Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    We may be getting VERY thin upfront next two years if we don’t get a couple of monsters in the boat this year.

Jordan is MASSIVE and has potential, his form is bad. Stands straight up out of his stance.

We have 4 Jr, 6 Soph and Herring FR so we should be fine 2018 but need 2-3 for 2019 on.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 good work.

Good for the kid, go out and see what’s out there since your new coach is doing the same

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Miss is an interesting choice to take for an OV. Don’t see them being relevant for awhile. But I don’t blame him for looking around, since Mullen doesn’t seem to want him.

• Options
    NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone else hearing about jumbo having a in home visit with fields today

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NIKEAIR2014 said:
    Anyone else hearing about jumbo having a in home visit with fields today

If he didn't go play with Jimbo at Free Shoes he ain't going to a&m

• Options
    dawglegleftydawgleglefty Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

It's time also to start counting open schollys due to injuries and dismissals . Coaches will start separating those who can't make it

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

hey a commit elsewhere than FL is a commit for UGA IMO!

• Options

Sounds to me that Campbell is a lock to UGA based on Jeff's comments today

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 where are these comments ?

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @Denmen185 where are these comments ?

Must have been on the pod cast

• Options
    edited December 2017

In the podcast, I didn't hear one thing that would make me want to change my class. Maybe I wasn't listening enough but I read into it that Cooper and Cox are very much in play as is Campbell. I also read into it that there will be decommits.

BTW the class scores in the 315-320 range.

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@Denmen185 said:

How integral is Tucker in his recruitment doe? And Coley?(Since he's the South FL connection)
    All this talk on 247 about some of our coaches potentially getting poached is turning me into a nervous nelly. Tucker, Coley, McGee. Frick. frick frick frick frick.

I am honestly a little more concerned with Cooley. I think Kirby has enough clout on the defensive side of the ball to sure that up. As well as having great insight on who could step in Shear most likely. But Coley is critical. I get it he has too much pedigree to be a position coach, but the fact that so many guys love him and he was the biggest reason we have the TOP 2 WR in 2019 in our class. Not to mention him securing Hollman, improving Godwin and Wims production as well as Mecole.

My breakout WR in 2018 is another Coley special in Matt Landers. Trey Blunt started our SECCG and Coley probably provided the best Freshman CB in Mark Webb with Dell McGee's help.

Every other coaching move I think we can absorb and I cant see Dell leaving this year. He cares for his guys too much and I think a nice pay raise and title change will help keep him around

• Options

@12ed said:

@Denmen185 said:

How integral is Tucker in his recruitment doe? And Coley?(Since he's the South FL connection)
    All this talk on 247 about some of our coaches potentially getting poached is turning me into a nervous nelly. Tucker, Coley, McGee. Frick. frick frick frick frick.

IMO and don't get me wrong, I would hate to lose anyone but I think that Tucker would be more easily covered than Coley. After all KS has a little experience as DC and DB. It may help us in other areas depending on who we were to replace them with.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,986 mod

Just bring in Kevin Beard from Tennessee and I think he slides right in for Coley. Tucker leaves and just promote Sherrer. I think we lose nothing on the recruiting trail if they make those moves. Then hire a stud DB coach/recruiter

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,986 mod

Sounds like #weare out of it

This discussion has been closed.