Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod
    edited April 2020

Question for you with math as i hate math. I am not asking these questions to push any open up or stay closed agendas. Looking for facts to make a judgement with. I hope the powers at be are asking the same questions.

If option 1 is the best but it may take up to a year that means social distancing/shelter in place needs to be in effect for one year.

Option 2: Is let the human immune system do its job and build up defenses but with social distancing / shelter in place this could take 2.5 years to hit 60%.

What happens if we eliminate shelter in place and let the virus run its course? How soon would we get to the 60% immunization naturally? Best estimation at number of deaths due to Covid-19 with no shelter in place?

Would it be more effective in the long run to let the virus and human immune system do what they have done for thousands of years or wait for a year for science/medicine to save the day?

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the debate that has no right answer. It's not black and white - there are much more than, well... There are a lot a shades of grey here (see what I did there?...) and all of them have positives and negatives.

There is not going to be a finish line that is nearly as obvious as our starting point.

There is no 100% right answer moving forward. All decisions - from personal decisions involving one or a few people - to federal decisions - with have multiple consequences on local to federal outcomes (freakin' butterfly effect...).

Bad stuff is not always somebody's fault. Some things are out of our control. Gotta let go of hang-ups and move forward.

This is gonna get better - then worse - then better - then worse - then better.

Can't live in fear, but can't act recklessly. People are gonna die (like always). Loved ones are gonna get sick and die (like always). Cherish every day (like we should anyway). Love others first (like we should anyway). Life's not fair and never will be.

50K ventilators are not the answer (they would help, but we see there are more important things). 100 million tests aren't the answer (they would help, but we will see there is a next hill to climb).

Win today. Be ready to battle tomorrow.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I never could stay sober on the Corpus Christi Bay"...you gotta love REK.

Thanks @texdawg...all of it is great advice from one of Texas' own!

• Options
    HipdawgHipdawg Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here is my check in. I got a haircut earlier. I was starting to look like Bob Ross from PBS. Masks and social distancing made me feel at ease for the most part. I've been taking a zinc lozenge every day (which can't hurt).Stay safe out there everyone.

• Options
  • Options

I'm only asking because it seems like he's actively endorsing eugenics.

• Options
  • Options

I wonder what type of beak is best suited for avoiding respiratory diseases

• Options
    edited April 2020

The ones with the tiny masks over them...

Whew, this goes off-topic quick if the Darwin (nerd) jokes start up...

• Options

That's too good...

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did you say Darwin? This might go against the seriousness of my last post, but can't resist.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So the odds of me buying that Jeep for a few rolls of toilet paper just went down?

This discussion has been closed.