Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

When will UGA switch to Under Armor

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    If you like crocs that means you don’t give an eff what your shoes look like and care about comfort. Take the next step and buy yourself a pair of Birkenstock’s, wear them around your house or wherever you would flip flops(excluding water situations), and your feet will thank you. 

My my feelings on legalization aside, I’ve never dressed like a hippie but Birks are the exception because they are so comfortable and last for years. Just wash your feet occasionally and no one will accuse you of being at a Dead show. 😉

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg bro, I have a pair along with a few pairs of Clark’s. All of them look better and overall accepted in society, but the comfort and lightness isn’t close to the crocs. Do yourself a favor and get a pair. Tell nobody about it and just wear them in the closet like I do

• RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Some easily offended snowflakes on this thread here. Hrmm
  • DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely No shame in admitting that Ive been wearing Croc's for years and gone through many pairs. Lately I've ditched them for Telic flops. Even more comfort and, at least for me, more support.

https://telic.com/

• UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior
    @YaleDawg Get out of here with your facts and logic, can’t you see this is a FEELS thread? Nike bad!
  • NawfDawgNawfDawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019
    I didn’t want to chime in but the undertones are ridiculous. What do you say to the black veterans who are offended by the flag on the Nike shoe? “S.uck it up don’t be so sensitive”. Just think about it for a second and get out of your bubble. 
  • orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    All a ploy to get Nike and what’s his face some air time. No such thing as bad press. 
  • PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not made up. Ask any of the ladies who have ever attended one of the UGA Women's Football Clinics. When my wife and daughter came back with all sorts of good information, I was p i s s e d that I couldn't go! Plus they had a blast. Did offensive and defensive meetings and ran through some scrimmages. My wife was put at QB. Soon as they lined up, she screams "OMAHA"! Cracked up the entire coaching staff. Of course most of the other women didn't know what she was doing. My daughter made the best catch of the day and received a team signed Belk Bowl commemorative football (when Chubb ran for over 200 yards on Grantham's D). Was hoping she might give it to the old man but it hasn't happened.............YET!

Back to the subject, I don't come here with made up stuff or propaganda. I don't have an agenda. And just because someone doesn't agree with me or I don't agree with someone else, I don't take me ball and leave. You can take it or leave it.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PlayHurt I ain't buying what you are selling. No reason that a silver colored game pants - which Nike doesn't offer - would weigh appreciably more than any other color. But you get points for piling more on. So,

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is an explanation for the silver britches. Scroll down through the article to get to the reasoning.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/ugas-greg-mcgarity-talks-future-scheduling-shiny-silver-britches-and-more

• muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019
    Nevermind.....

I just think it’s funny when people get upset about things they hear and not look into themselves. 
  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this for real? 20 years in the Marines and I never met anyone who was offended by any version of the American flag. None. Zero. If you are offended by our flag, you are free to leave.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Ok I read up on why Nike shelved this...

Apparently (and I wasn’t aware of this) racist hate groups like the KKK use the colonial 13 star flag. Kap didn’t want to be associated with it and suggested Nike shelve the shoe. 

So they did. A bit reactionary, but I think we can all agree we don’t want to be associated with the KKK and Nazis right? If that isn’t common ground for all of us, then I don’t know what to say. 

Again...reactionary move by Nike. Kind of silly to kowtow to a (mostly) goof like Kap. But I understand more why they did it and why UGA is never switching from Nike. 

And as I said earlier, the knockoff jerseys everyone buys...Nike gets none of that so in a weird way you can still boycott them this way. Enjoy your Skechers 
  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    I get that @Kasey, but why are we ceding our nation’s symbols and history to a bunch of racist clowns? Our history, as with all nations, is a mix of good and bad, and our leaders, as with all nations, have leaders who are rarely all saint or all devil. The fact that we can look back on our history and shake our heads at some of their beliefs and lifestyle is evidence of the progress we all hope for. The white utopia these fools hope for is never coming. We need to take these symbols back from them, cherish the good they represent and celebrate progress away from the bad they remind us of. Never should we turn our backs on that story, lest we find ourselves living through it again.

This was an opportunity, albeit in a small way, to do just that. It’s unfortunate we didn’t take it.
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    @LowcountryDawg21 good post. If Kap were smarter (cops as pigs socks 🤔) he would’ve said something like that. 

Hes is a poor choice for figurehead