Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Leave the last sentence of your post out and you wouldn't have been. And yes there has been jabs by a few here and it's not going to go there. This thread may go into a halftime break to regroup and stop the talk about sexual predators and who is and isn't responsible for this.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m all for the truth. Whatever that may be.

The point I’ve been making concerns why there is a discrepancy in the first place. Are the pos% rates being calculated properly? They seem to be consistently calculated the same way across state borders. I also wholeheartedly agree that the way @Denmen185 calculates seems to make more sense, but given none of the other states use his method then it is fair to question why he insists on doing so. If CDC intends for the states to calculate it a certain way but another way makes more sense, well...you still do it the CDC’s way and assume they have a valid scientific reason. We shut down the entire country just based on theoretical mathematical models that have since been proven false, so it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if their formula for this is wacky.

Maybe the crooked crazy nole woman is right and Florida is cooking the numbers, but that’s a different issue. I don’t see the point. It’s not like they are reporting really low numbers as it is.

You also don’t get to attest that all of the numbers are legitimate, except for these few.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I and others were told we should be put in an internment camp for not pushing Vitamin D as a cure for COVID-19 with no push back from mods. I'm not complaining I can handle myself and I don't need to run to mommy mod for everything, but there is definitely not a "one-sided" thing being pushed here. All manner of quackery and conspiracy has been pushed on here with little resistance. I've just had enough of it.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a great thread, by the way. The banter is entertaining!

They aren't all accurate. Its woefully under-counted and many of us have said that throughout the pandemic. However, its an ever bigger problem if a state is intentionally under counting or even purposefully misreporting results.

The fact that you used the word quackery made me miss Ender Rob that guy of a HR! That's awesome...

Again, this thread is amazing!

edited July 2020

Does this mean you are also quitting the thread? 🤣

You have a flare for dramatic exaggeration, sir.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny that I was quoting a guy's exact words that were a much more serious breach of the rules, but you called my quote of him out as if I was serious, and I was simply ridiculing his hyprocrisy. Maybe there is a bias guys and you just aren't seeing it?

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The predator line was a classic. You just need to read back a few pages. I don’t think anyone got their feelings hurt.

You have yet to point to the hypocrisy. I mention a guy you like has protected over 300 child abusers and you launch into a full defense of his character and say he's the victim of a hatchet job which you believe is equivalent to me saying DeSantis should release the emails from the whistleblower whose colleagues said was good at her job? I understand no one wants to get called out for defending the character of a child abuser, but you see how that's different right?

You guys have been very lenient and allowed a lot of back and forth.

You have allowed PLENTY on both sides to be said.

However, just look at the (few) times a warning has been given, and see if you see a lean.

That being said, some may argue the warnings are in proportion to the "crazy." In some cases - yes. In some cases - quick trigger.

So, call it my opinion if you want. But if you go back and actually tally the warnings from all you "mods," it's a stat, not an opinion.

You guys do a fine job and we agree 98% of the time. Wouldn't waste my time if I didn't respect your opinions. Just hope we can always banter back and fourth with the 2%.

This discussion has been closed.