Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

The win last night proves to me that this team can go all the way. We have been working very hard to get to this point, the last few years we have had good teams but clearly did not have all the pieces to make a run. There is definitely some magic Brewing in Atlanta and it is amazing to watch this team of young talent mixed with veteran stars come together to make a great team. I really feel that years from now, these are the players will be reflecting back on as we do now with Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Chipper.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And they aren't really a team with a propensity for striking out all that much. I must agree with WC - a very, very gritty bunch.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Agreed, not that I ever called him Faulty, but we definitely need this version of him. The way Washington is playing we can't afford to hit a slump either, it's all hands on deck till we secure the division.

• Options

Agreed, even Jackson looks like he's not praying a meteor doesn't fall on him between pitches. Muh_Lan_Son looks like he's been there and is unflappable.

• Options

We've got Fried vs Zach Wheeler tonight in NYC. We've abused Wheeler this season and Max's ERA for August is 2.07. Win this game and it will make 8 series wins and 1 tie out of the last 9. We've beaten the top 2 pitchers statistically in The NL other than Soroka, who hasn't exactly gotten much help from teammates. I'll switch around from Miami/UF and our Bravos.

Win baby win !

• Options

Win.. Win.. Win. 9-5 with more late inning heroics tonight. The pen has pitched 24 straight innings of scoreless ball, that's more like it. This makes us 8-0-1 over the last 9 series.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

7 straight wins?

• Options
  • Options

We've got a 1:10 start today in NYC. It's Keuchel against Matz. On paper this one favors The Mets bigly. Matz has a 2.07 home ERA and he's been lights out since The All Star break. Keuchel has a 6.40 road ERA, he has been very good over his last 2 starts though with a 0.75 ERA.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s amazing how the call-ups and new guys have contributed when they have joined the team. Cervelli had a huge game last night in his first game as a Brave, Ortega hasn’t hit much but his hits have come in crucial spots, Hechavarria has played solid defense and had some big hits, and Hamilton has hit better than expected and will help us with his speed, even if he doesn’t hit. The way Camargo has hit at Gwinnett, I would expect to see him back soon, possibly to play outfield.

• Options

It really is amazing. I wonder if Snitker gives the best welcome speech since The Irish welcomed their first distillery.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had $20 on the Braves last night. They make me happy and they make me money!

• Options

Happiness and full pockets, add love and good health and you've got it made.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love watching DK pitch. I get so tired of these guys that throw instead of pitch. Matz is pretty fun to watch as well.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newk threw the worst 1,2,3 inning I've ever seen. Lol

• Options

Good news and bad news. The bad news is The Braves went into NYC where The Mets had won 13 of their last 14 home games. In 1 game they struck out 27 times, in another they only got 3 hits. Now for the good news. A 3 game sweep of The Mets, 8 straight wins overall, 8-0-1 in the last 9 series including 2 series against the otherwise red hot Mets, a series win against The Dodgers who have the best record in MLB and a road series win Against division leading Minnesota who is on pace to set a MLB season HR record.

It's all good right now.

• Options
  • Options

We got a bit lucky to have a ground ball pitcher start on a day the wind was blowing out in parts of the stadium. For the most part the team is making it's own luck though.

This discussion has been closed.