Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame

Comments

• Options
    KekinKekin Posts: 7 ✭✭ Sophomore

Murray State 0 - 45 vs Toledo Sept 14.

Just remember, Georgia hasn't faced much competition yet this year.

• Options
    chinadawgchinadawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think most people are optimistic after watching the Dawgs this season, but everyone watched real games against LSU, Bama and Texas last year as well. UGA struggles against physical teams and ND is one of the more physical teams on the schedule. I think we pull away after the half and win by 17+, but I can understand some people’s hesitancy.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you meant "struggled" as in past tense. At least I hope so.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have to be able to finish them off when they go for it on 4th down.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    chinadawgchinadawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree that ND isn’t the same level as those teams, but they aren’t the SEC east either (well, UF probably has more talent, but a worse coach). It’s probably the lack of familiarity that worries most of the worriers. But you’re right, some people will be worried no matter what.

• Options
    YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Notre Dame didn't look impressive against Louisville. Which there starting running back got hurt and not playing for a month. They had a bye week which I'm convinced they spent time looking at Georgia. Then comes this impressive win last week.

Ian Book threw 5 tds and 360 yards. Two of those tds came from gimmick WRs shuttle passes that broke for 60 yards a piece untouched. IF you remove those, Book throws 13/22 250 3tds not bad. He also led the team in carries (9) and rush yards (46). Notre Dame came run the ball. They need chunk plays to be successful which allows us to create havoc.

ND defense looks good. They gave up a few big runs (our 1st team defense gave up that td pass vs Murray). I don't think they can stop our run game, especially for 4 quarters. I am a little nervous about our execution. In certain points in all three games we stopped ourselves on offense killing td drives with bad execution. That's the only way ND keeps this close.

ND didn't score an offensive td in the first quarter and needed 5 4th down attempts to move the chains. IF we can EXECUTE CONSISTENTLY on offense we blow them out Big. If we don't, we win comfortably with the score closer than what the game is. (I'll take that, but I won't be happy).

38-16. (4tds and 3 fg/ one td and 3 fg)

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake was a true freshman in 2017 starting his first game at Georgia and it was in South Bend. That is still way up there on the iconic games list in UGA history.

I think we win by a td or more and play with poise.

• Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My biggest worry is if the moment is too big for these freshman. We have been playing cupcakes, games they knew if they made a mistake we would still win.

Pressure is on now, will they be able to do it when the lights are shining brightest?

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

I agree, if we have some early drops that would be devastating. Mecole has a HUGE drop as a freshmen in 2017 Notre dame game that almost cost us the game

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s gonna come down to who owns the trenches. ND has some big boys on the o-line and d-line I don’t think there as talented as GA’s lines I think that’s where the game will be won or lost and it’s gonna be fun to watch. Georgia 27 ND 17

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fellas, I really hope you are right and we blow ND out, but let's not forget our tendency to be too optimistic at times. Most of us are optimistic and we are fired up about the '19 Dawgs and we feed each other. However, last year we were brimming with optimism before Texas (I speak from experience)--they couldn't hold up to our O line. We had too many weapons and too much defense, etc. The same exact convos occurred here prior to LSU. ND has a good team. This is their biggest game by a huge margin. They have extra motivation. Get past UGA, and they are likely in the CFP. I think the Dawgs are in for a fight. Hopefully, our physical running game will be too much for them, but I expect a battle.