Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Any Hot Sauce Fans out there?

Comments

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I make my own sauce, but my favorite store bought is Marie Sharpe's. You can't beat the flavor. If you have ever been to Belize, then you know what I'm talking about. I can get it here in North Carolina at Ingles.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    The Jamaican lady next door to me makes her own and gave me some. I thought it was unbelievable till I found what I believe to be a feather in it.

Lol

• MitchDMitchD Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

This is the best hot sauce I've ever had, but I never see it on the shelves anywhere.

My wife signed me up for a Hot Sauce of the Month Club with Heat Hot Sauce Shop for Christmas last year. I definitely recommend it! It made me try some new stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These are my four favorites. Although it’s not that hot, Pickapeppa has a great flavor for anything from steak to fish to eggs, and it’s at most grocery stores.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@bmauldin said:
    I like verde salsa and will eat a whole bottle with chips... and regret it the next day...

I'm sure you know this but the green El Yucateco is good.

Haven’t tried that one. My favorite is actually Herdez green salsa moreso than the hot sauce I guess.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@MitchD said:

This is the best hot sauce I've ever had, but I never see it on the shelves anywhere.

My wife signed me up for a Hot Sauce of the Month Club with Heat Hot Sauce Shop for Christmas last year. I definitely recommend it! It made me try some new stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

This is the same brand as the one I have that got this thread started. The one below is what I got from my local Ingles. They usually carry a pretty good selection.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hot Chix is a must try sauce. They used to carry it at Publix years ago when I was a kid and everyone in my family got hooked on it. You can still find it occasionally at Whole Foods. I almost don’t like having it in the pantry because I’ll see it and start craving wings when I see it which aren’t that healthy. So when I got it, I shove it to the back of my pantry so I don’t see it unless I’m looking for it. And no, I never forget it’s there. Every person I’ve let try it over the last 20+ years has been like, “oh, that’s good!” The heat in there is just a flavoring. I’ve never seen anyone be put off by the stuff being too hot. But there is a little bit of heat to it.

Crystal is my everyday hot sauce for subs or red beans or whatever else I may want to put it on. Cheaper and tastier than Tobasco brand sauce. Tobasco has just done a better job marketing. Crystal is the better sauce.

For the cheap hot sauce, I like Rooster

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Mamoun’s in nyc will really blow your hair back if you can handle it. More middle eastern flavor but so good

Made some 15 bean soup today with ham. Had a bowl and put 3 drops of the Scorpion sauce in. Nice and warm but only for a while...

Ok, so I’m cool on Scorpion

@Bigcalidawg said:

Lol! Nice play...... But the funny thing I've noticed is, Hot in and no adverse reactions out. B)

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Lol! Nice play...... But the funny thing I've noticed is, Hot in and no adverse reactions out. B)

Bruh, I don’t want no flames shooting out my dome!

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard shark boy has an in.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Just wanna say I love how I got voted off topic in a thread about hot sauce when I posted about hot sauce

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Just wanna say I love how I got voted off topic in a thread about hot sauce when I posted about hot sauce

As chief Dan George said in Little Big Man, "sometimes the magic works, some times it doesn't".

Woohooo!!! A few drops of my Scorpion Sauce tonight.

@Kasey said:

Lol, maybe your sauce is not good.....