getting beat by that much.

That,s awesome to be good enough to play in a qualifier. Puts you in top 1% of all golfers. Congratulations!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's played 5 Masters and has 4 top 10s, and finished top two 3 of those 5 tournaments as well... Of course I'm just guessing here.

• Options
    sanforddawgsanforddawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

Spieth was a truly great putter when he was dominant. That is one a part of the game that can come and go quickly. It happened to me more than once.

• Options

coria3. Speaking of betting. I was listening to a sports talk radio program while driving to Atlanta yesterday. A guy said to work for Golf Digest listed several players who he said were ''no less than even money to win The Masters''....WOW, somebody wasn't paying attention in math class.

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Teddy. My post wasn't about The Masters, it was about Spieth and his quick fall after winning 3 Majors at I believe an earlier age than all but a couple of players in history. Those other guys went on to be all time greats.

A quick check shows Tiger won 2 majors before his 24th birthday, Spieth won 3 majors before his 24th birthday. That is what we were looking at just 2 years ago. Jordan has been at best very spotty since. Tiger and Jack were competitive in most tournaments they entered during their primes, Spieth clearly does not have that makeup, at least not yet.

• Options
    edited April 2019

TND. If Vegas gave 4 people even odds of winning something where there is only ONE winner, the town would be bankrupt before long.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bubba

Kisner

Mitchell

A DGD trifecta.

• Options

FYI. Bubba is scheduled to tee off in about 10 minutes. Many of the top guys are set to begin their rounds over the next hour.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Corey Conners, last minute entry to the field thanks to his Valero Open win, shot a first round 2-under today. Hopefully he can hold it together tomorrow and make the cut. Great story in the making.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I know Kuchar is from Augusta, but after caddy-gate I just can't root for him any more. And he went to Tech