Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Drama with Godwin?

Comments

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Geez, she is throwing serious shade. I can’t take this woman seriously when she is being this passive aggressive.

She needs to knock that zhit off...

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Polynikes said:

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Geez, she is throwing serious shade. I can’t take this woman seriously when she is being this passive aggressive.

Yeah.... I mean I don’t have any insider information but it’s prwtty obvious to me this is just an over confident, jaded woman being immature on social media as a way to vent over whatever situation she is going through.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Polynikes said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

Won't happen she has an audience now. This is EXACTLY why this board is the ONLY social media account I have.

• BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can someone else verify, but I just tried to check her account and it appears to have been deleted

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BengalDawg said:
    Can someone else verify, but I just tried to check her account and it appears to have been deleted

I checked as well. I'm sure that someone told her to get her **** together, that we didn't need this type of distraction the week of the SECCG.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

@BengalDawg said:

I checked as well. I'm sure that someone told her to get her **** together, that we didn't need this type of distraction the week of the SECCG.

Bout time.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@amjadawgs said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@chattdawg27 said:
    Kirby says every week that the best will play... So what’s that tell ya??? Godwin clearly isn’t the best receiver on the team, hell not even top 4. This isn’t peewee league, & your mama can’t do anything about it.

Terry may well be the best on the team, but there are others in the running.

Agreed, WCDawg. A healthy Terry Godwin probably is our most complete wide receiver, but that still wouldn't necessarily result in the QB throwing him the ball more than anyone else.

We need to figure out why we never have receivers with good stats.

Frankly I wouldn't want my 5 star WR son to sign with a program that won't get the ball to him like other elite programs.
    It's an odd situation where not even AJ Green put up elite stats, our coaches need to consider this in my opinion.

“Elite stats” as a college WR “does not equal” “NFL potential.” If you have the potential, the NFL will find you. I think it’s pretty safe to say, barring unforeseen injury, Godwin, Mecole, Holloman and Ridley will have their chance to play on Sundays.

Name a 1st round receiver who didn't have elite stats in college though. Same with RBs. AJ didn't have truly elite stats for various reasons, but Terry having under 400 yards his senior season does matter.

It has been pointed out that AJ Green never had a 1000 yard season. Were his stats considered "elite"? Not sure what the definition of elite is.

Apparently AJ had elite stats, but he didn't have elite stats. According to WC,:

1> no WR has ever been drafted in the first round that did not have elite stats,

2> AJ did not have elite stats,

3> but we all know that AJ was one of the top pics in the first round the year he came out. He was even a couple of picks before Julio Jones. According to WC, that would mean both AJ and Julio had elite stats since no WR has ever been drafted in the first round. that did not have elite stats Very confusing.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:
    She may know something yall dont know.is this worst than yall mf at your son's lil league games crying about how your kid's not playing enough?

"yall mf"....can you clarify before I comment?

You know what my means.but it's directed to the ones thats going at the guy's mother.we don't know what Terry is telling her so to say she's only worried about a check is wrong.coaches lie all the time to players.this staff is no different from the rest

LOL. SMH.

Better watch out @Bankwalker. You will be labeled a racist lmao

How?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ChicagoDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@amjadawgs said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@chattdawg27 said:
    Kirby says every week that the best will play... So what’s that tell ya??? Godwin clearly isn’t the best receiver on the team, hell not even top 4. This isn’t peewee league, & your mama can’t do anything about it.

Agreed, WCDawg. A healthy Terry Godwin probably is our most complete wide receiver, but that still wouldn't necessarily result in the QB throwing him the ball more than anyone else.

Frankly I wouldn't want my 5 star WR son to sign with a program that won't get the ball to him like other elite programs.
    It's an odd situation where not even AJ Green put up elite stats, our coaches need to consider this in my opinion.

