Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What you watch during the off season?

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@JRT812 said:
    Well a few things. Supercross started a few weeks ago. Oh, season three of True Detective stated two weeks ago and it’s really good so far

Just watched Murder Mountain on Netflix and it’s worth a gander.

As Kasey bro stated nothing wrong with a good book either. Currently reading, Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Bro was in the Air Force, Seals and also became a Ranger. He now runs ultra Marathons. He currently has the title of one bad ass man

Oh, check out the Last American Man. It’s about Eustace Conway. Also a bad ass man, but in a totally different way

Read last American man years ago and enjoyed it. Currently reading a book about Freddie Mercury and it’s hard to put down

Ive got a picture of me next to his statue in Montreux. It was foggy one day we were there, which was the setting when Deep Purple wrote Smoke on the Water in the same place.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Watch NHL especially Nashville Predators.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you have HBO I’d suggest giving Succession a shot. It’s about a Rupert Murdoch type and his scheming kids. I got hooked after an episode or two. It IS partially written by the guy who did the Cheney movie out right now so a possible trigger warning for sensitive conservative types lol. Of course he also directed Anchorman, Stepbrothers, and Talladega Nights which probably just made some more right leaning fans of those pics throw up in their mouths.

Even if it’s not your thing if you haven’t already I’d consider watching Game of Thrones. It’s pure fluff, but it’s well done and there’s a reason it’s like the most pirated show ever. It’s not as big an investment to catch up on as a lot of shows as the episodes are so pricey that they don’t make as many. Final season is coming out and while I totally understand the backlash against anything too popular, it is going to be hard to avoid hearing about GoT. Might be a can’t beat em so join em scenario. And it’s not like it’s boring.

I enjoyed Jack Ryan on Amazon, more entertaining fluff. Also if you have HBO and haven’t watched some of the classics like Sopranos, Deadwood(movie coming out at some point), the Wire, or others, the app has every episode of every show HBO has done.

The Ozarks as mentioned above is on my list. I have HBO, Amazon, and Netflix so there’s always a backlog of stuff for me to get to. I also watch a ton of documentaries, from history to current events. Amazon has a slightly better selection for what I’m looking for but Netflix has some too. The Netflix ones tend to be series like Making a Murderer and a John Grisham based one currently, while Amazon has a lot of BBC/British stuff and PBS stuff.

Oh, and if you have Netflix and just want something entertaining and over the top I recommend Narcos: Mexico. Loosely based on the guy who first formed the Mexican cartel system. It’s a joint US/Mexican production so it’s both English and Spanish with subtitles. Sex, Violence, and action galore.

@Tdub0199 said:
    Yeah, I'm not digging the purple and gold either....

Even worse aren’t those traditional New Orleans colors?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I’m figuring it’s possible college football fans might have other similar tastes? Anything good on TV these days now that there’s no college football?

And I’m sure a lot of you just watch other sports. But everybody already knows about basketball.

Anything out there worth watching we might not know about?

All I’m watching these days is I signed up for an HBO subscription to check out the series Sharp Objects. It’s not bad. Not great either.

college basketball...in particular UGA, because I'm a Dawg fan. UF because I consult with a sports psychologist who works with the Gators (don't hate on me for this) and U of TX because I consult with the same guy who works with them as well.

I also watch MLB channel to follow the Braves.

I'm trying to watch less TV so I generally do some rowing while the games are on so I don't feel like I'm wasting so much time.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Tdub0199 said:

Why didn’t they do black and yellow so you can combine both uga and gt? Would’ve made more sense

You just want Evans Knights’ colors.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Teddy said:

@Kasey said:

@Tdub0199 said:

Why didn’t they do black and yellow so you can combine both uga and gt? Would’ve made more sense

You just want Evans Knights’ colors.

You aren’t wrong

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm about to lose a tremendous amount of credibility with this post- I also coach high school softball and 14u select baseball.

Soooo - I actually enjoy watching college softball on TV - it's actually really good when you understand how the game is played.

And the Jack Ryan series on Amazon is really good.

Bodyguard on Netflix is fantastic.

Queer Eye if you wanna watch something with your lady. Fun show

@Kasey said:

I agree on Queer Eye. I have friends who probably wouldn’t watch it because they don’t like being exposed to gays but I thought it was funny and even touching at times. Particularly interesting because at least the first season was filmed in Georgia, often the small towns in an hour or so radius from Atlanta.

