Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tom crean

CaromeclarkCaromeclark Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Tom crean finna be looking for a new job by the end of the season

Comments

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No he won’t.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He really needs to get it to work with Edwards bad if/when he gets on campus. I won't watch the highlights until he commits, if he does, but from what I can take, he seems like a more athletic James Harden. Pairing that with hopefully a grad transfer PG that can do what Beverley did as a defensive player, and there'd be no excuses to not take a major step forward. If it does work with him, then he'll be in good shape going forward, but if not, he's likely gone after three seasons.

Without Edwards, it is a longer deal, but I don't know if he'd be given a chance to see it through.

• IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he gets Anthony Edwards he will be given 3-4 years

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he gets 3-4 years either way. If he gets Ant Man he deserves 10.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The team is non competitive. They have lost every conference game by double digits. The guards are awful at best and Crean will be given more time due to the roster he was dealt. Watched the game today and they had 15 turnovers by haltime, that is all I could watch.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our basketball team needs help and it's a shame with all the talent in Georgia but none of the kids want to stay home and play for the Dawgs . South Georgia and Middle Georgia have some true talents 😉

• HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He went like 9-25 his first year at Indiana and then made the sweet 16. Give him some time. He's been successful everywhere else he's been and it's hard to imagine he won't do it with us

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He will have 5 years atleast b4 any talk of hot seats. Btw the triangle offense works on any level.never will be outdated

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

EricDawgs1

He will have 5 years atleast b4 any talk of hot seats. Btw the triangle offense works on any level.never will be outdated

It does work way better when you have Jordan, Pippen and Kobe type athletes. Of course, so would any other system.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this is idiotic

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no way he is getting fired after one season (or two or three). UGA is not going to eat a contract of that size for a basketball coach, especially based upon a "Kinsley" gaffe. It isn't a good look coming from him but he was expressing at least in terms of level of play about this roster what a lot of people are thinking. It was a mediocre team with an All-SEC type player like Yante Maten...without him, they look and are playing awful...like they are confounded by the basic fundamentals of the game. The rise or fall of Crean's tenure will be determined by whether he can bring quality to elite talent to Athens, not by a comment after a throwaway game in a throwaway season.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly I think we'd be better off bringing in somebody closer to the bottom of the top 50 than Edwards.

A one and done would be wasted at this point in team development.

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully the addition of Edwards might attract some other quality players preferably a few guards though it is late in the cycle so who knows.

Sorry, I still can't quote.

My thinking is regardless of who else we sign, we won't be ready to contend next season and Edwards will likely be in The NBA in 2020.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

You take talent and figure it out later. At the very minimum, the potential Edwards signing is very important to show that Crean can still do it with developing guards. At a mid point, it potentially can turn things around more than people are thinking, as this is not a football team.

If neither of the above happens, then well, he's in trouble. And it'll be faster trouble than anybody are thinking, because this is not the old guard anymore at UGA. While I don't know anything with basketball for sure, I'm sure they want competitiveness and if it's not back to at a minimum, 21-13 type seasons, Edwards or no Edwards, he's likely fired after 3 seasons.

Georgia's recruiting wasn't that bad, it needs to be just a TOUCH better and occasionally snag the elite guy like an Edwards.

I think Crean has 3 years minimum, regardless of how his teams perform. There won't be a lot of stomach to start over any time soon.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing seems clear... our players have not bought in to what Crean is trying to teach. I think everything Crean said in his post game presser is candidly accurate. It's going to take at least 3 recruiting classes for Crean to get the type of players he needs to run his system.