“Elite stats” as a college WR “does not equal” “NFL potential.” If you have the potential, the NFL will find you. I think it’s pretty safe to say, barring unforeseen injury, Godwin, Mecole, Holloman and Ridley will have their chance to play on Sundays.

Name a 1st round receiver who didn't have elite stats in college though. Same with RBs. AJ didn't have truly elite stats for various reasons, but Terry having under 400 yards his senior season does matter.

It has been pointed out that AJ Green never had a 1000 yard season. Were his stats considered "elite"? Not sure what the definition of elite is.

Apparently AJ had elite stats, but he didn't have elite stats. According to WC,:

1> no WR has ever been drafted in the first round that did not have elite stats,

3> but we all know that AJ was one of the top pics in the first round the year he came out. He was even a couple of picks before Julio Jones. According to WC, that would mean both AJ and Julio had elite stats since no WR has ever been drafted in the first round. that did not have elite stats Very confusing.

@ChicagoDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@amjadawgs said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@chattdawg27 said:

Sorry, maybe your mother will hold your hand and walk you through the finer points.

edited November 2018

@Catfish said:
    Terry catches the go ahead TD with 32 secs to go. Hot Rod then punches the kick off through the end zone and into the 11th row. Refs enforce a brand new "Bammer rule" and place the ball at the 50 for "kicking too far". Tuaer throws 45 yard strike to himself and scores the winning TD just to show QB2 that he had the right idea against GT. TG5 goes to Atlanta where he has a long career. Hey it's just as crazy.

Terry should be the easiest receiver to hit because he gets quick separation and runs very good routes. Those are the qualities Bama's receivers have that make Tua's job easier.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Dawg1419 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:
    She may know something yall dont know.is this worst than yall mf at your son's lil league games crying about how your kid's not playing enough?

You know what my means.but it's directed to the ones thats going at the guy's mother.we don't know what Terry is telling her so to say she's only worried about a check is wrong.coaches lie all the time to players.this staff is no different from the rest

LOL. SMH.

Race had nothing to do with it.you bringing up when i called some out so what.it was the truth if it touched you to remember lol.itd ok tho. All i said was how do we know what's going on maybe Terry told his mom something.and we all would fight for our kids
    Some just do it in lil league games also

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@BoroDawg said:

@BengalDawg said:

Probably her son, after taking classes at the Rodrigo Blankenship School of Parental PR Management.

Spot on.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I just checked, we have 23 players listed as receivers, Bama has 18, Clemson has 14. I wouldn't mind rethinking our approach a bit. The next most receivers listed of the current top 10 ranked teams is OSU's 19.

What the heck do we need 23 WR's for??? Not when we have serious issues at IDL and ILB!

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do you realize how small of a chance a receiver has to go over 1000 yards in our current offense. This is neither good nor bad, just what it is. Fromm is currently averaging about 185 yards a game. If we play 14 games that is about 2600 yards. If we play 15 games that is close to 2800 yards. That would mean one guy would have to have around 35% of the yards thrown. With Terry, Holloman, Ridley, Nauta, simmonds, hardman and several others, we have way too much talent to have one guy get 35% of passing yards. Not to mention, we have been blowing a lot of teams out these last two years, so we run the clock down without passing too much.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

LOL. SMH.

How?

You’re a racist.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

LOL. SMH.

Race had nothing to do with it.you bringing up when i called some out so what.it was the truth if it touched you to remember lol.itd ok tho. All i said was how do we know what's going on maybe Terry told his mom something.and we all would fight for our kids
    Some just do it in lil league games also

So u skipped.typing Classes 2?just guessing/

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@WCDawg said:
    I just checked, we have 23 players listed as receivers, Bama has 18, Clemson has 14. I wouldn't mind rethinking our approach a bit. The next most receivers listed of the current top 10 ranked teams is OSU's 19.

What the heck do we need 23 WR's for??? Not when we have serious issues at IDL and ILB!

It does seem excessive.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All 23 WRs aren’t on scholarship, at least 8 of them are walk-ons.