Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

General topic, what (if anything) have you learned this week ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited July 2019 in General

There are no boundaries other than the house rules posted at the top of the home page.

I'll break the ice.

A grown man should never wear cheap flip flops to a Home Depot..trust me on this one fellas, just don't. I saw a guy who looked to be maybe 50 years old walking into our local HD Wedesday when I was there buying paver stones. To say the least his gait caught my attention, it was odd, so very very odd. I looked down and the guy was scrunching is toes trying to keep those 1 dollar girls' shoes from falling off. It made him shuffle and waddle along in a manner that clearly would not make a wife or mother proud.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

As a man I try not to wear flip flops unless I’m at the beach or public shower

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I give a pass to beach wear, it's sort of inherently ridiculous, but acceptable.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cedartown has some very weird folks to say the least @WCDawg

I suspect that guy is a foreigner though..maybe from Rockmart.

edited July 2019

SniperDawg. Is there a flaw in your thinking ? If everybody used the express lane for passing only there would be a constant weaving back and forth since as you point out, there will always be drivers who don't comport with the flow. It seems to me this might lead to far more accidents, but I could be wrong.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned I have a 2 mm bone chip floating around inside my left ankle and it's affecting my flexibility and causing chronic swelling and bruising

• SniperdawgSniperdawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg If not passing someone you should be in the right hand lane. This prevents people from passing on the right which is more dangerous due to the blind spots of the person in the left hand lane. If you are in the left hand lane to pass fine, but when the right hand lane is free and leaves you unobstructed at your desired speed, then you should use the right hand lane. There is a reason why they post the signs that say keep right unless passing.

Here is an article explaining the dangers of coasting the left hand lane

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a30568/stay-right-except-to-pass/

edited July 2019

The reality in busy 3 to 5 lane traffic is very different than situations where there is plenty of room to pick and choose where you drive. With that said, I'm not getting off too far on this tangent and hijacking my own thread.

I've been involved in quite a few discussions on this subject and have yet to see anybody's mind changed, so no mas.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That I need to lay off the Jack Daniels before it cost me more than a hangover. 😎😎😎

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

I would go further, my pet peeve is the drivers that use the right lane as the fast lane. When I use the left lane to pass on a 3 lane HW it can be scary to get back in the middle (travel) lane due to speeding cars passing traffic on the right then playing chicken to get back out to the middle lane to pass a slow moving vehicle. There is a lane for overtaking and one for the undertakers.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned generating HIV particles for gene delivery is a pain in the ass

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned that electricity prices declined year on year but my bill increased 50% thanks to record heat and heat index.

edited July 2019

I congratulate Dawgnms on having an epiphany while reading ''a thread like this'' then posting about that epiphany on this thread.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All you guys bashing flip-flops wouldn’t fit in where I live. The only time I don’t wear flip-flops is to work and when it’s cold. Its pretty much the State Shoe of the Florida Panhandle.

By the way, don’t wear flip-flops to the library. Trust me on this one...

Denman185. You might have an icing problem in your HVAC unit. It isn't uncommon when the weather stays very hot for a long time. That causes your cooling to be very inefficient and it forces it to run constantly to keep the inside temperature at the level the thermostat is set on. I had that happen a couple of years back during the last ''hottest summer ever'' it cost me a small fortune. I would have it looked at by a pro.Thank you very gosh dang much global warming.

• HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I learned never to answer calls from numbers that have the same area code as me and the same first three digits (spoofing). It is always a credit card scam or an attempt to sell me solar panels.