Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@tiger_62082 said:

@brentwilson said:

Linebacker would be scary enough, but Safety? 6’6 and 250 pounds at safety is something else.

One & done. He’s that darn good!

Good, we will need his scholarship in 2020 haha

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very interesting that he didn't have Davis on that list. Guess he couldn't put 4 Dawgs in one top 10 list, and make everyone more PO'd about UGA.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Bootboys 2/3 with the 3rd being an offer d 2021 6’3 WR

Who are in the photo, besides Tongue, #9?

4 - Emery Jr
    10 - Brown 2021 WR
    Grey shirt - Coach Hankton

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

4 - Emery Jr
    10 - Brown 2021 WR

Thanks much Okay Hankton, 'cause of the LA thing. Got it! I knew #4 wasn't Terrible, and let my brain rest because I didn't think of the 'ooziana connection.

• BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Booth to Clemson - committed

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Shiloh Saunders as a preferred walk on if there’s no spot for him in the class & no other big programs (FSU, A&M, Oregon, Nebraska, etc) can guarantee him a scholarship. Deion would probably be on board and it may help with Shedeur, EJ Smith, and Cine. Thoughts @cf_ugaman @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson ?

Who needs a scholly when you got Neon Deion Sanders footing the bill B)

@tiger_62082 said:
    Shiloh Saunders as a preferred walk on if there’s no spot for him in the class & no other big programs (FSU, A&M, Oregon, Nebraska, etc) can guarantee him a scholarship. Deion would probably be on board and it may help with Shedeur, EJ Smith, and Cine. Thoughts @cf_ugaman @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson ?

Man, I would be all for it. I don’t see how he doesn’t get a big offer after or during the season. I’m hoping that maybe it puts a little chip on his shoulder and he says “I want to earn a spot on colleges biggest stage, the SEC and show I’m not just a name but a player at UGA”, and earns a ship.

Oregon and Nebraska have offered but I don’t know what the mutual interest levels are between player and school.

I’m surprised that FSU has not offered, as he is a legacy and they just hosted the younger brother over the weekend.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Man, I would be all for it. I don’t see how he doesn’t get a big offer after or during the season. I’m hoping that maybe it puts a little chip on his shoulder and he says “I want to earn a spot on colleges biggest stage, the SEC and show I’m not just a name but a player at UGA”, and earns a ship.

Oregon and Nebraska have offered but I don’t know what the mutual interest levels are between player and school.

I’m surprised that FSU has not offered, as he is a legacy and they just hosted the younger brother over the weekend.

I suspect that his offers from Nebraska and Oregon are a lot like ours - of the mass, rather than committable, variety. (Oregon has really loaded up in the secondary as has FSU). I do agree with you on him putting it all together this year and having good tape & receiving firm ships.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

4 - Emery Jr
    10 - Brown 2021 WR

Thanks much Okay Hankton, 'cause of the LA thing. Got it! I knew #4 wasn't Terrible, and let my brain rest because I didn't think of the 'ooziana connection.

Coach Hankton looks like he has some seriously long fingers!!

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod
  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    DJ Daniel???

i think we’ve been saying DJ Daniel since the start of summer. lol might as well keep saying it bc every time we do another big commitment comes.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    DJ Daniel???

i think we’ve been saying DJ Daniel since the start of summer. lol might as well keep saying it bc every time we do another big commitment comes.

I believe he’s an early August commit

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@brentwilson said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    DJ Daniel???

I think he's waiting for his moment in the spotlight too...didn't get to do all this last time around

@tiger_62082 said:
    Two recruits who were kind of on the periphery popped elsewhere this weekend: DL Etinosa Reuben to Clemson and OT Javonne Shepherd to the real UT (Texas). Etinosa came on an official a few months ago but I hadn’t heard much about him and Georgia since. He was highly recruited despite being a three ⭐️. Supposedly Pittman really wanted Shepherd in this class and saw him as an ideal anchor tackle. They were really trying to get him to visit Athens. One thing to keep an eye on going forward regarding Shepherd is that he’s high school teammates with super 2020 prospects, RB Zachary Evans and WR Demond Demas (who visited Georgia this weekend). They’ve all talked about the possibility of playing together on the next level. Interesting story to keep track of going forward because the Dawgs, Horns, & Aggies want both Evans and Demas & their interest in all three programs is high.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Two recruits who were kind of on the periphery popped elsewhere this weekend: DL Etinosa Reuben to Clemson and OT Javonne Shepherd to the real UT (Texas). Etinosa came on an official a few months ago but I hadn’t heard much about him and Georgia since. He was highly recruited despite being a three ⭐️. Supposedly Pittman really wanted Shepherd in this class and saw him as an ideal anchor tackle. They were really trying to get him to visit Athens. One thing to keep an eye on going forward regarding Shepherd is that he’s high school teammates with super 2020 prospects, RB Zachary Evans and WR Demond Demas (who visited Georgia this weekend). They’ve all talked about the possibility of playing together on the next level. Interesting story to keep track of going forward because the Dawgs, Horns, & Aggies want both Evans and Demas & their interest in all three programs is high.

Good stuff. I know he retweeted Shepherd’s commitment and there’s a lot of pressure on him to join his teammate. Got to like where we stand right now. 2020 is deep in quality RBs & WRs. https://n.rivals.com/news/no-1-defensive-tackle-ishmael-sopsher-names-lucky-seven-

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@tiger_62082 said:

I want him to have a commitable offer. The tape just shows sooooo much talent. But I think there has to be too many moving parts with his offer. Like where is EJ on the RB priority list next season and where does Shadeur rank on the QB list. Bit I agree if he is a PWO he will earn his scholly by year 3.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

Yea I think that we could make that happen. @tiger_62082

This discussion has been closed.