Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Did anybody think there was even a tiny chance the political thread would end well ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a bit like somebody's definition of insanity. Repeat something over and over and expect a different outcome than the other 2000 times you did it.

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    My expectations were fully met. No better, no worse.
  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I used to have a guy I knew that wasn’t a very good person. He would do s.tupid things that usually resulted in him getting hurt. At times it was fun to sit back and watch the results....

this is kind of like that...
  • PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Free speech is bad - Free stuff is good.
    If there’s one thing I love more than anything else, it’s dealing in absolutes
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Sorry I missed it.  Doesn’t look like it broke any rules and  It also doesn’t look like there were any fights.   Did the mods decided to close another thread simply because they didn’t like the message???  Asking for a friend.  

Someone should explain to @yaledawg the reason the debt went down during Obama’a 2nd term iwas because of the Republican sequester.    Not happy about the spending during this administration either, but a budget to reduce spending has been introduced by Trump and announced as DOA by the Dems, who are happy to spend $5 billion this year alone taking care of the illegals being detained at the border, but won’t spend $5 billion on a wall to reduce illegal crossings FOREVER.  The wall would pay for itself in one year if it is just 10% effective.  The debt isn’t because of his tax cuts.  The treasury just broke the alltime record for receipts.   
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    @Bankwalker you have friends? 😉
  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Always, every time, No. Matter. What!
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Stay on topic, Kasey.   
    edited June 2019
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I'm all for free speech, not that it's truly free but it beats any alternative I know of. Still, if you go down that road in the political climate we have today it's going to get **** sooner or later, usually sooner.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My view is that while I possess reasoned and long held political beliefs, I compartmentalize my interests. Meaning that I come here primarily for football followed closely for grilling recipes and bourbon recommendations.

Reasonable people can agree to disagree so even if you're a commie, freedom-hating degenerate, we can still be friends. 😉

Raider. how is this a political thread ? No political point of view is being discussed.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    @tfk_fanboy I’m with you. Generally it’s not a discussion and generally no one changes their minds. 

Sometimes I do enjoy the arguing though in a schadenfreude sort of way
  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For some reason I can't edit my post above. I'll add I am on a cooking forum and the members have pretty much agreed no politics (the site has no mods) and it runs very well. A lot fewer issues and arguing

fanboy. I know I can't discuss politics anymore because somebody will always throw in a personal insult and anybody who has posted here for more than a few days knows how I get triggered easily. I don't think most things were better in the past, but it's true that you could usually discuss things without it turning into a pack of monkeys throwing crap at each other.