Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

@godawgs said:

Wiltfong (who is rarely wrong) just flipped his crystal ball from Auburn to UGA. So I am feeling good about Hill committing to UGA tomorrow

I really hope we could land Hill!

I think he and cook will land their 5th star with a good showing at All American game.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 King Mwikuta dropped final 3 without Bama. I think if we can hold off Willy T we got em

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Divaad Wilson, made the trip through the weather. I think if he is wowed we get a commit by Monday.

Don't think he is a take

• Options
    DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Divaad Wilson, made the trip through the weather. I think if he is wowed we get a commit by Monday.

Don't think he is a take

Coaches may know something we don't about where guys are going that are rated above him.

• Options

@Denmen185 I see a lot of takes and no takes but never a reasoning behind it. Are these factual responses or opinion based ? No beaf just a question.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @Denmen185 I see a lot of takes and no takes but never a reasoning behind it. Are these factual responses or opinion based ? No beaf just a question.

Just my opinion. I think we get Campbell and Isaac Taylor-Stuart

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Not Daniel Faalele. Just committed to Minnesota. Not too broken up on this one

I am trying to picture him in P.J. Fleck’s Rowboat

• Options
    GaboyJHarrisGaboyJHarris Posts: 91 ✭✭ Sophomore

Alontae is out imo I think he's seeing what he wants to see out of tennessee. I see us getting Divaad Wilson and maybe use Otis Reese at safety. I think Taylor-Stuart is out and Campbell is a real possibility. (Just hate the fact Campbell is waiting on the second NSD)

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@JeffSentell definitely thinks we are still in it for Campbell. I think wildgoose is a take and Wilson unless Taylor-Stuart is really blown away. Then Taylor-Stuart and whoever else comes. Still can’t forget about Chris Smith who reminds me of a taller Tim Jennings. Fearless kid

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:
    Not Daniel Faalele. Just committed to Minnesota. Not too broken up on this one

I am trying to picture him in P.J. Fleck’s Rowboat

Maybe they’ve changed it to a tugboat

• Options
    DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would be happy landing Reese and Campbell, and Wilson looks to have allot of upside, I trust Kirby and Mel, and you can't get everybody.

Hope Reese qualifies, from what I've read he may be iffy on that, I am sure we will not take anyone if they are not assured of getting in, based on the new scholarship rules, just hard to take that chance anymore with a hard limit of 25 a year and 85 Max on scholarship.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to 247sports these are the corner backs Georgia is interested in by their ranking. Georgia needs 2.
    Isaac Taylor-Stuart
    Tyson Campbell
    Gibert Frierson
    Divaad Wilson

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Gonna hold you to this.

• Options

@Denmen185 don’t get me wrong. I’d love Campbell (who I think due to @JeffSentell s comments we have a legit shot at) and ITS (not likely from info I gather). But I know UFs DB coach has an eye on corners, so the fact he got Wilson means something to me.

I think Taylor is UT Bound, they will let him be a WR which is what he really wants vs coming in as a 50/50 athlete that we offended. They are selling him as Julio of TN.

In terms of who we get :

Wilson
    Campbell
    Goodrich
    Taylor
    Isaac Taylor Stewart (no official and Cali based keeps him here)

Who is want is obvious : Campbell and ITS

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @Denmen185 don’t get me wrong. I’d love Campbell (who I think due to @JeffSentell s comments we have a legit shot at) and ITS (not likely from info I gather). But I know UFs DB coach has an eye on corners, so the fact he got Wilson means something to me.

I think Taylor is UT Bound, they will let him be a WR which is what he really wants vs coming in as a 50/50 athlete that we offended. They are selling him as Julio of TN.

In terms of who we get :

Wilson
    Campbell
    Goodrich
    Taylor
    Isaac Taylor Stewart (no official and Cali based keeps him here)

Who is want is obvious : Campbell and ITS

Just an FYI that ITS listed his final six schools today and we are one of them. I realize six is sort of a lot, and that USC should be viewed as the favorite, BUT four of the six teams are SEC teams, and the other team is Oklahoma. The only west coast team is USC, so it appears location might not be too much of a factor for him. When we factor into this equation he was scheduled to take one of his OVs to Athens this very weekend (it got snowed out), I think it adds up to us very much being in the running for him.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    @godawgs said:

Wiltfong (who is rarely wrong) just flipped his crystal ball from Auburn to UGA. So I am feeling good about Hill committing to UGA tomorrow

I think he and cook will land their 5th star with a good showing at All American game.

That would be AWE SOME SAUCE

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@bmauldin said:
    @godawgs said:

They are good as they are...no better, no worse. An extra star or not does not change a thing. They are what they are.

• Options

@donm said:

@greygoose01 said:

@bmauldin said:
    @godawgs said:

They are good as they are...no better, no worse. An extra star or not does not change a thing. They are what they are.

I get that. But to other recruits, other five stars would take notice as well for future. It’s important to make a huge splash in the first couple of years.

With this staffs recruiting and the fact that we are convincing high caliber players to come back for their senior seasons it bodes well for us in the future.

If we ended up with 8-10 of the 35 5 star players, everyone in the nation would take notice. (Not to mention making it to the playoffs in cks’ second season)

This discussion has been closed.