Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What you watch during the off season?

Comments

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched making a murderer and had trouble giving a crap about the midwestern hicks to be honest. People talk ish about southern accents but I find even the most country one preferable to the rural Minnesota/Wisconsin type accent.

If I wanna hear lots of Ya's, ya betchas, and nasal accents I'll watch Fargo lol.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@texdawg said:

A bunch of stuff on Netflix. Just finished watching Peaky Blinders. What a great series... can't wait for Season 5 to start!

Peaky Blinders was really good.

My Netflix favorite was Longmire.

I haven't seen Longmire, I'll have to check it out. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes now, but I'm starting to sour on it.

Longmire is really good Casanova bro. Also check out mind hunters.

We watched Mindhunters and I agree, it was excellent.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    You can watch this in about 7 mins. Top Billin’s take on where to put Nate McBride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXeQX75u04

I've been saying this for the last two years. McBride needs to become a FB! I'm surprised Kirby and Chaney didn't figure that out.

Cant even imagine why they haven't made that move. It must have been apparent from McNride setting foot on campus two years ago. Maybe even before his first spring game. >:)

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:

A bunch of stuff on Netflix. Just finished watching Peaky Blinders. What a great series... can't wait for Season 5 to start!

Really liked Longmire also.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

If you like Longmire, you would like Justified on Amazon Prime. 2 of my favorites.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

If you like Longmire, you would like Justified on Amazon Prime. 2 of my favorites.

Thanks. Will check it out. Wife is a subscriber. Like the free shipping on orders also. Wife also liked Longmire. We would binge watch together.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

sopranos is also on amazon prime...decent show

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you are a Tom Selleck fan, there is a series of Jesse Stone movies that I think are his best work.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

I’ve watched justified twice all the way thru. Most excellent!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

Thanks. Will check it out. Wife is a subscriber. Like the free shipping on orders also. Wife also liked Longmire. We would binge watch together.

Oooor you can do as the kids say amazon prime and chill.... or something like that

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NASCAR truck racing.
    Building model cars.
    Grandkids
    Pizza & Wings

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh> @donm said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

Oh, Sons of Anarchy was good too

• Options
    daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Enjoyed Longmire also. I've read most of the Longmire books and it's funny how different they are from tv.
    Just got done watching Frontier on Netflix and liked it. Our World War on Netflix was good. Also liked the Planet Earth series. The camera work/scenes are amazing. We just started watching Person of Interest and think we're gonna like it.
    I've been reading the Charlie Parker book series by John Connolly and really enjoy them.

• Options

@orlando said:
    Oh> @donm said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

I enjoyed it especially towards the end. I heard that new spin off show by the same director was pretty good as well

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@orlando said:
    Oh> @donm said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

I enjoyed it especially towards the end. I heard that new spin off show by the same director was pretty good as well

Never got into the new show but Anaheim SX coming on now. Going to be a late night brocephus

• Options

@orlando said:

@JRT812 said:

@orlando said:
    Oh> @donm said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@texdawg said:

Never got into the new show but Anaheim SX coming on now. Going to be a late night brocephus

The races have been pretty good so far. Enjoy

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I have to admit that I'm for some reason a big fan of terrorism/espionage stuff....I always liked spy books and movies as a kid and I guess the cold war turned into the war on terror in that genre. Liked Jack Ryan a lot, early Homeland, The Looming Tower on Amazon, and probably others. Anyone have any recs in that general area?

Oh, and tell me about this supercross? I guess I really am old because when I think of bikes I think of like xgames or stunt guys. I know there's racing but I didn't know it was televised. Should I check it out if really bored?

• Options

@scooterdawg said:
    So I have to admit that I'm for some reason a big fan of terrorism/espionage stuff....I always liked spy books and movies as a kid and I guess the cold war turned into the war on terror in that genre. Liked Jack Ryan a lot, early Homeland, The Looming Tower on Amazon, and probably others. Anyone have any recs in that general area?

Oh, and tell me about this supercross? I guess I really am old because when I think of bikes I think of like xgames or stunt guys. I know there's racing but I didn't know it was televised. Should I check it out if really bored?

Switch to NBCSN and check it out !

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Girls on trampolines. Remember the "man show".

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Count me in on the DN book club @JRT812 & @Kasey! I am a regular reader and happy to share recommendations.

On the TV side, best shows I've seen in the last few years that may be available on Netflix, Amazon, or other on-demand/streaming services:

Black Mirror
    Broadchurch
    Mindhunter
    The Missing
    The Night Of
    Patrick Melrose
    Sherlock
    Stranger Things

And unless you're just not a fan of fantasy in any shape or form, Game of Thrones is certainly the best binge-watching option, especially with the final (7th) season coming up.

Edit: @scooterdawg