Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Thank you for FINALLY agreeing with me.

But we should continue trusting your numbers even though you get them from FDOH.

edited July 2020

Jack Nicholas and his wife, both 80 years old, tested + and had basically nil side effects months ago.

WAY more widespread than people think. This thing is gonna burn out, and the CDC knows it. They just want a way to claim a “policy victory” with these bogus preventative measures

edited July 2020

I am unsure of the legitimacy of this image. Someone prove it wrong.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Great news. If only the No HCQ had actually had tests before getting the virus it would be worthwhile (maybe different results). Europe got blindsided 3 weeks earlier than most except Germany who developed a test from the genetic make-up provided by the WHO. This mean't inadequate testing in most EU countries which means only the most severe cases were tested which in turn means a higher CFR.

In the US roughly 40% of the cases have yet to be decided due to being confirmed within the last month. But if the CFR stays around 5% we should get to immunity after 5-10 million die.

With 50 different variables it is extremely dangerous to assign the difference in CFR to one (which studies disprove). I would ask you "Is HCQ sold in Gummibear form?" 🤣🤣. If so I know someone who has 60 million you can get made by an unapproved factory!

BTW The treatment was pioneered in France which has the highest CFR of any but yet is in the No HCQ use group.

2 paragraphs

Judge for yourself. The mortality in the control group was 9.3%. The mortality in the chloroquine group was 16.4%. The mortality in the chloroquine plus macrolide group was 22.2%. The mortality in the hydroxychloroquine group was 18%. And the mortality in the hydroxychloroquine plus macrolide group was 23.8%.

Let’s look at cardiac arrhythmia. The 0.3% of the control group developed new arrhythmias during their hospitalization. But 4.3% of the chloroquine treatment group did. And 6.5% of the chloroquine plus macrolide group. As did 6.1% of the hydroxychloroquine group. And 8.1% of the hydroxychlorquine plus macrolide group.

5-10 million? Wow. Is that a prediction?

I posted and asked for feedback from anyone, but the tone of your response makes me feel like you didn’t appreciate me pointing out you’ve been posting questionable data for nearly 5 months.

Im just asking questions. Don’t take it personally.

People should do their own France/HCQ research. Just because they were the first to show successful use doesn’t mean they were a user. And why? Politics may have played a role.

edited July 2020

Cherrypicking a study where there may have been bad Interactions with multiple drugs does not prove every drug in the study was bad. I’m surprised you are conducting yourself in this manner

99% survival. What were you saying about 5% and 5-10 million?

Check your dates. You are citing stuff from months ago. Mine are within the last few days.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Juice isn’t worth the squeeze fellas. Call me reckless, but it’s true.

edited July 2020

Not a prediction. Merely using the CFR on the graph that you showed. As I have said, the CFR is more a function of testing criteria than national death rate so there are many factors involved here. If you are so limited that you decide to only test patients immediately before being intubated the CFR would be 80-90%. That doesn't mean 40 times more people die in that country in comparison with a country that has plentiful tests and a CFR of 2.5%.

Please explain why if there are 2 people in the same household where 1 tests positive 10 times and the other negative 10 times you believe that only 9% of 2 people have the virus (1/11 tests - due to 1 positive and 10 negatives) . Mine would say that 50% of the 2 have the virus (1/2 tests - 1 positive and 1 negative). Which is more suspect?

BTW they are not my numbers, they are numbers from the source you quote. Infection rate = 1st time positive divided by first time positive + 1st time negative.

@Denmen185 You’ve really got me laughing now.

Please explain why if there are 2 people in the same household where 1 tests positive 10 times and the other negative 10 times you believe that only 9% of 2 people have the virus (1/11 tests - due to 1 positive and 10 negatives)”

What a silly question. Please explain to me why you think someone would be tested 10 times without ever testing positive. If you test negative, they don’t just continually keep testing you. There is probably a small sampling of people who have been tested multiple times without ever testing positive, but it’s probably less than the numbers left out by those laboratories you said wouldn’t move the needle. I actually met someone yesterday who has been tested 3 times, all negative. She works in a lab handing samples. Tested in Feb, April, and June because she has respiratory symptoms. 29 years old. I’m concerned she has something seriously wrong with her that is being overlooked because of the focus on this one time event.

BTW they are not my numbers, they are numbers from the source you quote.”

Actually, they ARE your numbers. First of all, the CFR you calculated using your own assumptions on lag time for deaths. 20 and 30 days are not time periods being published by any major health organization. You are also calculating your own pos% different than the one FDOH provides, despite the fact FDOH is providing a statistic claiming to be the same group. I see how you are getting your numbers, but that’s not the point. If FDOH is publishing one statistic that is suspect (you called it misleading) then all of their statistics in the same report are suspect. That is especially true given the wonky nature of how they calculate and report the full body of test results. Does the below chart make sense to you? What it claims is pretty clear.

Do you think all states calculate the above number the same way, or just Florida? Are we being lied to by every state, or just Florida? What is the purpose of FDOH reporting the above statistics for public use if incorrect?

Nobody suggested to my wife that she continue being tested after being negative. Instead she was simply given amoxicillin for the sinus infection she likely developed from unnecessarily wearing a mask. Started feeling better right away.

BTW, I’m all in favor of your higher test rate. The sooner the better we can get everyone infected. For most people it is nothing but a common cold.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Friends of the family who live in middle Ga shared their story with us yesterday: A couple of weeks ago, this couple was showing mild symptoms, so they decided to have themselves tested. They’re in their mid-50s and have no underlying health issues. They decided to go to a clinic and filled out all of the necessary paperwork and gave It to the receptionist. They then waited in their vehicles for the swab. An hour and a half passed without ever receiving the test, so they decided to leave due to the incredible inconvenience. Last week they received a call from the physician’s office and they were told that their COVID test came back positive.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again, why is this only happening now? In the past testing stopped because we knew it was an epidemic and knew what protocol to follow. Everyone knows it is there and what to do, not everyone is doing what needs to be done, but posting numbers everyday doesn't change it. If you want to se the numbers go to a site and look them up. Why is the media posting them everyday this time but not in the past? Only causing more divisiveness where people are calling out governors of red and blue states based on their numbers. Like you said no reason to keep testing with H1N1 we knew what it was and what to do.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unbelievable...I heard the exact same story from a family friend I know. Reminds me I need to check on where he got with his whistleblowing. Is this couple demanding answers? Reporting to local news?

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son had a group of his friends become symptomatic. My son was only achy and went to be tested and was told he had a fever of 100.6. He got results in 3 days and was positive. As was most of his friends. One friend scheduled a test at an Urgent Care clinic but never went because his parents told him you have symptoms just isolate for 14 days why go in and risk passing it to someone. He got positive results in 3 days but never went to the appointment. When they questioned them, they were told sorry the email was meant for someone else.

Relax, These are all isolated incidents and should be ignored. Back to the fields! ....BAAAAA

(Please allow Bum one humorous post?)

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This^^^^^...I’m not saying COVID isn’t serious, it is, but IMO, hysterical reactions and creating a financial incentive for particular results is a prescription for inaccuracies and more hysteria.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Second day of being sick, woke up this morning and it hit me in the face today. Fever increased and I feel 100 lbs heavier than normal. I cough and my whole body hurts. Not fun to say the least.

Hang in there and if you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to contact your doctor. From what I’ve been reading it seems early intervention is the key.

This discussion has been closed.