Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Question: does it seem to anyone else that Ozzie Albies has a “long” motion when he throws to first. It seems like he almost winds up. I wonder if he could be quicker to get his throw off. I might be way off but thought I’d ask.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe so, but his defensive stats are elite this season. Fewest errors for a 2nd baseman, most putouts, most double plays. I'll take a closer look at his throwing motion tomorrow.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It can be long at times, but mostly when he has time it seems to me. He can get it out quick when he needs to. Elite defender at 2B.

• Options

He pivots extremely well as evidenced by The Braves high number of double plays.

• Options

Fried was great tonight in a 4-2 win. We're now up 8 full games on DC. The worst that can happen in this 4 game series now is we lose the next 3 and we're up 5 with 18 games left in the regular season.

Back to Max. He only had 1 base runner in 7 innings, 1 hit 0 walks. He looked in complete control setting down 19 in a row. We're beat some elite pitchers over this 15-2 run including Strasberg tonight.

Acuna hit his 37th HR, his first since Aug. 21st. Freddie re-took the MLB RBI lead with 115 and Acuna scored his 112th and 113th runs, he has a real shot at finishing 1st in runs scored.

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to mention Acuna had his 34th SB. I was unaware that Suzuki was only 3/45 throwing out SBA this season coming into this game. We swiped second 3 times tonight. If Suzuki plays in 4 of the 6 remaining games we have with the gNats, then Acuna could get 6 more SBs just against him.

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would you rather the Braves keep the 2 seed in the NL and have to face the Cards at home and the Dodgers on the road? Or would you rather overtake the Dodgers and have to play the gNats followed by the Dodgers? You obviously don't lose games on purpose ever, let alone this late in the season, but I feel much better about beating the Cardinals in a 5 game series than I do Washington. I would be perfectly fine if we do not catch the Dodgers.

• Options

He Fried was ace like. My wish/hope that Ronald would shake his slump was granted. Great game. The rainmaker earned his money too.

• Options

Ronald has a shot at the 40-40 club( 40 HRs and 40 SBs). It's only been done 4 times.

Jose Canseco

Barry Bonds

Alex Rodriquez

Afonzo Soriano

Nobody has done it twice.

• Options
    ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    KirbyForPresidentKirbyForPresident Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

Magic number is 15

• Options
    edited September 2019

True, and I'm not sure about Soriano. Canseco and Mark McGuire are the only players I have real inside info on. Both were juicing when they played for The Birmingham Barons in the minors. I became friends with a guy who owned a renowned gym where future Mr Universe Lee Haney got his start. When Canseco and McGuire came to Greenville SC to play The Greenville Braves they worked out at Mike's gym, they also bought PEDs there.

Edit. I got to thinking and realized I might be misremembering a bit, it's been 27 years since I saw Mike. It was McGuire who came to town with The Barons, Canseco came with him after they got to the majors with Oakland.

• Options

100 wins is an awesome achievement, especially for a team that has gone through so many changes and different players this season.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At this point, I hope we finish behind the Dodgers. The way the postseason race is shaking out, it looks like the Dodgers get the wild-card winner and the Braves will get the Cardinals or Cubs.

As good as we are this year, I don't want to see Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin 3 days in a row. Let the Dodgers deal with them, and hopefully they wear each other out in a 5-game series.

• Options

Most had The Braves pegged for 3rd place in The East. Ownership might suc, but management is A+.

• Options
    edited September 2019

The past 20 games The Cards have been as good as any team.Still I agree , Washington's top 3 starters are built for postseason play. Braves hitting is built to chip away at good pitching so it would be interesting. I'll take advancing over interesting though.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My tone has changed a bit on Liberty. The money they spent on Keuchel looks to be good money and the trades for Martin, Greene, and Melancon are the second most-important transaction of the season behind Donaldson. They may be cheap, but at least they spent enough this year to boost a contender

• Options

Those moves were made by management within the limited payroll allotted them by Liberty. I don't credit the tight pockets in Denver.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go ahead and write it down , I am convinced the Braves are going to the series.

This discussion has been closed.