Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Okay then. I had asked if a couple were tested every day for say 9 days and 1 tested positive and 1 negative each day, according to your method that equals 1 positive and 9 negative so 10% of them had the virus. My method has 50% positive, Which is correct? You replied that nobody gets 9 negative tests rather than answer which is correct. If I add that that the couple was Stephen and Katie Miller maybe you can understand that it would indeed be possible. i had decided to let it be but if you insist. What % of S and K Miller were positive?

I said I can't give a number because excess death data runs about 8 weeks behind. I said the 118 were non-resident deaths which are not in the numbers reported to CDC. I also explained the likely 500+ are not in there due to excessive reporting delays (a la Texas yesterday). These don't count the excess deaths. Do you not read or choose to not understand? I am done with your acting.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's going on with reporting in Texas? Are they adding previously unreported deaths to the count?

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting.

Here are the CDC numbers for 2019-20. It would be unfair to compare the entire year, since Florida didn’t record its first death until March 7th. Granted, there may be a fair number of deaths from Covid prior to awareness of the virus, but those deaths would not count as being “undercounted.”

During the time period of the end of week 10 until week 22, 2019, the state of Florida recorded all causes of deaths at 53826.

All causes of death for the same week 10-week 22, 2020 were 57376, which is an excess of 3550 deaths. On June 1, Florida had 2640 covid deaths.

A difference of 910.

Cumulative totals from week 10-week 27, 2019 were 73397.

Cumulative totals from week 10-week 27, 2020 are 79070.

A difference of 5673. On July 7 there 3873 covid

A difference of 1800.

Have the number of covid deaths been underreported in Florida?

It certainly seems possible

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s the question you’ve been stewing over? D.umb question.

As for the rest, I was simply asking for clarification. It f you’ll read my response then you’ll see I’ve given an honest analysis. No act. Loosen your panties.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Changing the process to take out built in delays, Akin to my complaint on Florida where yesterday they report 186 deaths following 77 Monday and 77 Sunday. So the total over the 3 days was 340 but the by date analysis shows only 102 of those occurred 7/25-27 which is the period it would cover were it a timely process.

What it doesn't address is whether or not "Presumptive" deaths are adequately reported given the lack of sufficient testing to identify all Cases.

• Options

@Bankwalker Thanks for the research on Florida excess deaths. The 1800 is likely to grow as some death certificates for those that die at home take up to 8 weeks to be finalized due to autopsies etc. Not sure if these are significant numbers or not. Maybe check in another few weeks?

• Options

The doctor from the breitbart video going around has some interesting views. She believes alien DNA is currently being used in medical treatments, vaccines are being developed to eliminate religion, Harry Potter encourages people to be ok with demons, and reproductive problems in women such as ovarian cysts are caused by having dream sex with demons. I couldn't think of a better person to promote HCQ.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

She’s nuts. She’s getting all the focus as well and the other doctors that spoke on their positive experiences are being ignored because they don’t have a wacky history.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Attacking me is uncalled for. And you have no idea what problems I or anyone else on here may be facing. With that said, I'll be praying for you and your baby, and I'm sure many others are as well.

• Options

Not as wacky but one of the speakers seems to have lied about working for the surgeon general. I get the sense most of them are grifters.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Wasn’t attacking you but you make a good point how I could be more sensitive to other people’s real world issues instead of only focusing on my own

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Here's another number, 390. That's the number of UGA students, faculty and staff who have tested positive for Corona, 3rd most in America.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/28/us/covid-19-colleges-universities.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

And the beat goes on in Mississippi new record for my 6 county area for daily cases

From The Sun Herald:

South Mississippi registered its largest single-day report for new cases of COVID-19 at 349 with George County and Jackson County each reporting over 120 positive results, according to the state health department.

George County had 256 total cases after Tuesday’s numbers were released, reported 122 new cases on Wednesday to bring its total to 378.

A week after Jackson County reported 180 new cases, the county announced another large caseload of 134 to push the county’s total to 1,772.

The previous single-day high for new cases in South Mississippi was 253 on July 22.

Jackson County also had the only death reported in the state’s southernmost six counties on Wednesday, bringing the total to 30 for the year. Fourteen of the county’s deaths have been reported in July.

As a whole, Mississippi reported 1,505 new cases and 20 deaths on Wednesday.

The number of patients hospitalized with confirmed cases of the coronavirus climbed to a new high of 982 in Wednesday’s numbers. There were another 229 with suspected cases who are hospitalized.

The number of patients in intensive care jumped by 10 to 306 and patients on ventilators hit a new high mark of 178 — an increase of 74 over the last three weeks.

There have been 55,804 confirmed cases and 1,563 deaths from COVID-19 in Mississippi.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Interesting chart! A lot of Americans just don't get this. The flu season follows this predictable pattern based on latitude and hemisphere. If you travel to Costa Rica (for instance), most Americans will be baffled that they call summer, winter and winter, summer. But, it rains every day in summer and it is cooler. It is dry in winter and hotter. It is fascinating that they have their flu season in summer, not winter. That chart certainly makes it look like CV will follow the same pattern as the flu. Obviously, this chart predicts that S. Africa is likely to become the next CV desperation spot. You remember how scary it looked last winter for NY and Europe? I suspect we will need to start sending supplies and teams to help the S. Africans. Argentina is locked up tighter than a drum. The police will stop you on the street and ask you what you are doing, and their cases are still rising. You aren't allowed to even leave your hotel there (unless a necessary trip to the grocery store or pharmacy).

Thx for sharing, and as I've said too many times here, imho, vitamin D level in the "herd" is the only logical answer for these phenomena!

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

😄 You're right. Sort of, but you got it backwards. Nov-May there is very little rain. That's referred to as "summer". June-Oct there is more rain and is called "winter".

This discussion has been closed.