Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves win again tonight 5-3. The pen pitched 3.1 innings of 2 hit 0 runs relief. Where did these guys come from ? All of a sudden the pen is pitching like it's a team strength.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Play like this all year and we are World Series champs

That must be it CTDawg.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    5.5 games up with a run differential to indicate better things ahead.  
  • Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

What's the story with Wilson on the mound today? Are we giving him a shot to see what he looks like or are we using him for a breather due to the day game today before playing the Mets tomorrow?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Solid baseball last night. Hopefully improve even more second half of season. Have to play well vs the Dodgers.

I think Georgia Girl read somewhere that management was about ready to give Wilson a shot. She usually has pretty solid info.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Day game give him a shot. Let him pitch a team that will likely be a post season team. Give him a good test and taste of the big. Give the starters an extra day off as well 
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Doing well so far. 1 ball has been barreled up through 3

Braves seem to be seeing the ball well today and getting some solid hits. Hopefully we can go ahead and finish the cubs off. Thats a pretty big statement to go win the series on the road against these guys, Then on to New York, hopefully we carry this momentum there and take the series as well.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Well the 4th has **** so far and we aren’t out of it yet.  

Geez, that terrible...

Wilson doesn't have enough movement on his pitches to get away with missing his spot like he did in the 4th. I'd be happy if he becomes a solid #3.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I blame this crap on Tyler Flowers. Tyler has called the worst game I've ever seen in the majors. He's calling fastball after fastball in the same sequence every at-bat. Wilson did a great job of locating the pitches but at some point MLB pitchers are going to catch on and Tyler just kept calling exclusively fastballs. I hope Wilson learns from this and starts shaking off **** calls in the future. What the hell was Flowers doing?

Well time to get him out of there for the day. He didn't look to bad, just needs to continue to grow and develop. The kid was walking off the field like he failed, I'd imagine for anyone it would be very difficult not to put a lot of pressure on yourself to go out and be perfect. Overall not bad

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

too bad that ball was misplayed in CF and then a cheap GR double. Kid deserved better.

Come on, you know the Braves had a plan on how they wanted to manage this kid today. This was not Flowers decision.

Wilson's pitch wasn't close to the mitt on a lot of pitches in the 4th. The wild pitch is indicative of that.

This discussion has been closed.