Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    To short, Kirby let that ship sail a long time ago

Which is interesting because we're recruiting some smaller DBs in 2019, all of which are highly rated: https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Targets

And we would have taken Jamayest in a heartbeat last year - all 5'9" of him.

From what I hear he and his dad were looking for singles... 20,000 of them to be exact...

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Which is interesting because we're recruiting some smaller DBs in 2019, all of which are highly rated: https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Targets

From what I hear he and his dad were looking for singles... 20,000 of them to be exact...

Well, if that's the case, I hope he prospers at USCe. No need to play those kinds of games.

• DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Exactly> @donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Well, if that's the case, I hope he prospers at USCe. No need to play those kinds of games.

Exactly, we r UGA, we don't have to buy players, our campus, academics, facilities, tradition and history or putting players in the league should be enough for any prospect to come to UGA

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If a school got busted paying a recruit, that would be so embarrassing, if I was the president of that school I would fire the whole football dept

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2019 kids a saw were almost all over 6ft. With one exception with a kid from Cali. As for Jam Williams, he was an instate kid, a "Athens" kid, a little different offering him than a Florida kid. I would say he was an exception to the rule, and from what I recal the kid was a great RB as well so he may have been recruited as a returner as well, replacing/ removing Crumpton

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BigGAdawg said:

@texdawg said:
    I understand the desire to sign the top class. It's been proven that national championship contenders sign more 4 and 5 star players than the other schools do.

But good recruiting also means good scouting. Just because the rating sites rate a kid a 5,4 or 3 star doesn't mean it's true.

Typically the 5 star players that UGA has signed the past few years have turned out to be good players. But there are almost as many misses as there are hits with the 4 stars that were signed.

And I'm sure grateful that we have these 3 star players right now : Kindley, Marshall, McGee, Sanders and Herrien. And I'm especially grateful to have our little ole 2 star player
    J R Reed.

There has been a lot of talk that hopefully CKS slow plays a Wildgoose,
    Becton or Brule.

If CKS likes them enough that he gave them committable offers then there is a good chance these kids are pretty good football players. If it means we don't get to our 305 pts in 247 - that's OK.

As a high school coach, slow playing a recruit so he hopefully decommits is bad business. And it won't go very well next time a college coach wants to recruit in that high school.

Hopefully CKS honors the kids who have already committed to the G.

As nice as it is to have all those 4* and 5* players, and generally those stars and rankings are a good indicator of what you are getting. However, Marshall was the top priority target over Gurley. David Pollack was a lowly 3* fullback before winning every defensive award available. And we have to remember the high value recruits who went bust one way or another: Isaiah Crowell, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Ty Flournoy-Smith, Nick Marshall, Chris Sanders, Zach Mettenberger, etc. Some of these recovered their careers and even made it to the pros but were a big disappointment for UGA.

Just playing the odds. We remember stars but there been more non contributers then stars.

Why there lacking the extra star or two matters, exposure . Trust our team decide for us and don't need to go all chalk recruiting.

Must of missed them, or didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks for the info

Who thinks we get a commit this week and if so who will it be ?

I'm going with 2018 Jordan Davis or 2019 Ryland Goede

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next 2018 commit will be Reese or Tindall

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

Man, I hope you are right on this one. Either would be great but Reese would be sweet - a kick in the Khakis, if you know what I mean.

@donm said:

@Denmen185 said:

Man, I hope you are right on this one. Either would be great but Reese would be sweet - a kick in the Khakis, if you know what I mean.

I think cooper could be in the mix too.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Read on another board that Cooper is Bama bound.

Good job tiger_62082 , I don't eat u do in your daily life but u got this recruiting stuff on lock

Anyone seen a snoop scoop lately?

Or he don't wanna get scolded for talking lil junk to the auburn boys

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    He had a one line post the other day. Probably just busy enjoying life and not getting into these arguements of 3vs5 star players

I know right!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

He always knows when something big is about to happen. If we do have one of those "momentum" recruits in the pipeline this week I assume we will see it soon

@Lefty said:

@dawgy10 said:
    Anyone seen a snoop scoop lately?

No and I've been wondering where he's at, has anyone heard from him since the florida game? Did he make it back?

He commented the other day briefly i believe.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Salyer's still over a month away. I'd be ECSTATIC if our next commit came from Campbell, Reese, Tindall or Cooper. I do like Davis's size though. But Cooper just looks like a monster in the trenches eating up double teams (with him not giving much ground if any on those double teams.) Can do ALOT of stuff defensively with that roadblock he sets up in the middle!

This discussion has been closed.