Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If your goal is to end up in a text thread with just you and the rest of these posters blowing sunshine up each other while the sky falls around you, I think you're *getting close to it.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

I wonder if he is at all concerned about Harbaugh's job security?

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell, re: looking for a 2nd QB in this class what do you think about Stroud vs a grad transfer? Is it too early for chatter on the transfer front? I'm just wondering if Fromm were to jump after this year and let's say we pulled Stroud as the 2nd QB recruit then next year's QB room would be Mailman, Mathis (?), Beck, Stroud, walk-on? I know Stroud is a talent but I just don't know if two incoming FR QBs are what our roster needs.

• Options
    CountingStarsCountingStars Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

You really think Coach Jeff Scott wouldLose out to coach Hankton For a elite receiver prospects there he wants? Doubt it. UGA will beat Clemson for RB, and OL but not WR.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome. We're not hostile to opposing fans here. Just be respectful and be reasonable and we'll all get along. As you may have noticed, a Clemson fan is one of the most respected posters in the site and I look forward to you adding to the discussion.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A couple of points on the people getting in a kerfuffle about the Evans/2nd RB recruitment. I think you can be worried about the fact that two years in a row the Dawgs likely have put off getting a 2nd RB until another year and for a team like ours, that can be concerning. Not just #s but it's putting A LOT on Zeus being back all the way. PWOs? OK?

So I can see @ihateusernames point without it being a condemnation of the staff. Stuff has happened beyond their control and that's life but it doesn't change the #s and while it's being said that RB is now not a primary concern, why is that?

Because they aren't happy with the 3rd tier to take one of them because the value isn't there or because they've seen so much from the backups this year that they decided no real need? I'd hope the latter but suspect the former.

I don't think it's an instate or out of state thing at all though and I was fine with going all in on Evans but worry about the #s, especially breaking in a new QB and O-line so probably going to be even more run heavy(if that's possible).

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's because we are getting Joe Brady as the OC and no longer need 5 RBs

Gonna be throwing it 65% of the time with Jake Fromm/D'Eriq King back there in 2020.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I can't say that I've seen much of this but would we recruit a grad transfer RB? Seems like most backs good enough to where we would want them only stay for 3 years and then jump anyway, I guess. Just something I haven't seen mentioned. Maybe juco?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

If Prather as the fifth RB and has to play we got bigger problems

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

^^^^FYI, when I put that gif above, didn't know the smoke was gonna produce a dollar sign. Not indicating bags being dropped - lol.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

my question for @JeffSentell would be if the Dawgs signed Stroud to pair w/ Beck as incoming true freshmen - seems that would hurt efforts at recruiting Caleb Williams for the 2021 class. Seems like it would probably be an "either/or" scenario as Caleb has options as #1 QB and 5-star in 2021 class.

This discussion has been closed.