Home Get started: Welcome to the DawgNation Forum
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

New Member Orientation: Greetings to all the new recruits

Comments

• enrique_murillo83enrique_murillo83 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

@jh30906 said:
    Well, this is my second post here. I am proud to be a member of Dawg nation. I probably wont post much because I don't like to argue with my fellow dawg fans. {Alot of people here seem to enjoy this } I truly believe we have turned the corner with CKS and greater things are ahead. I look forward to every game with a Bud lite and positive attitude. Nobody ever really wins a fight, Especially when we fight among ourselves. God bless, Go DAWGS!!

I am not one of those people and you can always tune those others out. I'd like to hear what you have to say. Stay positive brother as that is the only a true fan should be. Go Dawgs!

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jh30906 said:
    Well, this is my second post here. I am proud to be a member of Dawg nation. I probably wont post much because I don't like to argue with my fellow dawg fans. {Alot of people here seem to enjoy this } I truly believe we have turned the corner with CKS and greater things are ahead. I look forward to every game with a Bud lite and positive attitude. Nobody ever really wins a fight, Especially when we fight among ourselves. God bless, Go DAWGS!!

I dunno man, I generally don't see very many fights. Just some good natured disagreements. It's been a while since I've seen a fight here. Speak with confidence and joy!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RetiredRedcoat said:

@jh30906 said:

I dunno man, I generally don't see very many fights. Just some good natured disagreements. It's been a while since I've seen a fight here. Speak with confidence and joy!

We have football to keep us sane now lol

• DooleyDooley Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

First time caller long time listener...
    From Buffalo NY, Dad went to UGA in the 60's so pulling for UGA started with him, and now to me and my kids.
    Was on another DAWG board, and finally got to get to Athens for a game with my family vs. Nichols State....close one there

Loved Athens and hope to get back in a year or so

Like the game day threads, recruiting info etc. Check in to DAWGNATION daily for my fix so figured why not try the forum

Got to see UGA win the Natty in 80, yes I'm old...hope to see it again soon with my boys.

• DooleyDooley Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

@christopherules said:

@Dooley said:
    First time caller long time listener...
    From Buffalo NY, Dad went to UGA in the 60's so pulling for UGA started with him, and now to me and my kids.
    Was on another DAWG board, and finally got to get to Athens for a game with my family vs. Nichols State....close one there

Loved Athens and hope to get back in a year or so

Like the game day threads, recruiting info etc. Check in to DAWGNATION daily for my fix so figured why not try the forum

Got to see UGA win the Natty in 80, yes I'm old...hope to see it again soon with my boys.

@Dooley Ditto here sir, ditto!! I was introduced to UGA football by my late father in 1970 (I was just 7) & have been a lifelong fan ever since. At my age it's hard to believe that I (once again) started a whole little family, & have been working very hard to "raise them right", even though we live in San Diego... our family bleeds red & black - GO DAWGS!!!

that's awesome

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great games I saw were 1978 Tech, 1980 Jax, many others. But also saw our worst beat downs: 1977 KY (Prince of England was there) and Visor Boy running up the score in Athens (early 90s?). During those beatdowns I stayed for every play, never shutting up and giving it to nearby opposing fans. Intel on this Board is great and modern tech is great. In mid 80s I moved to the West Coast and tried to get the AJC mailed. Very college football starved. Worse than insulting other Georgia fans over the Internet is to express dismay to recruits if they are making decisions for themselves that do not satisfy us.

• jh30906jh30906 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

@enrique_murillo83 said:

@jh30906 said:

I am not one of those people and you can always tune those others out. I'd like to hear what you have to say. Stay positive brother as that is the only a true fan should be. Go Dawgs!
    See current post on this forum. Meltdown??. Everyone needs to calm down, Pump the brakes as they say. We got a lot of football to play and we are not out of this yet. Auburn last year anyone? We still got important games to play. Please don't give up yet.

• jh30906jh30906 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

I am sorry @Enrique. I am not good at editing things. I am trying to learn how to use the board. Don't give up guys. It isn't over yet :)

• 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hi-First post. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@706Dawg - Welcome. I won't ask where you live for privacy reasons, but before I moved (fairly recently) was in Chatsworth...so a hello to you.

