Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg , my last comment was not in any way, shape or form directed at you. Nor did I have you in mind at all when I wrote it. I was also not criticizing those who predicted Elam would be in the class of 2019. Just used that as an example of being willing to take a risk. People who stand on the sidelines and want to attempt to snipe at others on here for making projections, like the poster I directly addressed, are a joke IMHO.

• Options

Locksley won’t be able to recruit at a consistently high level at Maryland IMHO. He may be able to somewhat reduce the flood of kids leaving the DMV but he won’t be able to lock it down. He was joke of a hire and will not succeed there. The Terps losing Azaar Abdur Rahim, who I wanted us to nab, and whiffing on Josh Gattis is certainly telling.

• Options
    edited February 2019

With that being said, we have a good shot. I just don’t project Bresee to land at UGA in the end. He definitely likes Tray Scott and his family is fond of the University though. Just my projection

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where do you think? Penn State? It certainly makes sense if family being close is a priority.

• Options

Penn State has always had monster success in the DMV. They’re also close, as you pointed out, and offer good academics. If I had to pick today, I’d still go with them but can also see Clemson as well. We will be there until the end and I’ve certainly not ruled us out. At this point though I see Clemson and Penn State in Tier 1, us being in a very close Tier 1A, and Oklahoma & Ohio $tate in Tier 2, followed by Alabama in Tier 3, and Maryland & the field in Tier 4. That’s how I see things at the moment, which is not set in stone and always subject to change.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

When did Oklahoma get into this ? Havnt seen them mentioned much at all.

Id say the tiers would be:

PSU / Clemson

UGA / Ohio St

Bama

The Field

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,598 admin
    edited February 2019

Guess I need to write a Rodgers update for everyone. I dropped an INtel awhile back that had Pitt and Smart fighting over Rodgers. (The head coach usually wins that one. Even against the G.W.O.G architect. )

Doesn't want to play OG in college. Either an OT or a DT.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,598 admin

Also: Justin Robinson does not plan to make his decision until September-October. Just not ready yet.

UGA and Virginia loom large. Virginia was one of the very first to offer and he likes the blend with academics.

Notre Dame also recently offered. That is clearly one of his father's favorite teams. The Irish might even be his favorite.

• Options
    FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JeffSentell , are any of the top targeted OTs for 2020 cross-trainable for OG? Seems there are OTs to spare, but few OG/OCs this cycle...

• Options
    FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2019

@CZCashvilleDawg , do you think Coach Pittman can pull Raym from OU?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

I wouldn’t count Pittman out with this much time but I feel he has his eyes on some bigger prizes at the moment. (I don’t think we land Raym at this time)

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

RB -M. Llyod out of the DMV . DeMatha has serious talent coming out this year .

• Options
    edited February 2019

Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville four-star defensive lineman 

Eric Taylor is up to 21 offers after adding Georgia TechTexas A&MVirginia Tech to his list last week.He said a long list of schools are recruiting him hard at this time, including AlabamaAuburnFlorida StateGeorgia and LSU.

The No. 15 defensive tackle in the 2020 class is starting to set up visits early in 2019 and the first one went to Georgia. He was in Athens for the second time a couple of weeks ago and the Bulldogs impressed.

"I had been to Georgia once before for a practice last spring and it was nice," said Taylor. "I wanted to get back, spend more time with the coaches and get to know them better and I did that this time.

"This was probably one of my favorite visits so far because of all the love I received from the coaches and some of the players. The coaches were saying how excited they were to see me at the university of Georgia. It was great."

He was in Tuscaloosa recently, and it was his second time at Alabama as well.

"I was at Alabama for the Iron Bowl and that was a great visit. This visit was really good too. I really like Alabama's defensive line success and how they always get guys drafted.

The next visit is to LSU. He was at a game in Baton Rouge in the fall, so he has an idea about what the Tigers are all about.

"I like LSU's history. They always have a good defense and I love the atmosphere there. I was there for the Mississippi State game and the crowd was super loud. It was crazy.

"I am visiting them again in February."

It is still early for Taylor, the top 10 prospect in the Yellowhammer State, but by August, he plans to be committed.

"I do think I will be committed before the beginning of the season," said Taylor. I am still open to everybody right now, so I do not have a leader or anything, but I do want to be committed before my senior season.

"I could take at least some of my official visits during the spring. I am not to who yet though.

