Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    @YaleDawg Nobody cares that you didn’t go to Yale, bro. But it’s a bad look for us to have you running around acting like you did, when you didn’t...

Are you ok? It's a serious question. You seem distraught

No, I’m felling fine. I’m just trying to let you know you can drop the Yale act. Nobody cares you didn’t go there. There board isn’t a brainiac competition to see who the smartest is. The only loose requirement is that you be a Dawg fan.

@WCDawg - be honest. Yale is a tough school to get into. Does “YaleDawg” seem in any way shape or form bright enough to have gotten into Yale?

You are beyond childish

The quicker you give up the Yale shtick the better you’ll look. If you drag it out you’re gonna look silly after awhile.

I've never seen someone so triggered over a screen name before. It's just something unique about myself + dawg. I'm not sure how it's a schtick. I don't post things about yale or try to make myself seem superior because I went to school there. I'm very good in one particular field I was trained in but I know my limits. I've already said many other members on this forum are more knowledgeable concerning football. Plumbers are smarter than me when it comes to toilets, mechanics with cars, and electricians with wiring a house. Those people are likely more important for a functioning society than me. Just worry about yourself from now on.

Funny Story
    I played 2 years of juco baseball at a small community college in Albany, GA called Darton College. The summer before I enrolled, I played on an American Legion team. After a hit, I'd get to first base and the first basemen would spark up some small talk like "Hey man, where are you going to school next year?" When I'd say Darton, probably 90% of the time, people thought I was saying Dartmouth. LMAO. So I just started to go with it and it became a huge joke at the school because apparently it happened to a lot of other guys. I just thought it was hilarious people thought I was going to play baseball at Dartmouth and they'd be like dang dude you must be so smart and I'm just like haha you have no idea buddy. People definitely look at you different if they think you're ivy league, not sure what it is. Good times..

Lol I'd take advantage of it given the situation. At least for grad school we were all just normal people that are really good at one thing but we are aware of the stereotype that the undergrad population brings. They are a lot of rich kids that have more opportunities than everyone else. They really are pampered

What's the one field you are the best in? I'm still searching for mine. It might lie in "day planning".

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    @YaleDawg Nobody cares that you didn’t go to Yale, bro. But it’s a bad look for us to have you running around acting like you did, when you didn’t...

No, I’m felling fine. I’m just trying to let you know you can drop the Yale act. Nobody cares you didn’t go there. There board isn’t a brainiac competition to see who the smartest is. The only loose requirement is that you be a Dawg fan.

@WCDawg - be honest. Yale is a tough school to get into. Does “YaleDawg” seem in any way shape or form bright enough to have gotten into Yale?

You are beyond childish

The quicker you give up the Yale shtick the better you’ll look. If you drag it out you’re gonna look silly after awhile.

I've never seen someone so triggered over a screen name before. It's just something unique about myself + dawg. I'm not sure how it's a schtick. I don't post things about yale or try to make myself seem superior because I went to school there. I'm very good in one particular field I was trained in but I know my limits. I've already said many other members on this forum are more knowledgeable concerning football. Plumbers are smarter than me when it comes to toilets, mechanics with cars, and electricians with wiring a house. Those people are likely more important for a functioning society than me. Just worry about yourself from now on.

Funny Story
    I played 2 years of juco baseball at a small community college in Albany, GA called Darton College. The summer before I enrolled, I played on an American Legion team. After a hit, I'd get to first base and the first basemen would spark up some small talk like "Hey man, where are you going to school next year?" When I'd say Darton, probably 90% of the time, people thought I was saying Dartmouth. LMAO. So I just started to go with it and it became a huge joke at the school because apparently it happened to a lot of other guys. I just thought it was hilarious people thought I was going to play baseball at Dartmouth and they'd be like dang dude you must be so smart and I'm just like haha you have no idea buddy. People definitely look at you different if they think you're ivy league, not sure what it is. Good times..

