Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to mention the inevitable spike in suicides and likely wide-spread riots and violence as all those millions of food, beverage and entertainment industry employees go without work indefinitely. Unemployment rates are about to go through the roof.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson That is unfortunately the truth, as the economic impact is already being felt here in our own folks in dawgnation forum. Prayers for all of y'all (myself included) to get through all of this.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not that simple and it doesn't just stop with a couple of bills being missed. There is a legitimate debate of what costs more lives in quarantining the world vs free economy and dealing with it's spread. In fact, we might have a great comparison. The UK is quarantining 70yos and up, but for the most part everyone else can go about their daily business. So spread rates vs other countries will be interesting to see.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I bought insurance for the previous business I worked at there was always a business interruption clause in the policy that covered the business having to close down for any purpose. Do businesses not purchase this clause any longer?

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CaliDawg - praying for you. Hope you shake this off. Kudos for you for being in such good physical condition when the crap hit the fan. I am sure that has to be helping you today...

Questions for the smart crowd here:

#1 How the CRAP is there not millions of cases in India right now? There are 1 billion people living right on top of each other there, not far from China... But it's hot there all the time. Gotta be a good sign?

#2 Do people in West Virginia not talk to each other?

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, did anybody just listen to the press conference? The Treasury Secretary sounded like JG Wentworth saying they were trying to send checks to everyone since they needed "cash now..."

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers for you @CaliforniaDawg, that's another thing that is scary. We truly have no idea how many people have this virus.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First, I am ok. Make your prayers for the elderly in all of our families. I share my story not out of alarm or panic because that is not what I am feeling. I share it to help us all have up to date information.

In regards to your questions, I think if/when the disease hits India, India will have a big problem due to population density. I also believe India is more or less a competitor and not a supplier to China and thus the spread from China to Korea, Japan, Europe and the US is more direct.

West Virginia has a less dense population and perhaps less international business dealings. That has probably helped delay any spread to WV. But, I am only speculating about my answer to both questions, please don't take either answer as a statement of fact.

• UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

First confirmed case was just announced in my county with at least 32 more pending tests. Those who work in the lab next door to mine got sent home and the lab got shut down because someone called in sick. Because of this, two geniuses who worked in that lab yesterday with the person who called in sick and didn’t get the memo decided to come work in my lab for about 15 minutes before they got sent home as well. Sigh.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope you guys have still got a way to get paid. I know the guys in mine are all just sitting around waiting to get sent home at this point. Nothing is getting done here but nobody’s willing to send themselves home because it probably means no pay.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They have over 100 confirmed cases but the country is about to go into lockdown mode as their media calls it. They fear they aren't testing enough.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Question for the experts...

this time last week there were experts saying the warm weather would help stem the tide. Is that still true? or was that later found to be incorrect?

Or is it something that could help, but not as much as we think?

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take me home

Country Roads

To the place

I belong

This discussion has been closed.