Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Donaldson with his 2nd homer in 2 games, if his bat gets going our offense will be special

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @coastaldawg wasn’t this his 3rd homer in the last 3 games? Either way, could be a huge factor for us if Donaldson gets hot
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The offense is championship level right now.
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And Folty still perplexes me.

• Options
  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The catchers duo is impressing me again this year. 

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The elephant in the room: what happens with Ender?
    Hope we can trade him for some good bullpen depth/closer and he can find a good home to be productive in. 
    With Pache and others on the doorstep, I think they are moving on. 
  • Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I thought our bullpen was bad, then we played the Phillies and I feel a little better.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

An impressive first outing by Ynoa, kid throws hard and has some good stuff.

• Options

Ynoa's stuff is amazing and he really painted the corners after getting the initial jitters out. I'm impressed, but definitely a little concerned about his AAA stats. He hasn't been great at that level so far. Wait and see approach.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clearly our players were traumatized by yesterday's 9th inning disappointment...😉

• Options

Where did Ynoa come from? I don't seem to recall his name on our minor league watch list. DId he come in a trade or what? Maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle with him?

• Options

Heard in the broadcast today that he came in the Jaime Garcia deal. Not sure where he ranks as a prospect.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Smart is right, twins gave him up in the jaime Garcia deal in like 2017. At the time he was super young (18 or 19) and nothing more than a lottery ticket with a good arm.

To be a buzzkill, he isn’t really ready for mlb action yet. Command very inconsistent and I’m not sure the org has decided he’s a reliever only yet. He started in A ball this year and has moved through quick, so they may have an eye on a bullpen role for him. Think we all agree as of late that good relief arms are important though, and his upside in the pen would be very high.

He came up because he is on the 40 man roster and we needed a body when we sent winkler down. Don’t think he sticks around this year unless he pitches his way into a spot. Crossing my fingers he throws enough strikes to stick.

Also @TheSmartWay @donm mlb.com has him as our #12 prospect right now. Fangraphs as our #18. So don’t feel bad if this guy snuck up on you, he started in the low minors this year and doesn’t have a high prospect ranking.
  • Options

Ynoa’s ranked as Braves #12 prospect, started season in high A league. Spent about 3 weeks each in A, AA, and AAA ball. Doesn’t have eye-popping stats, but looked good today.

• Options

Keuchel started and pitched 7 innings for AA Mississippi today. Not a great pitching line, 11 hits and 3 earned runs, but was a victim of several “bleeders” and plays that should have been made. I would be surprised if he doesn’t start Friday against the Nationals.

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah Snit, come on! Why in the world aren't you using Kimbrel or Jansen or Chapman to close these games. Oh!...... wait a minute.... the Braves haven't provided you any of these guys or anybody else who would remotely be considered a legitimate major league closer. Yeah, but come on Snit, you could be using Blevins or Minter or Winkler or..... mmmm.... on second thought, just keep up the good work, Snit. Oh yeah Snit , if you are reading this forum to sharpen your game day strategy, I would recommend that you stop since you should have already figured out that that posters like me and @orlando don't really have a clue about baseball.

• Options

Yeah, that's something that a few folks on this forum specialize in...coaching from afar. Your post is well taken. He can only manage those on his 40 man roster. You have to stay where your feet are...can't be wondering what if we had....so and so.

Better bullpen pitching would help and maybe that will come along with the "new" Minter or someone else. Maybe not. There is always the trade deadline as a way to possibly strengthen the pen. It also wouldn't hurt if the starters could go a bit deeper in games and lighten the load on the pen. But there I go wishing again. Oh, there are my feet.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, what a series, great weekend of baseball. The ball park was packed all weekend long. This team looks scary, if we can work through the season and get to average in the bullpen .....they could really do something.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Be sure to go on-line and vote to get our Braves into the All Star game. 
This discussion has been closed.