Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They've started calling each other derogatory nicknames. It's a train wreck

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW Today's data:

Red indicates total for that date is up from previous day. The 7 "April Adj?" is likely in part due to 5/18 deaths not yet reported. Still adjusting May 6 and 7 and every day from May 9th on makes me wonder what is going on!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In our weekly Covid19 conference call they told us that the owner of one of the buildings we rent in Duluth wants us to only allow 4 people in an elevator at a time and we must face each corner of the elevator. The building is 6 floors and I wonder how we're supposed to know what floor we're on if the doors open before we get to our destination? Thank goodness I don't have to go out there very often.

• Options

Until Florida shows there is a transparent process for collecting data and sharing it with the public as well as the raw data with outside researchers, we should assume they are deflating case numbers and deaths to justify reopening. Anytime someone is asked to manipulate raw data that is a huge red flag. Scientists get blacklisted for doing that. They might have asked her to change something minor, but the fact she was fired, the website went down, and researchers have been struggling to get data is very concerning. The People need answers.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I should also point out that around the time of her firing the website changed from updating at 11am and 6:30 pm with I assume "Today's" numbers to only updating at 11 am with "Yesterday's" numbers so May could be missing a day in addition to the delay's shown in the spreadsheet.

• Options
    Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sitting in Upstate, SC. All good and still waiting for my wife's office to reopen so she can leave the house and leave me in peace :)

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know the details other than her comments post-removal from her post but am very interested to learn more.

Interpretation of data is one thing; manipulation of data is a non-starter and can't happen.

• Options
  • Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Assumptions never seem to work out. We also have to take a “fired” and disgruntled employee’s (that isn’t the lone person in Florida working on this) Word with a grain of salt. It’s a lot of people working on this....one person saying they hide info? Maybe....but if we are playing the “assume” game then I assume she may be a disgruntled employee.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

I can tell you my wife works in a hospital in the Jacksonville FL area and they are cutting hours and just announced that there will be no pay increases this year. Definitely not a flood of patients here. To add she is an RN in the NICU but all departments are cutting hours and no bonuses and they cut the COVID premium pay when on-call. And they are put on-call quite a bit.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's crap like this going on all over the place, because there is too much at stake and the legacy and careers of politicians (professional liars) are on the line. When manipulating the truth is as normal as blinking or breathing, then its a no-brainer that this stuff would happen.

Gosh, I just read that and realized that this stuff has made be quite the skeptic. I apologize for the negativity...

Raining cats and dogs here in SC. We are finishing up the "school year" at school making sure all the "i's" and "t's" are taken care of.

We are having graduation Friday - bout 250 people in an auditorium that seats 2500, all doors propped open, hand-san everywhere, everyone acting like Sheldon.

For those interested, the National High School Federation made their first statements yesterday. It's worth looking up:

https://www.nfhs.org/media/3812287/2020-nfhs-guidance-for-opening-up-high-school-athletics-and-activities-nfhs-smac-may-15_2020-final.pdf

• Options

I wonder if they realize deep cleaning doesn't prevent human-to-human transmission. Also "lack of transparency" shows up again. If people want to make the argument that everyone should be free to choose to go back to work or back to society in general, then we should be given all the information to make an informed decision. That shouldn't be a controversial, political opinion.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll bet in the red states "all the information" sounds like Six Flags and in blue states "all the information" sounds like Chernobyl.

A political consultant once told me, "I can pay an engineer to say whatever I want." And they do it. Every day. Every single day. Republicans. Democrats. Any one who thinks one party is "cleaner" than another is naive.

The narrative has become a political game. Statistics are being fabricated in some places and withheld in others leaving the Google educated experts to boil the argument down to "which is better: FoxNews or CNN?"

Everyone's perspective is biased. Even mine. Even yours. I don't have a problem with that. It makes the world a better place...

...sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.