• 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@kelly_b said:
    @706Dawg - Welcome. I won't ask where you live for privacy reasons, but before I moved (fairly recently) was in Chatsworth...so a hello to you.

I know it well. Thank you for the welcome.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    I think I'm going to come up with a "Forum Member of the Month" contest for October.

Hang out. Be cool. Contribute mightily. Make us laugh. Make us think. We'll do a poll from the top 4 finalists at the end of the month.

I will make sure the winner gets one of those new "DawgNation Invasion" T-shirts for LSU weekend and whatever else I can round up as well.

When can nycdawg get his T-shirt? He's made us laugh plenty this month.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not tweet so if you please can help me share this with DogNation or DawgNation, thanks

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@christopherules said:

@JeffSentell said:
    (Woila) -- I just created a new basketball category for our valued DawgNation forum members.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/categories/basketball

Just IMHO... & FWIW HC Tom Crean is going to take the Georgia Men's Basketball program to places that it has never been, & IN A GOOD WAY!!!

@FirePlugDawg @JeffSentell brought this topic up inside of this very thread, & I responded directly to @JeffSentell on this very thread directly to his posting. Then @kelly_b even gave me an UP vote. Why would you want vote me "off topic", when my response was to @JeffSentell????

I removed it. Donno what that was about. Perhaps I meant to quote (button next to OT) and got distracted? I enjoy your posts @christopherules in the main (no one's perfect).

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

When this first went up, I thought there would be some instructions/guidelines as to how to do things. Not everything is intuitive, like, how to get rid of drafts, or strategies, such as marking a bad comment you prepared but not posted, as a draft and then deleting the saved draft. Also tips as in, if you start an OP, you cannot get rid of it (to my knowledge), so you should likely draft your post off-line, then paste it into the OP once you are sure it is what you want to say/should say it. You can edit your unintended post or comment with 'nm' for no message or some other weak-ass excuse for wasting our time. You have an hour to edit. Might be good to look at your post / comment after it is posted.

Also information as to the mechanics of the DV, UV (any?), Off-Topic, Flags ( SPAM, Abuse, and Report). That 5 is the critical number for DVs - that is, 5 greater than any UVs, which will 'hide' comments unless the comment 'stub' is clicked on. (Has no effect on Posts to my knowledge). Have no idea what the effect of SPAM, ABUSE or Report is but I'm only a Graduate poster of less than 8? months tenure. And, some are and not bothered by DVs and Off-Topic marks.

And another tip would be that if one has a political thought - as Ron White would say about homophobia - LET IT GO. I will certainly HATE YOUR GUTS if you spout even a little politics, although I won't always make a case of it. Also that most bad language is blocked but can be circumvented by using a dash or a transparent homophone, like chit for s-hit.

Maybe say that one should select the correct category to post in, and should make at least a cursory look to see if someone has recently posted something similar (look after you refresh your view, if applicable). Have no idea of the value of Tags, but they are available, either ones that pop up, or any new one you choose to add.

By tradition, not many emojis are used, but there is no restriction on them. Some like to punctuate their commentary and OPs with GIFs and other image types. 🎪

A spellcheck or noticing and correctig poor spelling prior to posting is appreciated by many, but being pig-headed about this is no bar to making your lmiitations be evidet to all. (Irony, people.) And some fancy themselves as English language magistrates, but f-em as long as your intent is clear.

Enjoy the site for the intended purpose as Jeff says and all will be Jake (or Justin - just sayin').

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@christopherules said:

@JeffSentell said:
    (Woila) -- I just created a new basketball category for our valued DawgNation forum members.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/categories/basketball

Just IMHO... & FWIW HC Tom Crean is going to take the Georgia Men's Basketball program to places that it has never been, & IN A GOOD WAY!!!

@FirePlugDawg @JeffSentell brought this topic up inside of this very thread, & I responded directly to @JeffSentell on this very thread directly to his posting. Then @kelly_b even gave me an UP vote. Why would you want vote me "off topic", when my response was to @JeffSentell????

I removed it. Donno what that was about. Perhaps I meant to quote (button next to OT) and got distracted? I enjoy your posts @christopherules in the main (no one's perfect).

FPD - I feel you. Just did a similar thing and don't have a clue as to how it happened other than sh!t happens.