Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anybody offended by

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited January 2019 in Off Topic

Comments

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The message behind it doesn't

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@BoroDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

I'm tired of being lectured to by the Left! The images of men's behavior was absolutely pathetic and insulting. I wouldn't accept Gillette razors if they offered me a lifetime supply for free.

That’ll learn ‘em!!

Actually, it will. Ask Dick’s Sporting Goods how well they’ve been doing since they quit selling fire arms. Money talks and if you demonize your target consumer, your profit will disappear. I’m pretty sure 99.99% of men don’t wake up in the mornings thinking about how they’re going to sexually assault or bully someone that day. But yes, boys WILL be boys, and they should be allowed to act like boys.

http://fortune.com/2018/03/13/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-tumbling/

Looks like it's a bit more than just guns.

Also these boycotts have a tendency to flame out when the new outrage comes into vogue. Remember how the libz were gonna shut down Christian Chicken because a Christian man had the audacity to explain his fundamentalist beliefs? Yeah, hasn't happened. Hasn't even happened in NYC, where we make that gawd-awful salsa those cowboys always complain about. In fact, the largest Christian Chicken is in this town.

Plus that Nike stock seems to be doing ok for the most part since Mute-hammad Ali started his little campaign. I'm sure Gillette will be fine once all this blows over

• Stingray2112Stingray2112 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is wrong with a message that it's not ok to be a punk? If you don't think that kid's learn this hyper masculine bullying behavior from adults you are kidding yourself. I teach high school and see this every day. What is wrong with a company sending the message that we are better than that?

And why are we discussing this on a sports message board?

• BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

lost me, i'll be moving on to the dollar shave club

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattdawg probably bought stock in gillette after seeing the commercial. Bunch of FPAJers.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The post was just Bait to lure out all the ultra right wing Neanderthals who find it offensive to be a gentleman, good husband , good father, protector of the weak and overall decent human. Looks like I know who’s who now. Sick world we live in when something like this is triggering and offensive. Don’t shave be the cavemen that you are. Anyway Go Dawgs!

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    The post was just Bait to lure out all the ultra right wing Neanderthals who find it offensive to be a gentleman, good husband , good father, protector of the weak and overall decent human. Looks like I know who’s who now. Sick world we live in when something like this is triggering and offensive. Don’t shave be the cavemen that you are. Anyway Go Dawgs!

That, or you could have just gotten the complete opposite reaction you thought you would and are now back-peddling.

Nope check my track record

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually, I am a gentleman and a morally sound human being. I just think it’s incredibly wreckless and asinine for a razor company to say that any man who is masculine is a bully, rapist, and generally a bad person. Boys roughhouse because they’re boys and they’re trying to find their way and as long as no one is getting hurt, it shouldn’t be a problem. Seems to me that the problem is there are far too many men being raised by single mothers without a strong male presence and they grow up to be beta males.

• Stingray2112Stingray2112 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BoroDawg said:
    Actually, I am a gentleman and a morally sound human being. I just think it’s incredibly wreckless and asinine for a razor company to say that any man who is masculine is a bully, rapist, and generally a bad person. Boys roughhouse because they’re boys and they’re trying to find their way and as long as no one is getting hurt, it shouldn’t be a problem. Seems to me that the problem is there are far too many men being raised by single mothers without a strong male presence and they grow up to be beta males.

I wonder how many player on our beloved UGA team were raised by single mothers. I suppose being raised by single moms makes you weak.