There was one where they went to “makeover” a Trump loving cop from Winder I believe and another with a big evangelical family. Of course it’s not for everyone(people who are threatened by or don’t like gays).

@scooterdawg said:

@Kasey said:

I agree on Queer Eye. I have friends who probably wouldn’t watch it because they don’t like being exposed to gays but I thought it was funny and even touching at times. Particularly interesting because at least the first season was filmed in Georgia, often the small towns in an hour or so radius from Atlanta.

There was one where they went to “makeover” a Trump loving cop from Winder I believe and another with a big evangelical family. Of course it’s not for everyone(people who are threatened by or don’t like gays).

All 16 episodes were filmed around Atlanta. It’s a great show. Maybe not for everyone here, but def something you can watch with a significant other

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Well a few things. Supercross started a few weeks ago. Oh, season three of True Detective stated two weeks ago and it’s really good so far

As Kasey bro stated nothing wrong with a good book either. Currently reading, Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Bro was in the Air Force, Seals and also became a Ranger. He now runs ultra Marathons. He currently has the title of one bad ass man

Oh, check out the Last American Man. It’s about Eustace Conway. Also a bad ass man, but in a totally different way

Supercoss , hoops and some golf when it’s good. Throw in a nascar race now and then. Not a big Indy car fan but the Texas race is always very good.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    @levander These are really all good ideas. Netflix is where my whole family resides pretty much. Hanging > @orlando said:

@JRT812 said:

Supercoss , hoops and some golf when it’s good. Throw in a nascar race now and then. Not a big Indy car fan but the Texas race is always very good.

Orlando bro happy to know its not just me that like moto. Bummed TN lost muddy creak but I’m happy to have Nashville on the Supercross schedule. Already have tickets and it’s so much closer. I still wish Muddy was on the circuit

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:
    I'm about to lose a tremendous amount of credibility with this post- I also coach high school softball and 14u select baseball.

Soooo - I actually enjoy watching college softball on TV - it's actually really good when you understand how the game is played.

My daughter plays SB and I am ever so grateful, because otherwise I might not have considered it's entertainment value. I always thought it was to baseball what the LPGA was to golf or the WNBA to Basketball (no offense intended), but SB, though very similar in rules, is unique to baseball in action, e.g. a SB player can run 60ft a lot quicker than a BB player can run 90ft. A team down by 5 in the last inning has a fighting chance to win. I've seen countless games where twelve runs were scored between teams in extra innings. Very exciting sport.

Unlike soccer (which I played but haven't the patience to watch).

I'd pizza bet that nobody on this forum could hit Kylie Bass, but I'm not a gambling man (and I wouldn't be surprised if my friend Alex is lurking).

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@christopherules said:
    @levander These are really all good ideas. Netflix is where my whole family resides pretty much. Hanging > @orlando said:

@JRT812 said:

Orlando bro happy to know its not just me that like moto. Bummed TN lost muddy creak but I’m happy to have Nashville on the Supercross schedule. Already have tickets and it’s so much closer. I still wish Muddy was on the circuit

Yeah sucks for Blountville but the Nashville stop should be good. SuperX season shaping up to be wide open this year.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I try and wrap up as many investigations in the offseason as possible.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can watch this in about 7 mins. Top Billin’s take on where to put Nate McBride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXeQX75u04

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:

Has season 2 started yet?

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it softball season? I’ve caught that on TV before and really liked it. I can’t watch baseball at all because it’s so slow. But even if the crowd is thin at those college softball games, you can tell what crowd is there is excited.

The only downside is you’ll be watching and expect to be able to check out the women like you can in beach volleyball. But there’s nothing to really checkout. They all wear there hair tied back and the uniforms are loose fitting.

If they sexed up college softball, you would have a massive hit i9n your hands. They’ve got a professional lingerie football league (or had one). Any enterprising DawgNation fans out there, I bet there’s more money in lingerie softball.

@Teddy said:
    You can watch this in about 7 mins. Top Billin’s take on where to put Nate McBride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXeQX75u04

I like it...I also thought he could be a good TE if we don't get another one on campus