Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

I think his decision will tell us where we stand with Neal or Wright

I think he goes Michigan now. Wiltfong just dropped his CB. UGA has all but disappeared from the CBs.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

Good luck to the young man, Mr Keegan

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I almost don't want to put this out there but what if:

• Cain goes to Texas
    • Sanders stays at Bama
    • Keegan goes to UM
    • Dean & Webb pick Bama
    • Haselwood is a Hurricane
    • Wright ends up in Knoxville

Who are the back up plans?
    What does this do to class ranking?
    Is this even possible?

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@DGDinNYC said:

• Cain goes to Texas
    • Sanders stays at Bama
    • Keegan goes to UM
    • Dean & Webb pick Bama

Is this even possible?

I can only reply that your post looks like it is fingertip grab just on the cusp of going totally off the cliff. Heaven forbid we even think once about it much less twice.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I apologize.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DGDinNYC said:

it's all good. these are possible scenarios. I'm sure the staff has a "next best available" for each guy, however I'm feeling really good about Webb, Dean, Cain (if Holyfield leaves), and after @JeffSentell 's about Haselwood today I like our chances with him too.

• Options
    BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

@brentwilson said:

@DGDinNYC said:

it's all good. these are possible scenarios. I'm sure the staff has a "next best available" for each guy, however I'm feeling really good about Webb, Dean, Cain (if Holyfield leaves), and after @JeffSentell 's about Haselwood today I like our chances with him too.

Sanders - Strong Bama lean would be shocking if he went to UGA
    Dean - Current Bama lean
    Webb - Noone knows on this front, a lot of Bama folks believe he will stay in state. I personally believe UGA
    Wright - UGA currently in 3rd with Wright, but could be in the driver seat depending on what happens 12/19.

I have no idea about Cain and Haselwood or Keegan. This may seem like a death scenario but is really not far fetched.

• Options
    BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Kasey said:

@thebamaWay2 said:

@12ed said:
    thebamaGay try to make a post in this thread? "Most recent by thebamaWay"

Looks like his comments are inaccessible on his account too.

He mad Clay Webb is a dawg and can't say nothing about it. Too bad.

Nope said that bama fans are laughing at the fact that @SoFL_Dawg would put Webb in a class prediction and that there is zero chance Webb signs with UGA. There is absolutely no reason to think Webb would sign with UGA and he’s actually playing y’all, I’ve heard he simply doing what Saban ask and Y’all will end up missing on a target thinking y’all have a shot at Webb. Y’all are no better then UF fans.

B)B)

Love to say I told you so

Any Bama person that says Webb is a lock is trolling. Nobody knows. Staff doesn't even have an inkling right now. I think he ends up at UGA, but no Bama or Dawg knows. I am not even sure if Webb knows right now.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@DGDinNYC said:

• Cain goes to Texas
    • Sanders stays at Bama
    • Keegan goes to UM
    • Dean & Webb pick Bama

Is this even possible?

It's quite simple.

We group sign a letter of grievances to Kirby and commit ritual mass suicide. There's simply nothing to live for if this happens. Afterwards we won't have to worry about back up plans or class rankings.

I lold so freaking hard it hurts, where do you come up with this chit?

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@BarkingDawg1987 said:

@brentwilson said:

@DGDinNYC said:

Sanders - Strong Bama lean would be shocking if he went to UGA
    Dean - Current Bama lean
    Webb - Noone knows on this front, a lot of Bama folks believe he will stay in state. I personally believe UGA
    Wright - UGA currently in 3rd with Wright, but could be in the driver seat depending on what happens 12/19.

I have no idea about Cain and Haselwood or Keegan. This may seem like a death scenario but is really not far fetched.

Most regular readers around here already know most of this:

Sanders - A lean right now to Bama, wouldn't be shocking at all to see UGA move to the drivers seat with a good visit this weekend. He's not 100% sold on Bama quite yet; and we have Dell McGee, are RBU, and are still running the ball at a high rate...unlike Bama for all 3 of those.

Dean - AmericusDawg says UGA. He's been very, very, very, dependable over the years. And if anyone doesn't know who Americus is, then ya don't know much about UGA recruiting :*

Webb - see above.

Wright - speculation has been UGA is in the lead for weeks due to his knowledge playing time is available. Both of our starting OT's are projected to enter the draft next year and both Wright and Neal have seen how much playing time Cade Mays got this year, how badly we need stud OT's, and that we have the best OL coach in the country. The feeling is we have told Keegan to back off since we are confident in at least Wright, and/or possibly Evan Neal. We had an in-home with Keegan today and not long after Wiltfong put in his CB for Keegan to Michigan. Meaning our staff feels great about landing one of Wright or Neal.

Cain - as most around here already know, he wants in as long as Holyfield is going to the draft, which seems likely. He was sold on that "Swift" role as the 3rd RB behind Chubb and Sony his freshman year; with Swift likely going pro for Cain's sophomore season which would open up more carries for him. That's also going to be the pitch for Sanders, and this weekend will tell the staff how receptive he is to that. The feeling is Cain is a Dawg, unless Sanders wants to be a Dawg and takes that 2nd RB spot.

• Options
    BradDogBradDog Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

People still doubting kirby on the trail... :#:#

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BradDog said:
    People still doubting kirby on the trail... :#:#

Smh.... he keeps proving his is one of the G.O.A.Ts at recruiting.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How confident are we with Dean? We are saying we are getting Dean and so are the Gumps on their forum.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@jay_kubzz said:
    How confident are we with Dean? We are saying we are getting Dean and so are the Gumps on their forum.

Apparently someone named AmericusDawg (who knows things) believes Dean will side with the good guys

This discussion has been closed.