Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Considering the success of this weekend, will there be updates on mock classes? @CZCashvilleDawg @tiger_62082 @HunkerDown10

This weekend was less about immediate commitments and more about laying the pipeline for future success. It’s a long game. Eboigbe is a take regardless; he’s a player you find a spot for. I wouldn’t read too much into him not being there. His recruitment will go the distance.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg Both are takes no matter what.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

Thanks...so if both are takes, with Norton in fold and all appearing to play same position (unless Norton grows into a true 3tech) do we take all 3? With T. Walker and need for true DT only leaves maybe two spots for DT. Pickering still out there too...just curious as to what the board could look like with numbers. @tiger_62082 as well.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Thanks...so if both are takes, with Norton in fold and all appearing to play same position (unless Norton grows into a true 3tech) do we take all 3? With T. Walker and need for true DT only leaves maybe two spots for DT. Pickering still out there too...just curious as to what the board could look like with numbers. @tiger_62082 as well.

Yes, absolutely; you take the best 5-6 DL you can get - especially if some men go pro early.
    Ideally, 2 - 3 of those are true interior guys (CJ Clark, Jaelin Humphries, Joshua Harris, Tymon Mitchell and Tyler Davis immediately come to mind).

• Options
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Current projections on DL

DT - C Clark
    DT - Humphries
    DE / DT - T Walker
    DE / DT- Hunter or B Young
    DE - Norton ✔️
    DE - Ebiogbe

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

Man I wish these kids could have their Christian name somewhere in their twitter profiles. Guessing this is tyrique though

• Options

Your guess is correct sir

• Options

Ok, getting this back on track and to spark convo.

Who do you predict is the next to commit to the G and a reason why ?

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Ok, getting this back on track and to spark convo.

Who do you predict is the next to commit to the G and a reason why ?

Jermaine Johnson seems to be the hottest name right now. Then C.J., T. Walker to close the summer.

• Options

JJ is a hot name for sure, I just wonder if it’s a race between him and R Davis for the “last OLB” spot.

CJ would be awesome. Havnt seen anything on his commitment timeline that I recall.

Walker - all I can say is, I really hope he is next. We need him and his momentum

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

T Walker and a really good cb would be awesome.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,578 admin

Clark looks like a project to me. Size and ability and all that.

But. .... let me just say I don't think he's going to be invited to the Nike Opening finals this year. He didn't have a superior day at the Charlotte regional.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

But. .... let me just say I don't think he's going to be invited to the Nike Opening finals this year. He didn't have a superior day at the Charlotte regional.

Well that sucks

• Options

@JeffSentell said:

Presumably Clark is right in Scott’s wheel house then. All the talents and abilities but needs the coaching to reach his potential.

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    JJ is a hot name for sure, I just wonder if it’s a race between him and R Davis for the “last OLB” spot.

CJ would be awesome. Havnt seen anything on his commitment timeline that I recall.

Walker - all I can say is, I really hope he is next. We need him and his momentum

Interesting take on JJ vs. Davis. Based on what I’ve been reading on 247, I assumed Davis would be ILB. There’s also some talk that both Dean & Davis could want in and that will lead to some tough choices come December. Add in Pappoe to that and it could get crazy for that position group.

Agreed on silver lining with C.J. Clark in that he can be coached up. I also think Jordan Davis will be a factor here as he’s one of the least talked about recruits in 2018 along with Bush and Ford. J. Davis could buy some time to take on a project assuming we still land T. Walker, and Humphries/Harris (Harris is likely to stay in N.C. Per Rusty).

I still think JJ pops soon after his upcoming visits, within the next few weeks. Reading tea leaves, JUCO (had challenges with grades), his girlfirend is following him wherever and they appear to have a young son. Our coaches are telling him he has the potential to be one-n-done. “Taking care of the family” sums this right up. I think D. Walker is primed to be a day 2 product in 19’ draft as well which will help solidify that messaging. I could maybe see a 3-4 Star QB (yet to be determined) popping first, but since no names yet, sticking with JJ.

• Options
    GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

So with Clark being a "project" and him listing us as his leader, he's still a take all day, right?

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like it's about to get crowded at ILB for 2019 class, seems like Pappoe may have to act soon if he wants in, don't think we can string these guys along for too long.

• Options

@GordonBombay said:
    So with Clark being a "project" and him listing us as his leader, he's still a take all day, right?

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.