Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Phillies are my all-time least favorite professional sports team (can't say I hate them more than the gators though) after all the heartbreak from 2010-2015ish. I feel dirty and have to take a shower after watching them play. I'll never forget when they had already long since clinched the division and had no reason to go hard anymore, while we needed to win the final game of the season against them to grab the wild card spot, and they beat us. Loved to see this game, love this Braves team, and at this point it just kills me whenever I miss a game! Go Braves!

(also, front office please please please trade for multiple bullpen arms)

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has anyone ever stopped to think about what strange game baseball has become? MLB teams all spend untold millions of dollars scouting, drafting and signing new talent. They all have extensive and expensive minor league systems to develop this talent. Then they go out and compete for and sign mega-million superstars to put them over the top. They invest heavily in a analytics program that breaks down every scenario, every stat and every possibility that is likely to happen in an effort to win games. Then after 5-6 innings or so of pretty much every game, they turn it all over to the bullpen. Yes, the bullpen which consists mainly of a mish-mash collection of nameless, transient journeymen who pitched for Oakland last season, San Diego the year before that and will take the mound for Kansas City next season or quite possibly be out of baseball altogether. Another part of the bullpen is always made up of 1 or 2 veteran borderline washed up starters who are just trying to get in one more season in order to qualify for MLB's gem of a pension. Add to this a couple of young, top prospects who just couldn't quite cut it as starters when they got promoted to "The Show". You gotta admit, it's a strange game.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Going to the game tonight! Go Braves!

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Big hit by Donaldson, bout time he did something
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big timely hits just keep coming. Let's make it 9 straight. Newcomb only going 2.2 innings is not good though.

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope Newcomb will be ok after taking that line drive.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    WC - are you being a bit harsh with Newk? 
  • Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg you clearly didn’t watch the game because if you did you would know he got hit in the back of the neck with a 102 mph exit velocity off the bat. 
  • Options

You are correct, I just read the box score. My bad.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This experiment with Luke Jackson needs to end. It is not working.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Luke blows another one, 6 on the year. Snit can do better than that 
  • Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Well there’s a blown save, hopefully the bats can pull it out in the bottom of the 9th
  • Options

Dam, I'd give half my sandwich for a decent closer. Jackson probably just lost us this game.

• Options

If we can win two against Hector Neris in a row, that's some pretty good stuff. As it is, the inability to sign or develop a halfway decent closer has cost us quite a few wins this year so far

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    I have always thought that if a pitcher makes an error, then those runs are EARNED...  At least they should be...
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Said it once, say it again. He's not a closer, doesn't have any business being one.

This discussion has been closed.