"All these visits are important to me because I will pick the school I feel I fit in best at. I want to be good in the defensive scheme, be used well at defensive tackle and things like that, so I will be looking at all of that when I am on visits."

His mother will play a big role too. Those two are very close and she is often by his side when on the road.

"I will listen to my mom too," said Taylor. "She is part of the decision. She is always with me on the visits and as soon as we leave, we talk about the visit, the school and things like that.

"She is from Athens, so she likes Georgia a lot, but we talk about all the schools."

Taylor said he will begin to cut his list down in the "coming months".

• Options

Schools have taken notice of Cody Brown, a 5-foot-11, 214 pound sophomore running back at Lilburn (Ga.) Parkview.

After running for 1,600 yards and scoring 25 touchdowns in 2018, Brown is starting to pick up some big offers.

Schools like AuburnLSUMichigan StateSouth Carolina and now Georgia have offered the 2021 powerful running back and the new offers are just adding more fuel to the fire.

"It is really exciting to be getting these offers and it is just making me work that much harder," said Brown. "I can't just settle. I have never been that way. I am glad I have the offers, but it is just going to push me that much more."

He had coaches from Auburn and South Carolina working to get him on campus just before signing day, but instead, he stayed home and traveled less than an hour to visit Georgia.

It was at that time that the Bulldogs offered.

"It was my first visit to Georgia as a recruit and it was awesome. I got to see a lot of things there and I really like the Strength and Conditioning program. Those coaches have great energy, they take it very serious and that really stood out.

"I spent a lot of time with coach [Dell] McGee and he is the coach who offered me. He said that I am the perfect fit for what they are looking for and he really likes what he sees in me. Georgia had been by the school a few times, so the offer really wasn't a surprise."

The home-state Bulldogs are high on Brown's list, but a school a little northeast of Athens that just won another National Championship has his attention too, despite not offering yet.

"I grew up a Georgia fan with them being close to home and all that, but as I got older, I really started to like Clemson a lot," said Brown. "I was up there for a game during the season and I will be going back.

"They do not offer guys my age, so I have been talking with coach [Mickey] Conn, my recruiting coach and I know they have a lot of interest in me. Clemson is about greatness and I really like that as well as their tradition and their coaches.

"Clemson and Georgia are two schools I like a lot."

Brown’s next visit is to Auburn (March 2) and he is in the process of scheduling visits to Georgia Tech and South Carolina. He visited Auburn his freshman year and he liked what he saw. He spent time in Atlanta back in the spring, but has not gotten to know the new staff on the Flats much yet.

As he grinds in the off-season preparing for a big junior campaign, Brown could see himself making a decision next year. He is not set on that, but it is a possibility.

"I am looking to see where I fit best right now," said Brown. "I am searching for the school that feels like home. If I find it, I could see myself committing my junior year. That is what I am thinking right now.

"I just have to take more visits and see more places."

• Options

LAGRANGE, Ga. – The Georgia Bulldogs and Auburn Tigers are no strangers to recruiting battles.

Kobe Hudson (Photo: Rusty Mansell, 247Sports)

A little less than a week ago, the Georgia Bulldogs flipped longtime Auburn WR Commit George Pickens on national signing day. UGA staff worked Pickens hard for months and was in home with him every week they could be during the open recruiting periods. It paid off with a five-star flip last Wednesday.

There could be another battle brewing for an elite Auburn WR commit in the 2020 class in Troup County athlete Kobe Hudson.

He told 247Sports on Monday, that Georgia is a team turning up the heat on him.

“Georgia is on me pretty heavy,” Hudson said.”I have been talking to them a lot. I am going back up there in two weeks.”

Dell McGee is the lead recruiter for Georgia and Hudson says that is big factor for the Bulldogs right now.

“We talk all the time man, we have a real good relationship,” he said.

Hudson has been committed to Auburn for 10 months now and he says something big would have to change for him to ultimately not end up on the plains.

“For me not to go to Auburn, Gus (Malzahn) would have to leave honestly,” he said.”I have a real close relationship with him, he is like my second head coach, with coach G (Coach Glisson) here.”

After having a big junior season moving over to play QB , there was some talk of him playing that on the next level, but Hudson says that not the case for him.

“There was some potential for me to play quarterback, but I want to play wide receiver in college,” he said.

Hudson will play his senior season at Troup County and will be an early graduate in December.

This discussion has been closed.