Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Lakers trade for Anthony Davis..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

New Orleans gets Ingram, Ball, Josh Hart, the 4th pick in next week's draft and 2 more 1st round picks.

I'd say it makes great sense for New Orleans given they won't attact top free agents and good for The Lakers because they can attract players to put around Davis.

Thoughts.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Thought those 5-1 championship odds this morning were a little fishy. Guess Vegas knew something

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vegas factored this in. I really like Brandon Ingram. He is still just 21 years old and at times he looks like a top 15 player. Lonzo Ball..don't care for his game or his baggage. Hart is a role player at most.

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Some other things to add:

1) other two 1st rounders likely won’t convey anytime soon due to swaps/protections. New Orleans will control the lakers draft picks for a long time. 

2) I think the #4 pick might be traded and the other two will likely be traded. David Griffin is the man in charge in New Orleans and he’s very smart and VERY aggressive. He knows they need to build a contender sooner rather than later, so I see them being aggressive sooner rather than later.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I wish they would move this team to Seattle

WC, what don’t you like about Lonzo’s Game?

Lonzo is a poor shooter and an inefficient distributor. He'll likely improve given his age but I'll be surprised if he's ever among the best PGs.

Also If New Orleans wants to move the 4th pick let's give them a call.

Maybe Williams and Lonzo will mesh, I'm sure it will be entertaining.

What does “inefficient distributor” mean?

and Ingram is exactly a good shooter either.

Lonzo’s a way better playmaker and already an elite defender.
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

what makes Ball an elite defender?

3rd among point guards in defensive real/plus minus his rookie season.6th overall in defensive efficiency among all players this past season. All advanced stats say he’s an elite defender and he’s already viewed amongst his peers as a very good defender

Mantis. Ball shot just over 40% last season, Ingram shot just under 50% Ball was truly atrocious shooting free throws, he made Shaq look good by comparison. As far as ball distribution, he makes spectacular passes but he doesn't set the offense up well in my opinion. That might be youth or not meshing with Lebron though, time will tell.

Ball IS NOT an elite defender. He does have great length for his position though and he moves well enough to develop his defense into something.

On the shooting: BI’s Efg% was .518%. Lonzo’s was .488%. Not a big difference. Lonzo is also a year behind development wise. Free throw shooting is a big concern, however. On the playmaking: that’s fair. Although I will say his assist rate given his usage rate is impressive, which is usually a good sign On the defense: You’re just plain wrong.

Mantis. Time will tell.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Witth the trade haul, Nola shoukd have enough collateral to move up to 2 or 3, or they could stand pat to build more depth over the next 2 years.   Great trade for NOLA.  

Bank. It makes sense for The Lakers too. They should be able to add good pieces via free agency. They are able to attract players The Hawks don't even get a look from.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think the Lakers r considering Kemba Walker as that 3rd star to pair with James and Davis. Man if Kwahi does go to the Clippers along with say Jimmy Butler and the Clippers would have the second best odds to win the Championship and the NBAs theme next season is gonna b about the battle for L.A. Starring old rivals LeBron James and Kwahi Leonard. 
    edited June 2019

MeR3htid. Kuzma is a heck of a player. Right now it looks like LJ, Davis, Kuzma and maybe Rondo being starters this coming season. Walker would take Rondo's job. That would leave Lebron, Davis and Walker as the core. It seems like an odd dynamic but the talent level is very high.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    The lakers have another max slot to fill. Look for it to be either kemba, Kyrie, or Butler. 

Kemba would leave a supermax on the table and Kyrie to Brooklyn seems like a done deal, we will see how it plays out