Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

if you sit back and assess the whole TE thing they can really play together Iowa jus has two guys go rnd1 idk what formations they were in and what plays they ran. When you look at the way football is played now with those athletic type TEs either both can be on the field at the same time or one can come in for the other cuz TEs get tired to and when you think about that it can cause so many mismatches on the field. I would really like us see get Gilbert/ Washington/ Johnson. To me it feels like we’ll be able to get Gilbert and Washington. I honestly think Washington is a “silent” to us

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

to address the no1 class situation. NO we don’t need the no1 class, Clemson did it without having a no1 class even tho they have a “easier route.” Then on our side we went to the 15th game with out having a no1 class. Consistently being in the top 3 says everything

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a question which would everyone rather have? Justin Flowe the top rated ILB and number 3 overall recruit or Noah Sewell the number 2 ILB and number 23 overall recruit. I want Sewell much the same as last year I wanted Nakobe Dean over Owen Pappoe when Pappoe was ranked higher.

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really can’t go wrong with either. Sewell has a bigger ceiling. Flowe hits like a truck. When they both get their technique down, watch out.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BoroDawg I agree. If Flowe were to come to Georgia does anyone think he is going to beat out Nakobe Dean? I can see Dean and Sewell on the field at the same time more than I can see Flowe and Dean.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

@fibonaccisquared

You also have to consider the influencers in his life. My grand children live 7 hours away and get to see them maybe once a year (2 max) because it's a long weekend trip. All day there all day back means a 3 day trip to spend a day with them. There's no dropping them off at grandmas to go to the movies. I realize that it's not practical to be 2 hours away but but if you and your wife wants to go away for a long weekend you have to add 2-4 days to shuttle the kid/baby to someone you trust if you are 7 hours away. Help is only a day away is not very reassuring if you're venturing out on a scary journey (first born).

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am UGA and anti UF but to suggest that a recruit is making a life changing decision between the 2 is somewhat unrealistic. Great-good players will make it wherever they go albeit they may be marginally better off picking 1 versus the other. It may effect his first contract but the real big bucks come after proving themselves in the NFL. The 5* and top recruits have been shared among 3-4 teams the last few years but the drafted players are much more widely distributed. Yes I think he will better off opting for UGA over UF money-wise but it's not the difference between first round or UDFA. Money is not always the answer trust me.

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 100% about the need to reinforce the importance of blocking ability at the TE position in a run-heavy offense such as UGA's. I get it - few high schoolers under the age of 20 want to be Trey Burton when they play Madden, they want to be Gronk (!).

ESPN/national media LOVED Gronk, but what's probably lost on many non-Pats fans is that he was a monster in the running game. Any prospect who feels that a TE is only there as a big target is a huge flag for me.

• BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg I’m with you on our facilities and to the coaching staff’s track record, but Florida is hardly a second tier program. Williams would get a shot at the league out of UF assuming he has the skill set. Better question is what will he be able to do with the shot

• BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair enough. I think we all tend to assume that UGA is always the better choice, and while we are right that doesn’t mean our rivals are terrible choices.

Amen to the levels. With what we are spending in comparison I’d be very worried if we weren’t a cut above

This discussion has been closed.