Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JAAAAASH DONALDSON

Some heat with us and another reliever from Detroit as well. Could end up being a very good day

• Options
    thegreatwhite1thegreatwhite1 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

We’re done in the divisional series in 4 if we can’t get some bullpen help. Make it happen AA

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When I saw it went final at work all I could hear in my head was Skip Carey screaming

"Braves Win! Braves Win! Braves Win!"

And three more days off the schedule.

• Options

Looks like its Shane Greene.

Not my first choice but he has to be a helluva upgrade to Jackson.

Id use Martin and Newcombe setting up and Greene to close.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Except for Soroka. He should be 13-2 now. Of course the other 2 near misses are on him for not being able to finish off the 5th inning.

• Options

I had to listen to the first 6 innings on the radio. Did Soroka have good movement on his pitches ?

• Options
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm good with Greene

• Options

Yeees!

Great moves in adding a solid middle reliever and a top closer. We still need another starter of course, but this is a better team going forward.

• Options
  • Options
    loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Melancon from the Giants as well

• Options

The Braves have deals in place to acquire Tigers closer Shane Greene and Giants reliever Mark Melancon, pending medicals, sources told MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi on Wednesday. The clubs have not confirmed either deal.

• Options

Three new guys. That is basically a total overhaul.

We just got better.

• Options

I'm guessing Nuke will get another shot at starting soon.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So happy to have new relief pitchers. Watching "Nuke" pitch in the ninth was detrimental to my health.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know why is going on but I have been on fire with my braves predictions lately. I called them getting a gluttony of reliever upgrades over a marquee guy, and calling up Duvall (albeit not the way I’d hoped in a Markakis injury).

my next prediction is we acquire mike trout in the off season

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m glad my drive home takes me an hour and a half. I was about ready to drive my car through a tree listening to the 9th inning. I don’t want to see Luke effing Jackson come out of the gates to the pen anymore. Does not matter to me that he is a 6th or 7th inning guy, I’m done with him. I know Snit is from the Cox tree, but even Cox had enough of Dan Kolb and didn’t put him out there anymore.

Now, on to the happy news. We won. We also traded for a legitimate closer in Greene, what should be a good setup man in Melancon, and Martin last night. Bullpen looks a h.ell of a lot better now.

Bad news. We didn’t get a starter. I think we win the division, but get bounced from the 1st round or whenever we play the Dodgers. They’re horses are thoroughbreds and ours are Shetland Ponies.

• Options
    edited July 2019

The Astros traded for Zack Greinke. They have to be the favorites to win it all now. Just think if we'd got him.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not entirely sure who Brad Greinke is, or if he’s any good, but Zack Greinke does indeed make the Astro’s a top contender. I wanted him and his $70 million over the next 2 years bad.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,976 mod

@Kirbstomper

Mets added Stroman bc they are losing Wheeler (most likely). Looking to compete next year. deGrom, Syndegaard, Stroman, Matz is a decent starting four.

Wish they could've dumped Diaz bc I don't think he's mentally cut out for NYC.

Ultimately, it won't matter. Wilpons still own the team and the Wilpons find a way to screw the pooch every year.

This discussion has been closed.