Lol I'd take advantage of it given the situation. At least for grad school we were all just normal people that are really good at one thing but we are aware of the stereotype that the undergrad population brings. They are a lot of rich kids that have more opportunities than everyone else. They really are pampered

What's the one field you are the best in? I'm still searching for mine. It might lie in "day planning".

I will be intentionally vague and leave it at life sciences

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

Well, that narrows it a little. Are you a teacher and/or a researcher?

• Options

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

Well, that narrows it a little. Are you a teacher and/or a researcher?

Research

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

Did we really come from apes?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

Being intentionally vague is a good idea. It makes it easier to play the shtick.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

No but we did diverge from a common ancestor. Also vaccines dont cause autism and GMOs are not bad for your health.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@RxDawg said:
    I'm actually beginning to think your trolling.

Holy cow WC is a good poster...

He completely had me fooled.

Who keeps driving ridiculous political positions like this on a football board? Why the hell would I take that seriously?

Can’t believe WC got me.

You are clueless..or worse. Name a political position I have.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

If you guys believe in creationism I'll just stop trying to get through, that would be definitive proof of mental illness.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@RxDawg said:

Who keeps driving ridiculous political positions like this on a football board? Why the hell would I take that seriously?

Can’t believe WC got me.

All I know is your trolling positions like “orange man is bad!”. I don’t know your actual positions.

• Options

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@RxDawg said:

Can’t believe WC got me.

All I know is your trolling positions like “orange man is bad!”. I don’t know your actual positions.

Orange man is un-American, that is certainly not a good thing for a president to be.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@RxDawg said:

Can’t believe WC got me.

Orange man is un-American, that is certainly not a good thing for a president to be.

America’s president is un-American! Only WC could type that in with a straight face...

Was Trump born in Kenya or something?

• Options

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@RxDawg said:

Can’t believe WC got me.

America’s president is un-American! Only WC could type that in with a straight face...

Was Trump born in Kenya or something?

I'm debating a child.
    Have a great day.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

If you guys believe in creationism I'll just stop trying to get through, that would be definitive proof of mental illness.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but from NAMI.org the definition of mental illness is " a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day." So by that definition if we beat bama by 20 on Saturday, my feeling, mood and function will absolutely be affected by my "condition" lol.

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

No but we did diverge from a common ancestor. Also vaccines dont cause autism and GMOs are not bad for your health.

I was just busting your balls bud. I'd love to be able to pick your brain on some of your research.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

@WCDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

Not saying I agree or disagree, but from NAMI.org the definition of mental illness is " a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day." So by that definition if we beat bama by 20 on Saturday, my feeling, mood and function will absolutely be affected by my "condition" lol.

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

You are beyond childish

Funny Story

I was just busting your balls bud. I'd love to be able to pick your brain on some of your research.

Go ahead

• Options

The president's ability to issue pardons has become a problem.
    As with all democratic processes this president only views them as tools to either be utilized to his favor or discarded.
    He is now making public statements about potentially pardoning all the key players in The Russia probe at the hour it seemed Manafort and others would testify against him. As soon as this was made known Manafort made it known he wouldn't cooperate with the prosecution.

If you don't have a problem with this you don't respect our system of laws and justice.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The government's ability to selectively investigate people and ruin their lives with bureaucracy, perjury entrapment's, and legal costs has become a problem. The powerful is now protecting it's own. The government is now bigger then it's people.

If you don't have a problem with this you support tyranny and no longer value freedom.

• Options

@RxDawg said:
    The government's ability to selectively investigate people and ruin their lives with bureaucracy, perjury entrapment's, and legal costs has become a problem. The powerful is now protecting it's own. The government is now bigger then it's people.

If you don't have a problem with this you support tyranny and no longer value freedom.

You clearly will go along with anything Trump does...sit boy..sit.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Rabbit hole, hell, this thing is right through the looking glass!

• Options
    edited November 2018

@Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Rabbit hole, hell, this thing is right through the looking glass!

It's really scary to witness just how far a large percentage of Americans are willing to follow this man into previously unacceptable areas. It lets me know it is very possible for this country to lose it's way and turn it's back on our foundation.