Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Any Hot Sauce Fans out there?

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I love hot and spicy food and try a lot hot sauces. Just wondering what others like and suggest. Just tried a Jamaican Scorpion Pepper sauce. Nice....and still warm to taste (after 20 minutes). Probably regret it about 3 in the morning, but worth trying.

Any favorites from the "Sauce" lovers?

Btw- the Scorpion Pepper Sauce is 780K on the Scoville Units...

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I do, but I’m a wimp and am still on Tabasco which a co-worker of mine calls ketchup

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:
    I'm a fan of tiger hot sauce. M

Where do you buy it?

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am also a wimp (prob a wimpy wimp). I just use Frank's Red Hot but with a 1/4 stick of butter sliced into 5-6 pieces and melt. I like the flavor but not the heat. I grill drums and then when cooked baste them and leave on grill for 3-5 minutes.

@Denmen185 said:
    I am also a wimp (prob a wimpy wimp). I just use Frank's Red Hot but with a 1/4 stick of butter sliced into 5-6 pieces and melt. I like the flavor but not the heat. I grill drums and then when cooked baste them and leave on grill for 3-5 minutes.

Love Franks.

I like verde salsa and will eat a whole bottle with chips... and regret it the next day...

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

Love Franks.

I like verde salsa and will eat a whole bottle with chips... and regret it the next day...

Franks is my staple. Got the big bottle and it's in almost everything I eat....and the wife won't touch it...Lol!!

And as far as your recipe, add some dark beer to it and boil it down. Trust me on this. ;)

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

Love Franks.

Franks is my staple. Got the big bottle and it's in almost everything I eat....and the wife won't touch it...Lol!!

And as far as your recipe, add some dark beer to it and boil it down. Trust me on this. ;)

Will do. My wife can't breathe when I am melting the butter in it. :D

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Lefty said:
    Texas Pete, and their wing sauce is also very good.

Ughhh...ummmm.......How can I put this...... You may be a walk on punter when it comes to hot sauce?

JK!! All in fun!!

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018
  • amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mango Habanero wings from BWW! Awesome!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    Mango Habanero wings from BWW! Awesome!

I love those, but, real talk, I gotta drink 3 beers just to get through them.

Habanero got a lil **** to it. I prefer the flavor of jalapeño,serrano, anaheim, or pablamo

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like to buy the canned chipotle chiles. They’re hot and smokey

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

B Dub mild wings. Extra ranch.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

Use that on ribs

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

Love Franks.

Franks is a go to

Lol... this will be the type thread until april.

• ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Pigeons said:

Hate to use franks saying, but tiger sauce I put that **** on everything. Not much spice to it though.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Jamaican lady next door to me makes her own and gave me some. I thought it was unbelievable till I found what I believe to be a feather in it.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A giant bottle of Frank's and a shaker of ground cayenne are my every meal staples. However, I grow some peppers that a neighbor shared with me 20 years ago. He was retired from 50+ years of farming and called them Rooster Spur peppers. These are not raised commercially. I have since found a couple of other peppers that are called the same name. Mine are shaped like the steel spur that is strapped onto fighting roosters; basically the shape of several types of Thai peppers. Take your basic Tobasco pepper and make it 1 1/2'' to 2'' long, more slender, and a pointed nose instead of the more rounded one on a Tobasco pepper. Then crank the Scoville units up to a little above a mature Serrano. I leave them on the plant until they mature (from green to orange then to a beautiful Bulldog Red). I won't eat them raw but air dry them thoroughly and at the end of the season put the dried peppers into the food processor and grind them until they are half fine ground (dust) and half looking like crushed red pepper flakes that you buy in the spice section at the grocery store. This I add to anything that needs to be punched up a bit...wing sauce, burger patties, pasta sauce, etc. YUM!