Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Iron Throne

swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who takes the royal chair in the end?

The Iron Throne 85 votes

Jon Snow
30%
Teddycf_ugamanddsnyderugarguy12bobbyBoroDawgsavvydawgPolynikesJoshJStandawgfantipPharmDawg2054Raiderbeater1ThisDawgjaralstondeutcshland_dawgMia_Dade06HornedDawgsDuckDawg25RedFiveSavageDAWG1 26 votes
Sansa Stark
15%
Diablo_and_DocihateusernamesThelordjohnsonDevil03Dawg07RandomFanApaul404HumbleYourselfDipDawgVALDOSTADAWGRobbieRob14KconnorrileySimmonsWasOnsideBearDawg50 13 votes
Daenerys Targaryen
8%
Dawgsauceswilkerson73jay_kubzzftn49Casanova_FlatulenceJmas26GermanDawg19 7 votes
Cersei Lannister
2%
UGAJ0Emanateedave 2 votes
The Night King
9%
BigDawg279CZCashvilleDawgBigDawgEatinKaseyjudasdurantbenjaminwgreggJdawg2197beardawg06 8 votes
Arya Stark
14%
nickcreighton5bull68dawgdawgbybirthchattdawgAgDawgACPEPPER24LazendaddyDawg4Life912RxDawgBulldawg1982UgadawginbamaGurleyman 12 votes
Tyrion Lannister
4%
OmahaDAWGSoFL_DawgJbdawg36hunter34 4 votes
Bran Stark
1%
mattmd2 1 vote
Other
7%
JeffSentellhow2fishSquillDawgCatfishmainedawgfan23Med_Dawg 6 votes
I hate you and will not participate in your poll
7%
JayDogTheSmartWayBulldawg90TNDawg71YaleDawgHuntsvilleDawg 6 votes

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Arya Stark

Jon is too easy. This show doesn't do easy. Since Ayra... eh hem... grew up last night, I'd wager she will have an offspring that becomes the new heir to the throne. A Snow/Baratheon child. The Targarian line ends in some way. Sorry if I butchered the name spellings.

• RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Sansa Stark

I voted Sansa, but I really mean Sansa and her husband, Tyrion.

There's just no way Jon and Dany both live.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Bran Stark

I voted Bran, however I believe that Bran somehow is/will become the Night King

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arya kills Cersei...there's just no way that's NOT happening. So, you can write her off. I get this feeling though that she ends up dying too. To much anger and vengence and it ends up consuming her. Probably to save Sansa's life or something.

So....Sansa realizes the only thing being queen ever done for her is get everyone she ever loved killed, except Jon, but it doesn't matter. Her and Greyjoy get married and stay in Winterfeld.

Jon and Dany both get tired of the whole 'who's-gonna-sit-on-the-throne' thing and the fact that she is actually his aunt, after they kill the Night King, they just say I'm done, and fly off in the sunset together on the last remaining dragon. One get's get killed in an epic dog-fight with the Nightking's dragon.

Jaime and the Blonde Amazon chick ride off into the sunset as well...sooner or later she has to get tired of embarrassing men in combat...

The Iron Fleet guy gets zombie-fied by the night king, just because he deserves it.

The Night King is killed by...probably Jon in the dog-fight, why else would he have learned how to ride a dragon?

Tyrion will not take it, just because it's what everyone wants...

So, the winner is...

The little girl queen with those 15 men of hers that everyone thinks is going to be the first ones to get killed in the battle with the zombies...she survives and rules..Davos, after finally getting to blade the witch queen woman for burning the little kid, will rule as her right hand man.....the end. thank me later...

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

Jon Snow is the clear leader in this category but I wouldn't be shocked if someone out of left field like Sam Tarly ends up ruling the 7 Kingdoms.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoa....steal Jaime's face!? That's a scenario even I haven't thought of! You know, she's bound to be in disguise when she takes out Cersei, now that you mention it, so this might make sense.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

^^^This, because it's as good an answer as any and for some reason I trust @donm 's judgement.

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Sansa Stark

Numbers 5 and 8 are the same person...a little more QAQC on your posts next time!

My hope is that the white walkers turn out to be the heros in the end and save everyone from skin cancer by bringing on the endless night. But its pretty obvious that any male characters should be immediately crossed off the list.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

Sam is the only person that I'm 100% certain will live, considering he's the one writing the story.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    The Night King

If Sam is in those crypts, I don't think he's gonna make it. Look out for the sneak attack down there. Scuttlebutt the Night King knows a thing or two about Winterfell

Jon Snow

Last thought - Arya will assassinate Cersei, I think that's a non-question, but I also think that Jaime will end up dying heroically in the battle against the White Walkers and Arya will take the opportunity to steal his face, provding her with the inroads to reach Cersei.

Spot on. In the books, Cersei's prophecy from the witch states that she will be killed by the valonqar, or "little brother." Both Jaime and Tyrion are little brother, but it'd be too easy for it to be Tyrion. Either Jaime dies in the battle vs the white walkers and Arya steals his face, or Jaime's story comes 100% full circle and he kills The Mad Queen and gives the throne back to a Targaryen. Either way, Jaime has been my favorite character throughout the books and TV series. I think that he may actually be Azor Ahai, The Prince That Was Promised.

• jaralstonjaralston Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
    Jon Snow

The show is shot as a memory or diary of Samwell, who will eventually become the Maester of King's Landing to Jon Snow and Danearys' child. Sam is being helped by Bran (aka 3rd Eye Blind, aka 3 eyed raven). This is supported by some events in the series being written that have no known survivors (ala Red Wedding). Sam is doing his best to explain how the lives of man were saved by an honest and honorable man (Jon Snow/Aegon) and to teach the lessons learned through their experience and loss from the Night King. It is also serving as a bed time story of sorts for Eddard Targaryen (Jon and Dany's child and eventual king of the seven kingdoms). so that he knows the sacrifices his father and mother made. The seven kingdoms at the end of the Night King's fight are not ruled by a king or queen on the iron throne but a collective party (democracy) of former leaders from the seven kingdoms (the survivors) until the rightful heir (Eddard Targaryen) is old enough and wise enough to take the throne. My best guess of the remaining survivors are Sam, Bran, Sansa, Sir Davos, and Melissandra (however you spell it). Jon doesn't die at the battle of winterfell (episode 3) but does die in a battle with the Night King in King's Landing. Dany dies during child birth on dragonstone. Tormund dies at the battle for winterfell (episode 3) along with Beric, Podric, and Greyworm. Brienne dies in King's Landing defending sansa or arya. Varys dies by trial. Tyrion dies in king's landing by Jaime but after he kills Cersei. Jaime dies with redemption in King's Landing. Theon is killed saving Sansa at Winterfell. Yarra is killed by Euron who is later killed in an inconsequential way that makes his presence seem like it meant nothing at all. The golden company supports Jon's claim on the throne and helps to unseat Cersei in King's Landing since they were originally started by Targaryens and have been in support of the name and right to the throne since their demise.

Take a picture and let me know how I did in 4 weeks.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I’m the only one who hasn’t really watched the show. Tried it because the wife is into it and heard there were good sex scenes. Didn’t see any and couldn’t relate.. quickly said nope.

edited April 2019
    Jon Snow

Going to go further with my theory. Jon and company win the battle of winterfell, but The Night King takes Kings Landing. Jon and company ride south to take the iron throne only to find all of Kings Landing now zombies. Jaime breaks through to save Cersei and ends up having to kill her, thus fulfilling the prophecy of volanqar and Azor Ahai and brings forth Lightbringer. Jaime then defeats the Night King but dies doing so.