Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Schlenk can somehow land..

Jarrett Culver

Jackson Hayes

Sekou Doumbouya

That would be a trifecta, I'd wash his underwear for a month..ok, maybe a week, but no wet pharts.

Comments

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Culver will be gone way before 8
  • UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGADAWG. that is more like a prayer.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Make a trade for Barrett with all of our picks.
  • SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see a scenario where we make 3 first round picks. I'd love to land Culver though.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we stash Sekou Doumbouya in Europe for a year? That would be fantastic.

This isn't a great draft, so I'm looking for a good defending wing and big man, both with some offensive upside. For the third I want to take a wild chance, especially if we can stash them for a year or 2

edited June 2019

I believe stashing Doumbouya in Europe would be an option. We could leave him for a year and he'd still be just 19 years old when he comes over. Somebody will get a potential star in that guy, I hope it's The Hawks. He has creeped up the mock boards.

• Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

Culver, Little, Claxton

I'm not keen on Little, but Claxton at 17 might be a good pick. I'd prefer to take Jaxson Hayes with the 10th pick if we don't trade it though.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Pacers fan but love seeing a competitive East Conference and love basketball talk...

8 - DeAndre Hunter or Cam Reddish ... 
    -> Reddish the better prospect while Hunter is a great defender and can fill 3&D

10 - Jaxson Hayes or Rui Hachimura..
    -> All potential without results. He only averaged 5 RPG and just started the sport so it worries me. Whereas Rui will play that tough role and clean up like a smaller Steven Adams (also brings a new fanbase as first Japanese player drafted first round).

17 - Bol Bol or Goga Bitzade
    -> Bol Bol was a top 5 guy prior to injuries. Hes a freak in theres no real role defined for him or his skill set. Could be a Greek Freak or Embiid waiting process.  Goga can give you all the things Jokic does and fits Jokers draft profile as well. Either player gives a year away from roster either getting healthy or playing overseas (respectively).

No thanks on Reddish. He might have ''the higher ceiling'', but he has a high potential to never come close to reaching it. Hunter would give us excellent defense, good set shooting and he has a feel for team offense. Culver is my pick after the top 3, but it looks like New Orleans has their eye on him at 4. All Jaxson has to do to improve his rebounding and inside offense is to add a bit of weight and get used to contact. He will be a plus defender right away.

Schlenk will need to earn his pay check this week.

Food for thought. The Hawks, The Celtics, The Timberwolves, The Bulls and The Suns are all looking to trade up for The 4th spot owned by The Pelicans. The Hawks have by far the most trade bait.

Here's where it gets interesting. All 4 of the other teams want a PG, specifically Vandy's Darius Garland.

If we could trade picks 8 and 10 we might be able to make a deal with one of the teams needing a PG. Boston and Phoenix both have players we might want. We could ask Boston for Jaylen Brown and their 1st rd pick at 14.

Better yet Phoenix has a log jam at SF with TJ Warren, Kelly Oubre and Josh Jackson. They also have the 6th pick in this evening's draft. I wouldn't want Oubre, he's not good enough off ball to play our offense well. Either TJ Warren or Josh Jackson would do fine though. Since Warren is their starter and Jackson finished the season 3rd string I'm thinking Jackson might be obtainable, good, he's the one I want. So ask for Warren or Jackson and the 6th pick. The Suns are a hot mess but loaded with young talent, they desperately need a good PG.

Imagine if we can get Josh Jackson or Warren and either Culver or Hunter at 6..OUI !

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    no thanks on Josh Jackson
  • orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    With an attitude adjustment Cam could be really good but personally I think Hunter would be the best fit, Hawks have to get an upgrade on the defensive side. 
    edited June 2019

mantis Josh Jackson is still a kid, but he has enormous potential. I'd be thrilled if we land him. The list of NBA players who are as physically gifted as JJ is very short. If he was in this year's draft he'd go either 2nd or 3rd.He has been stuck in a mess in Phoenix. Nobody is running that offense. In Atlanta Trae would get him the ball where he can do what he does best. He can be among the best finishers in The NBA.

• Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we trade up it has to be Hunter or Culver to be worth it.

edited June 2019

Gwinnett. If we trade out, whether up or for a current NBA player it would need to be Hunter or Culver if it's somebody in this draft. The trade possibilities for NBA players are also interesting.

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    WC. I don’t think that Jackson has done anything to lead one to believe he could be one of the best finishers in the NBA. Plus, he’s just been accused of getting his 4 month old daughter high.
  • judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I would love if the hawks took Claxton at 17. Not even really a reach, and he has the potential to be the perfect 5 in today’s game. 6’11 and extremely athletic with decent shooting touch.