Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Last Dance

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Anyone watching?

I'm loving it so far

Comments

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heck yes. As a coach, the chemistry/team dynamic is something that fascinates me. If you make me wanna fight for you, I will be in your corner. I have had less talented teams beat better ones bc I know that my kids would go through a wall for me. Best feeling in the world.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes really good so far on both episodes. MJ as a athlete I dont think anyone had that complete package. Then Pippen wasn't a slouch either especially being a top 5 guy in the league as a #2 to the GOAT.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

So far I've greatly enjoyed it. Made me feel like a kid again and why I loved MJ so much. Apparently the next 4-5 episodes is when he doesn't come off great. I loved the Pistons stuff this week

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s good for the younger folks to really see how good and how driven MJ was about winning. Krause added the right players but the guy was such an idiot to not let that team continue

He’s no longer with us, but like many smart people he probably wanted to show how smart he was and have his genius confirmed by winning a title with new players.

instead he should’ve swallowed his pride, brought back Phil and MJ and try again. Instead he bungled their next few drafts

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020
  • RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That pride is a pesky thing if you allow it to be. We all succumb to it in some way in life. There's just usually not a sports dynasty at stake.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back in the mid 80s I rarely missed a match up when the Bulls came to play the Hawks. Wilkins would always play his best game of the year when MJ was on the court. Those head to head battles were some of the best I ever witnessed. I was very fortunate to have seen many of the greats play and hands down MJ was the best of the best.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Last Dance will serve as an eye opening look at MJ and Company for all of the young naysayers at his total greatness/dominance. This gives some new reflection, and also keen insight to a lot of the younger people in the world today as to what folks that are mostly over a certain age (40 to 45 minimum) who saw each, and every NBA season from the late 1980s, through the late 1990s, with Michael Jordan leading the Chicago Bulls on a run of utter dominance. Those millions upon millions of shoes that are made (and sold) by Nike??? They are called "AIR JORDAN'S" for a reason.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I loved how much Jordan still hates Isiah to this day. I couldn't stand those Pistons teams like everyone else and it was funny to see that the hate was real.

And for the record, I might be the only guy in his 40s that thinks LeBron is a touch better than MJ.

*Ducks fruit thrown at my head*

I'm not sure that Jason Whitlock helps your case, but it's certainly not end of discussion.

LeBron never quit on his team to go play baseball. Just saying...

I don't think MJ had anything else to accomplish at that point. He had no challengers left since he had taken most of them out. Michael retired, didn't quit. LeBron quit in game. A little different story

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pippen would have likely been "Jordan" if Jordan was not around. Chicago was very fortunate to have the NBA's #1 and #2 guy play together for so long.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Such a different game back then. WAAAAAAYYYYYY more physical, no carrying the ball (watch how they dribbled back then compared to now), no traveling (seriously, how many steps does LeBron get?)...

Plus it was much more competitive back then. You had a number of dynasties going on at the same time (Celtics, Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Jazz...) and every team seemed to have at least one legendary player....and many had several legends.

LeBron's last two years his first time with Cleveland they won 127 games. The two years after he left, they won 40 total.

The last two years before Jordan's first retirement they won 124 games. The two years he was off, they won 102.

LeBron was playing with complete scrubs. Jordan had Eastern finals on their own quality teammates and coach.